[REMOVE ADS]

Bizarre Ebay Listing

Why do people do this? I see it happen on ebay quite a bit [[but usually not to this extreme) - they post something for sale at an insane price that simply defies every kind of logic imaginable:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Supremes...item3f34afbc0b

And to add insult to injury - shipping is an inflated $11.25! So bizarre...

That is OUTRAGEOUS. First of all, the record isn't even in the original sleeve. The seller's given no reason as to why it's so pricey. I found a copy with a better cover at a local store for about $10.

People also to throw "RARE!" in their listings when they really just mean "Old"...

Hey, I'll sell my copy for only $499!

His other items for sale are off the hook, too. Somebodies got some delusions of grandeur up in here!

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    His other items for sale are off the hook, too. Somebodies got some delusions of grandeur up in here!
    Right??

As ejluther said, it seems this seller has confused "old" with "rare." I hope no one is dumb enough to purchase this. This price is laughable!

Considering how fanatical some fans, hell, I'll say it, thousands of fans of this group are,
    I'll bet fifty dollars to a falafel that someone will buy it at that price! Funny that another
    seller is offering it at fifteen bucks as I write this. To each it's reach.....

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Considering how fanatical some fans, hell, I'll say it, thousands of fans of this group are,
    I'll bet fifty dollars to a falafel that someone will buy it at that price! Funny that another
    I doubt that. If people won't spend 9.99 on a digital copy of "Funny Girl" I seriously doubt their going to shell out some ludicrous amount on a jacked up copy of WDOLG especially when they can get the now-out-of-print 40th Anniversary edition for $100 less! LOL!

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I doubt that. If people won't spend 9.99 on a digital copy of "Funny Girl" I seriously doubt they're going to shell out some ludicrous amount on a jacked up copy of WDOLG especially when they can get the now-out-of-print 40th Anniversary edition for $100 less! LOL!

Speaking of overpriced items, you might want to check this one out...

http://www.amazon.com/Zenith-96-0529.../dp/B001K3IXW8

...and it's accompanying review...

“I wasn’t going to buy this watch, but then I noticed Amazon had it with $58,000 off! What a deal. With the money I saved I purchased a brand new BMW and still had money left over for a Disney vacation. How many watches save you money to buy a car and a vacation?
    Now whenever I see someone with money troubles I tell them to buy this watch and save $58,000. I am considering buying 10 of these watches so I can save $580,000 and buy a house on cash. Retirement saving is also no longer a concern for me, as I plan to buy one every year and live off the $58,000 I save.”

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post

“I wasn’t going to buy this watch, but then I noticed Amazon had it with $58,000 off! What a deal. With the money I saved I purchased a brand new BMW and still had money left over for a Disney vacation. How many watches save you money to buy a car and a vacation?
    Now whenever I see someone with money troubles I tell them to buy this watch and save $58,000. I am considering buying 10 of these watches so I can save $580,000 and buy a house on cash. Retirement saving is also no longer a concern for me, as I plan to buy one every year and live off the $58,000 I save.”
    Oh that is just ridiculous. You good get 5-6 Rolexs for that amount!

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post

Actually, all the reviews are hilarious!

Not bizarre but interesting - an untouched-up TOUCH cover photo:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-X-10-B-W-P...item4865cdea70
    Attached Images Attached Images