[REMOVE ADS]

Brenda Holloway "SUDDENLY"

This song has always been a favorite of mine every since I heard it on her "Every Little Bit Hurts" lp. When I bought the cd "The Early Years" I was pleasantly surprised to learn the song had been recorded before ELBH. This morning a commercial came on television playing 'Suddenly'. Good to see another song written by Brenda has sustained through the years.

This made me wonder, just how many of her songs did she have a part in writing? Of course, I knew about "You've Made Me So Very Happy," and [[I think) the kind of lame "Land of 1000 Boys" but are there many others?

Interestingly here is Patrice's compositions

http://repertoire.bmi.com/writer.asp...ffiliation=BMI
    Last edited by theboyfromxtown; 04-22-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Interestingly here is Patrice's compositions

http://repertoire.bmi.com/writer.asp...ytype=WriterID
    Thank you. I didn't know she wrote "Bah Bah Bah." I love that quirky song. She certainly is a talented singer/songwriter.

Here's another song she co-wrote by The Sequins. I believe that she and Patrice are on this recording as well.
    Name:  The Sequins.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  23.8 KB

Patrice's first single was also co-written by the Holloway Sisters.
    Name:  patrice_holloway__do_the_del_viking_ic002_204.jpg
Views: 1323
Size:  73.2 KB

I missed this thread and only found it when I started to post the same information and wanted to make sure I wasn't duplicating anything.

Here is the commercial for Friskies Cat Food - click "Watch the New Video"

http://www.friskies.com/?utm_source=...randed|General

I was lying on my couch watching the CBS Sunday Morning news program, not yet energized enough to do something, when the commercial aired. The close-ups of the cats licking their "lips" [[or whatever they have around their mouths) was in time to the music which was mesmerizing. Just as the commercial ended I realized it was the beautiful voice of Brenda Holloway. I jumped off the couch and headed for my CD shelves and found my Brenda Holloway CDs. Sure enough I saw "Suddenly", which was from her Motown album. I will be playing that album and her anthology today.

It was a Motown morning. Earlier I had seen a news clip on shopping which used The Miracles "Shop Around".

It aired twice during the CBS Sunday Morning show. I really hope Brenda can make some money from this commercial.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    I missed this thread and only found it when I started to post the same information and wanted to make sure I wasn't duplicating anything.

Here is the commercial for Friskies Cat Food - click "Watch the New Video"

http://www.friskies.com/?utm_source=...randed|General

I was lying on my couch watching the CBS Sunday Morning news program, not yet energized enough to do something, when the commercial aired. The close-ups of the cats licking their "lips" [[or whatever they have around their mouths) was in time to the music which was mesmerizing. Just as the commercial ended I realized it was the beautiful voice of Brenda Holloway. I jumped off the couch and headed for my CD shelves and found my Brenda Holloway CDs. Sure enough I saw "Suddenly", which was from her Motown album. I will be playing that album and her anthology today.

It was a Motown morning. Earlier I had seen a news clip on shopping which used The Miracles "Shop Around".

I also saw this commercial this weekend while flipping channels & as soon as I heard that voice I was like "oh wow" also lately I've been seeing the commercial using the Exciters recording "Say It Wih Love" .Man, what a JOLT to hear these beautiful distinctive voices coming out of the TV. I sure hope THEY are being properly compensated and hats off to the ad execs who picked the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by caliluv View Post
    This song has always been a favorite of mine every since I heard it on her "Every Little Bit Hurts" lp. When I bought the cd "The Early Years" I was pleasantly surprised to learn the song had been recorded before ELBH. This morning a commercial came on television playing 'Suddenly'. Good to see another song written by Brenda has sustained through the years.
    It is interesting. I heard the song this morning and did a search to see who was singing the song although I thought it was the talented Ms. Holloway. I just bought her retrospective of Motown songs. I am praying that Patrice and Brenda Holloway still own their copyrights and get royalties. It would be nice only to be heard again after all these years but getting the money for the song.

Hey is that you Handsome Michael! Long time! Are you still keeping the vodka industry in business! LOL

Last we asked [[a good few years ago now), Brenda's royalties were paying off her accrued recording costs owing to the prolific amount of songs she recorded. I dare say the flights, meals and limousine costs getting to Detroit from LA weren't cheap either.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Hey is that you Handsome Michael! Long time! Are you still keeping the vodka industry in business! LOL

Last we asked [[a good few years ago now), Brenda's royalties were paying off her accrued recording costs owing to the prolific amount of songs she recorded. I dare say the flights, meals and limousine costs getting to Detroit from LA weren't cheap either.
    Yes...it is me...resurfacing again...LOL!!! I will be doing "Gypsy" with Leslie Uggams at the Connecticut Repertory Theater in Storrs, Connecticut. So I guess you could say I am still in the business.