[REMOVE ADS]

Motown and Motor City Fan Club

Mike Critchley of Kendal, Cumbria was the editor and publisher of the Motown and Motor City Fan Club which released a great number of bulletins of interest on Motown and Motor City. Club no longer functional to my knowledge.

Has anyone been in contact with him in recent times? He was a knowledgeable and smart person on all subjects involving Motown. Just wondering if he is still active as he had previously been.

Thank you.

Yes, Woodward, I have wondered the same.

There was a Mick Critchley and a Ray Cutkelvin who ran the Martha & The Vandellas UK fan club in the sixties.

Would that be the same Mr Critchley?

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Yes, Woodward, I have wondered the same.

There was a Mick Critchley and a Ray Cutkelvin who ran the Martha & The Vandellas UK fan club in the sixties.

Would that be the same Mr Critchley?
    Good question. I do not know. I am totally unfamiliar with the MRV UK fan club. It probably is, however, I am uncertain. Certainly someone else should be able to answer these questions.

Yes it's the same Mick Critchley who ran the Martha & Vandellas fan club. Raymond Cutkelvin passed away a few years ago unfortunately but I received an email from Mick just a couple of months ago and he is still very much active.

Thanks shoo-be-doo...

Oh, sorry to hear that Ray[[mond) has passed away.

If you speak to Mick again, ask him from all of us if he's a member here, and has time to say hello....

Hi There Soulful Detroit.
    This is Michael Critchley. And still going strong. I am the same Mick of Mick and Ray that ran Martha & The Vandellas throughout The '60's in Europe. And the same Mike Critchley that ran the Motown & Motorcity Fan Club through The '90's.
    Still on the Motown trail, and at the moment am working on a book about Motown.
    All the best
    Michael

Glad to hear you're going strong!

Looking forward to more posts from you......

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Mike Critchley of Kendal, Cumbria was the editor and publisher of the Motown and Motor City Fan Club which released a great number of bulletins of interest on Motown and Motor City. Club no longer functional to my knowledge.
    Thank you.

I loved the Motown & Motocity Fan Club.
    It is through that club that I 'discovered' many wonderful Motown artists.

Bryan

Hi Bryan
    Good to know you're still beating the Motown drum.
    Guess I'm about a third into the book, which it trying to look at Motown from a different angle to other books out there at the moment.
    Michael Critchley