[REMOVE ADS]

If you need a good laugh read this one

This was sent to me in 2001 by my late brother in law, Joe McLellan, classical music critic and chess critic for the Washington Post

__________________________________________________ ___

If you must leave West Virginia, Arkansas is the place to go.

ARKANSAS CITY [[EAP) 2001

A Little Rock woman was killed yesterday after leaping through her moving car’s sunroof during an incident best described as “ a mistaken rapture” by dozens of eyewitnesses.

Thirteen other people were injured after a twenty car pile up resulted from people trying to avoid hitting the woman who was apparently convinced that the rapture was occurring when she saw twelve people floating up into the air, and then passed a man on the side of the road who she claimed was Jesus.

“She started screaming ‘He’s back, He’s back’ and climbed right out of the sunroof and jumped off the roof of the car,” said Everett Williams, husband of the 28 year old Georgia Williams who was pronounced dead at the scene. “I was slowing down but she wouldn’t wait till I stopped,” Williams said. “She thought the rapture was happening and was convinced that Jesus was gonna lift her up into the sky,” he went on to say.

“This is the strangest thing I’ve ever seen since I’ve been on the force,” said Paul Madison, first police officer on the scene. Madison questioned the man who looked like Jesus and discovered that he was dressed up as Jesus and was on his way to a toga costume party when the tarp covering the bed of his pick-up truck came loose and released twelve blow up dolls filled with helium, which floated up into the air.

Ernie Jenkins, 32, of Fort Smith, who’s been told by several of his friends that he looks like Jesus, pulled over and lifted his arms into the air in frustration, and said, “Come Back Here,” just as the Williams’ car passed him. Mrs. Williams was sure that it was Jesus lifting people up into the sky as they passed by him, according to her husband. Mrs. Williams loved Jesus more than anything else.

When asked to comment about the floating dolls, Jenkins replied, “This is all just too weird for me. I never expected anything like this to happen.”

I'm wondering if maybe there a demand for "Blow-up Dolls" in heaven?

I can see why Mrs Williams might have wanted to join them ....

Roger

Wow! If she only knew [[she should have known) that according to the Bible when Christ comes back, he's going to call Christians to come up and meet him in the air. He won't be touching down.

Just another reason I don't associate myself with most christians. Too many of them are ignorant and nutty as a jar of peanut butter.

Thanks edafan..............Had me in fits, so funny.
    I did some checking around and found this..........

http://www.snopes.com/religion/rapture.asp
    Still funny!

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    Thanks edafan..............Had me in fits, so funny.
    I did some checking around and found this..........

http://www.snopes.com/religion/rapture.asp
    Still funny!
    It was sent to me in 2001 by the now late Joe McLellan, Washington Post classical music and chess critic.
    Either they fooled him,
    or he knew it was a joke.

edafan

Bwahahahaha! OMG! This is TOO funny!!