Around June 3, 2014
    CD

View on
    Watch List
    4.90 11
    Related searches

Faith Hope & Charity
    Soul [[CD, LP)

Faith Hope & Charity were one of those soul combos that were ripe for the disco years. They didn't have much of a strong presence on their own, and had already worked a lot with Van McCoy – so when Van made his "hustle" move in the mid 70s, their male/female harmony style proved to be perfect for Van's pop disco arrangements. Most of the stuff on the album's a bit weak, but there are a few tasty numbers that really show the connection between up-tempo AM radio soul and the later club years. These include the great "Find a Way", "Don't Go Looking For Love", and "To Each His Own". © 1996-2014, Dusty Groove, Inc.
    Last edited by blueskies; 04-25-2014 at 11:50 AM.

That is great news. There is also an album on iTunes so hopefuly we may see more FH&C releases in the near future.

This is great news. I heard rumours of it a few weeks back but thought I'd keep quiet until something was up on one of the retailers' sites.

Anyway .. Amazon.co.uk now have it on their site for pre-order at a reasonably priced £10.09 ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Faith-Hope-C...pe+and+charity

Personally I was surprised at how luke-warm the review at Dustygroove was .. I still have my Vinyl copy from 1976 and think that the versions of "Just One Look" and "Rescue Me" are quite good.

Roger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEAGE_jsFKY

One of my all time favorites from back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    This is great news. I heard rumours of it a few weeks back but thought I'd keep quiet until something was up on one of the retailers' sites.

Anyway .. Amazon.co.uk now have it on their site for pre-order at a reasonably priced £10.09 ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Faith-Hope-C...pe+and+charity

Personally I was surprised at how luke-warm the review at Dustygroove was .. I still have my Vinyl copy from 1976 and think that the versions of "Just One Look" and "Rescue Me" are quite good.

Roger

Surprised ? I was amazed. Dusty Groove review 99.9% of all cds absurdly enthusiasctically. Basically, they like everything. So to use the words a "bit weak" in the review must mean they hate it. Myself
    : i also think its a pretty poor record.

Quote Originally Posted by Amithesameboy View Post
    Surprised ? I was amazed. Dusty Groove review 99.9% of all cds absurdly enthusiasctically. Basically, they like everything. So to use the words a "bit weak" in the review must mean they hate it. Myself
    : i also think its a pretty poor record.
    As Faith, Hope and Charity sang....."To Each His Own".

Gosh I used to love this song. They are the Hughes Corporation souled up!

Zulema CUSSEAUX

Obituary

CUSSEAUX, Zulema National Recording Artist and Tampa native, passed away Monday, Sept. 30, 2013, after a short illness. She was 66. Funeral Services will be held Saturday, Oct. 12th, at 2 pm, at her Home Church, First Baptist Church of West Tampa, 1302 N. Willow Ave., with the pastor, Rev. Rayford Harper, officiating. She had one brother, the late Mr. Rene Govantes and has one surviving sister, Mrs. Barbara Rocha of Tampa. Ms. Cusseaux, to her family, was called "Zuli," to her friends, Zulema and in the recording industry, she became known as Ms."Z," which was also the name of one of her six albums. Zulema's recording career began in the late 60's, early 70's when she, along with Tampa natives Brenda Hilliard and Albert Bailey, formed the "Lovelles" [[later becoming Faith, Hope and Charity) and was produced by Van McCoy. Their first recording, "So Much Love" became a top 20 R&B hit. Zulema began her solo career shortly after, with her self-titled album. She toured with major stars like Bill Withers and Sam and Dave. Survived by aunts, Margaret Mount, Maggie Cusseaux and Ann Cusseaux, of Miami; nephews, Rodney Govantes [[Constance), Ronald Govantes [[Ebony), Teofilo Govantes [[Karah); niece, Zoriana Govantes; and loving family. Remains repose after 5 pm, Oct. 11th, at Ray Williams Funeral Home, 301 N. Howard Ave., family will receive friends 6-7 pm, asked to assemble at the church at 1:45 pm on Saturday. Arrangements entrusted to Ray Williams Funeral Home, Rhodes & Northern, Owners. www.raywilliamsfuneralhome.com

Published in the Tampa Bay Times on Oct. 11, 2013