[REMOVE ADS]

Funny Girl #82 with a Bullet on Amazon Top 100

selling and rising on the Amazon MP3 Top 100 albums chart...this is the sort of thing that Universal will pay attention to regarding future releases, physical or otherwise..

Is there a link Jimi? It'd be fun to keep an eye on to see how well it does! I wish this release and everyone associated with it success! The better it sells, perhaps the better chance we have that this will be released on CD, maybe even with a booklet that actually fits a jewel case!

Not bad; I'm sure it doesn't mean it is selling a lot; and it probably won't be there long; but still, A SUCCESS!

Lulu Guest
    I think her stuff tends to sell pretty well on Amazon and iTunes when it first comes out. There was actually quite a bit of internet buzz on this one so I'm sure it piqued folks' curiosity.

click the link and scroll down to where it says Amazon sales rank... it has dipped a bit today.

http://www.amazon.com/Diana-Supremes...mes+funny+girl

higher charting than the original release!

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    higher charting than the original release!
    And selling better than the musical version!

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    And selling better than the musical version!
    In Paid in MP3 Albums, but not in downloads.

I'v been tryin to find Diana Ross and The Supremes Sing And Perform Funny Girl on itune,i can't find it,is there a link on itune?

Just go to the iTunes store and search for "supremes funny girl" - it comes right up. And for good measure here's a direct link:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/di...rm/id865674983

On the Amazon Pop Album chart, the album currently ranks at #37!!!! [[And that apparently is slightly down from its previous ranking).

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    On the Amazon Pop Album chart, the album currently ranks at #37!!!! [[And that apparently is slightly down from its previous ranking).
    But #340 on the overall chart. But I'm sure its rankings are still giving a self esteem boost to those whose self esteem and sense of identity is tied to chart rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    But #340 on the overall chart. But I'm sure its rankings are still giving a self esteem boost to those whose self esteem and sense of identity is tied to chart rankings.
    One might get the impression that this isn't selling as well as hoped? It's pretty telling that most of the "FG" threads have drifted to the bottom of SDF. In fact, there's more threads in the "Top 10" [[at this moment) about Mary Wilson suing Supremes and fake Supremes than there are talking about this recent release. Seems to me in years past, whenever there was a new release, the threads were endless. It's too bad. I wonder if this might have changed with a physical copy of "FG". I know I myself would have more to offer.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    One might get the impression that this isn't selling as well as hoped? It's pretty telling that most of the "FG" threads have drifted to the bottom of SDF. In fact, there's more threads in the "Top 10" [[at this moment) about Mary Wilson suing Supremes and fake Supremes than there are talking about this recent release. Seems to me in years past, whenever there was a new release, the threads were endless. It's too bad. I wonder if this might have changed with a physical copy of "FG". I know I myself would have more to offer.
    First of all, if some "unearthed" Marvin Gaye set were released digitally and charting on iTunes, I can only imagine how some fans would be creaming their pants.

Second, this ongoing digital boycott nonsense is moot at this point. The album is selling well, everyone who purchased it is pleased with it and it's gotten stellar reviews across the board. No one is interested in this ridiculous i-demand-a-cd pity party and for everyone who decided to download after emphatically saying they wouldn't yet had to whine about not being able to figure out the technology of playing the files or printing the book, if you have the wherewithal to sign up for this forum with a clever 'handle', activate your registration and eventually post your own threads and video links, you can take five seconds to Google any technical issues you may think you have with Amazon/iTunes/Adobe.

As for me, I've said my peace but Lulu's ship is sailing on...too much negativity here [[has even brought it out of me on occasion) and the same childish Diana Ross and Mary Wilson pissing contests I've been listening to for the last 44 years.

Funny Girl has done well enough. It's got some sales.

I haven't downloaded/bought, but I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    First of all, if some "unearthed" Marvin Gaye set were released digitally and charting on iTunes, I can only imagine how some fans would be creaming their pants.

Second, this ongoing digital boycott nonsense is moot at this point. The album is selling well, everyone who purchased it is pleased with it and it's gotten stellar reviews across the board. No one is interested in this ridiculous i-demand-a-cd pity party and for everyone who decided to download after emphatically saying they wouldn't yet had to whine about not being able to figure out the technology of playing the files or printing the book, if you have the wherewithal to sign up for this forum with a clever 'handle', activate your registration and eventually post your own threads and video links, you can take five seconds to Google any technical issues you may think you have with Amazon/iTunes/Adobe.

As for me, I've said my peace but Lulu's ship is sailing on...too much negativity here [[has even brought it out of me on occasion) and the same childish Diana Ross and Mary Wilson pissing contests I've been listening to for the last 44 years.
    Bon voyage!

smark21 Guest
    This is an album that was going to sell pretty well its first couple of days out as Diana Ross and The Supremes have a number of dedicated fans. Granted some weren't going to buy Funny Girl because it was not available as a CD and some weren't going to buy as they aren't into the music of Funny Girl. At this point most of the die hards have bought it and I can't imagine many general interest and casual fans purchasing it. Many some Funny Girl completists will buy it as well. And no doubt some of the fans who did buy it bought it for the pictures in the booklet and not the music as there's been a fair amount of discussion on the net about what's in the booklet rather than the songs, performances, and arrangements.