[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

Review: Diana Ross at the Chicago Theatre

Great reviw; just as one would expect from a Diana Ross concert.

It's funny they mention Gloria Gaynor; I assume it's "I Will Survive" they speak of. Diana has had that in her show list for close to twenty years now. I actually perfer Diana's version over the original.

Thats a nice review and thats a real pretty gown Diane is wearing.

Thank you Lulu.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    In some parts of the world, I Will Survive is synonymous with Diana Ross only. the show last night was a love in. The vibe was so good that a man needed a Kleenex from his wife because he totally lost it when Ross left after I will Survive. Wow. Say what you will about anything about her, no one, NO ONE, effects their audience like this - and I've seen them all. People who shelled out $400-$900 to sit in the pit left on a cloud. New dress! Looks awful in pics, but rocks in person. She sounded great, was in an amazing mood, and I'm counting the seconds until tonight. There was like 35 of us after the show that went out together. Good people, good times. Good Kool Aid.

Reach and And Touch was back in last night??!!

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Thats a nice review and thats a real pretty gown Diane is wearing.

Thank you Lulu.

Roberta

I agree...she looks like a fairy godmother - FROM OZ!!!

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    In some parts of the world, I Will Survive is synonymous with Diana Ross only. the show last night was a love in. The vibe was so good that a man needed a Kleenex from his wife because he totally lost it when Ross left after I will Survive. Wow. Say what you will about anything about her, no one, NO ONE, effects their audience like this - and I've seen them all. People who shelled out $400-$900 to sit in the pit left on a cloud. New dress! Looks awful in pics, but rocks in person. She sounded great, was in an amazing mood, and I'm counting the seconds until tonight. There was like 35 of us after the show that went out together. Good people, good times. Good Kool Aid.
    I'm glad to hear it - I've been debating with some highly critical dude who saw a clip over on YouTube about the Dallas performance. I've assured him we can only expect glowing reviews from here on out!

supremester Guest
    I saw that clip and it didn't look that great, but her sound is usually to loud for phone mics unless its a ballad. All I know is what I saw: Miss ross is on fire, honey!

Great review. Diana was one of those entertainers who didn't know nothing about barriers. She continues to break them just from the description of the audience there.

Lulu Guest
    I saw that clip and it didn't look that great, but her sound is usually to loud for phone mics unless its a ballad. All I know is what I saw: Miss ross is on fire, honey!
    I really don't think YouTube videos do many performers justice.

I think Miss Ross has lost some weight. Her face looks better than it did the last couple of months it looked a little bloated at one time. Nice pics.

She looks good and might have dropped a little weight. After the frosty green wrap comes off, I don't think that dress is much.

The new aqua gown has me scratchin' my head: Great color on her, and Ross, herself, looks exceptional. But the nude/illusion material around the shoulders is so dense, there's not a speck of illusion. Maybe it works better in person. But picture-wise, it brings to mind Ruth Buzzi's stockings on LAUGH-IN.

Attachment 8113
    Attachment 8114

Ha - love the Ruth Buzzi connection!
    I really don't think YouTube videos do many performers justice.
    I completely agree - it's beyond unfair to judge any performance by a YouTube clip and, yet, it happens all the time...

Not sure about that dress....sorta looks like she was dressed by Walt Disney. But, as was stated....maybe it looks better in person?

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Not sure about that dress....sorta looks like she was dressed by Walt Disney. But, as was stated....maybe it looks better in person?
    I think Dianes new dress looks real pretty and age appropriate. I dont like seeing ladies in they 60s and 70s wearing strapless dresses that show they bare arms. I love the new dress.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    Last night's show was great, of course. the new gown has designs in the beading that do not show in pics - it's good. the top could use a few little sparkles, but trust me, it works in person. She was in killer voice, looks sensational and did two encores for a 90 minute set. Chicago loves Miss Ross. Tonight we are doing Motown:The Musical or, as Miss Ross said last night, "The REAL story is around the corner" [[the play is on the same block as her venue.) Miss Ross makes a lot of people happy. She does it well and she does it on her terms. And she appreciates us. It's win-win.

Lulu Guest
    I think Dianes new dress looks real pretty and age appropriate. I dont like seeing ladies in they 60s and 70s wearing strapless dresses that show they bare arms. I love the new dress.

Roberta
    It's true - we all suffer from saggy arms at that age...unless you're Christie Brinkley or Lynda Carter! LOL!

Sme real nice photos of Diane in Chicago.

She look great for 70 years young.

She look great for 70 years young.
    Why is she wrapped up in that bedspread? What is she hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    The new aqua gown has me scratchin' my head: Great color on her, and Ross, herself, looks exceptional. But the nude/illusion material around the shoulders is so dense, there's not a speck of illusion. Maybe it works better in person. But picture-wise, it brings to mind Ruth Buzzi's stockings on LAUGH-IN.

Attachment 8113
    Attachment 8114
    I was going to say she looks like the Jolly Green Giant, but the Ruth Buzzi comparison is pretty right on! LOL!!!!

Check out this Yahoo video of concert goers in Chicago, after the show, giving their reviews/comments.

DIANA ROSS
    EXIT POLLS: TouchVision gets the word on a Diana Ross concert.

https://screen.yahoo.com/diana-ross-183618792.html

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Check out this Yahoo video of concert goers in Chicago, after the show, giving their reviews/comments.

DIANA ROSS
    EXIT POLLS: TouchVision gets the word on a Diana Ross concert.

https://screen.yahoo.com/diana-ross-183618792.html
    Wow thems some very happy and real satisfied concert goers. Well done Miss Diane Ross.

Roberta

LadyLola Guest

Sorry I missed it. But I know Diana's gonna be back. She keeps going and going. Go for her.

LadyLola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post

Your saggy ass.

LadyLola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    It's true - we all suffer from saggy arms at that age...unless you're Christie Brinkley or Lynda Carter! LOL!
    Those two women look fantastic!

You're up there on the Boob?

supremester Guest
    The same thing Mary hides with those shower curtains from HoJo's she favors so.: The Lindbergh Baby........

What Bedspread ???
    Lost again here

The same thing Mary hides with those shower curtains from HoJo's she favors so.: The Lindbergh Baby........

Oh never mind I get it
    Venom !!!!being spit by SD member

I am glad to see she kept her sax player - That guy could JAM !!!