[REMOVE ADS]

David Ruffin's Solo Recordings..............

David Ruffin was one of the most talented vocalists to ever record at Motown. He and his music hardly ever gets discussed here on the Motown Forum. He had some very great and interesting recordings in his catalogue such as this one...

thomas96 Guest
    One of my favorites is The Double Cross.

thomas96 Guest
    Marv, we need more posts of the more obscure, more "soul" artists and songs, like those Junior tracks and the David Ruffin. And add in the Jimmy Ruffin, the Monitors, Shorty Long [[one of my favorites!!), Fantastic Four, etc. And don't forget Jimmy & David's duet album, that's gotta be my favorite work from those two.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Marv, we need more posts of the more obscure, more "soul" artists and songs, like those Junior tracks and the David Ruffin. And add in the Jimmy Ruffin, the Monitors, Shorty Long [[one of my favorites!!), Fantastic Four, etc. And don't forget Jimmy & David's duet album, that's gotta be my favorite work from those two.
    I totally agree! Here is [[in my opinion) one of David's all time best......."My Whole World Ended...."

I can't find a working version on Youtube but World of Darkness is one of my favorite songs of his.

here's one I was able to find that I love just as much:

Marymary, I found this one and it works for me. Take a listen and let me know:

It seems that every city/region had their favorites from Motown Artists. Here is a certified Philly favorite by David Ruffin, "Statue of A Fool". In the years I lived there it was played on the radio every weekend:

David's version of "Rainy Night In Georgia" from 1970 could have definitely been a hit for him if Brook Benton hadn't gotten it first!

Thanks Marv! The first few versions I found on youtube were removed due to copyright, was too lazy to search on my tablet for more but glad you did

BTW here's my other favorite song of his, sorry atheists but David's about to take you to church:

Quote Originally Posted by marymary View Post
    Thanks Marv! The first few versions I found on youtube were removed due to copyright, was too lazy to search on my tablet for more but glad you did

BTW here's my other favorite song of his, sorry atheists but David's about to take you to church:

You are very welcome Marymary. Oh yeah this is a good one. I have a video of him performing on Soul Train all deck out in his early 70's "Eleganza" outfit complete with shag wig! LOL!