[REMOVE ADS]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    LadyLola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Marv 'DetroitLIVE313' Davis who isnt man enough to admit hes DetroitLIVE313. Marv who pretend that Mary Wilson is his good friend. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Sounds like he's full of shit to me.

Actually, the YouTube ID is detroitliveS313 - don't leave out the 'S'.

Here's a link to a Mary Wilson video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKTPX...C38BE07E169966

I'm happy to report though that detroitlives313 doesn't engage in any Diane bashing on this thread, even though there's some really awful postings in there trashing Mary's performance and making some really nasty, disgusting comments about her. You may also note that our own Jobeterob makes a few comments as well [[which are not the nasty ones, but still I'm happy to see they didn't provoke detroitlives313).
    Last edited by kenneth; 04-27-2014 at 01:51 PM.

And here's another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKggpPxQ6vY

In this one you will note that DetroitLives313 responds - very appropriately - to someone saying Diane is far superior with the following comment:

DetroitLives313

2 years agoin reply to Erica M

@erica18mj It is very possible to like them both! That's how most of us came to like them to begin with, together.......as a group!
    Last edited by kenneth; 04-27-2014 at 02:09 PM.

I do believe that DetroitLives313 and Marv are one and the same, but I think - and hope - that he's left the vitriol behind. These were the first two random examples I found, and they're not really very recent, so if indeed Marv has toned it down, I'm glad. The nasty and anti-gay stuff I've seen posted under that name, Marv my brother, are not worthy of you.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    I believe you are a very disingenuous person which is why you chose the profile name that you did and not use your real name.
    Last time I looked, hardly anyone uses their real name on this forum, probably for good reason!

Now, Al Jolson promoted racial stereotypes for fame and money and in the process hurt scores of people that he could less about.
    This has been shown to be 100% untrue.

They were unknown to him
    This is also untrue by some accounts.

Lol you sure as heck can play the victim marv2. Hows about all them disgusting and vile and ignorant and hateful homophobic personal attacks you make on YouTube under the names of DetroitLive313?
    I propose that, unless ANYONE on this forum is willing to provide evidence of this, all should cease throwing this up repeatedly. People may attempt to cover up their tracks, but it's the internet, so things will always remain somewhere. I hope one of you had the sense to copy and save the alleged offending words and videos, and can prove Marv is whom you all say he is.

I am not a friend or defender of Marv, but if people repeatedly made accusations like this in the established media without evidence, they'd be looking at a libel lawsuit. Just sayin'...

How about all you personal attacks in this here forum when you call folks dumb and stupid and other name. Smh just smh at you hypocrisy. Poor marv2.
    We are all guilty of it, but, it's stuff like name-calling that makes me think that Ralph should reconsider his no-rules position and create some. He should put it in writing. If there is a "report" feature in this forum software, Lowell should enable it. It's better than sending an email.

From what I see, Marv is still here because he has not called anyone names and continually personally attacked anyone. And, if he has in the past, Ralph has obviously forgiven him.
    Last edited by soulster; 04-27-2014 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It will be either that or another one of their endless personal attacks on me.......
    Yes or no: did you do what what they say you did? I'm a neutral party. Tell the truth.

I have been honest on this forum, and it hasn't sat well with a couple of people, like Kenneth, but I have never insulted a group of people in a vile way [[except maybe republicans and tea-partiers).
    Last edited by soulster; 04-27-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I am not a friend or defender of Marv, but if people repeatedly made accusations like this in the established media without evidence, they'd be looking at a libel lawsuit

From what I see, Marv is still here because he has not called anyone names and continually personally attacked anyone.
    Marv hasnt got a Hope in H E double L of winning a lawsuit cause theres proof out there that marv2 is DetroitLIVE313. So Id say bring it on.

he has personally attack many people on this here forum but hes got some sor t of Immunity which isnt for me to question as I dont run this here forum.

R oberta

Yes or no: did you do what what they say you did? I'm a neutral party. Tell the truth.

I have been honest on this forum, and it hasn't sat well with a couple of people, like Kenneth, but I have never insulted a group of people in a vile way [[except maybe republicans and tea-partiers).
    Have you ever seen me insult any group of people on Soulful Detroit? Go read your mail......

Marv hasnt got a Hope in H E double L of winning a lawsuit cause theres proof out there that marv2 is DetroitLIVE313. So Id say bring it on.

he has personally attack many people on this here forum but hes got some sor t of Immunity which isnt for me to question as I dont run this here forum.

R oberta
    Look Jonc, aka Clucketta, you are just sore that you have been continuously banned from here for exactly what you are doing now. Ralph does not need this headache that you are preparing for him sooooooo knock it off!

Another song that was popular in the mid-70's that made me cringe was "Play That Funky Music White Boy" from 1976.
    The phrase "white boy" was never part of the title.

It had a nice groove and was easy to dance to but I had a problem with the lyrics and storyline. It came across [[TO ME) like it was relaying a story of a group of black people ,surprised that a white guy could be soulful and cheering him on.
    According to the song's writer and lead singer, Robert Parissi, the story is true. He wrote it on a napkin between sets.

To my mind, even at that age ,anyone could be soulful regardless of color or heritage if they wanted to be or whatever. So that was one song that irritated me somewhat........
    If you were Black and living in the 70s, you would know that being a White band playing soul/funk music was rare. Most people, White and Black, thought Wild Cherry [[The Average White Band and Boz Scaggs included) were Black. Remember that the band's faces were not on the album cover for that reason. People judged the music by how the band looked, and they still do. When is the last time you browsed section of a record store? Mis-slots everywhere!

The only place I know of where people had a problem with "Play That Funky Music" was in the south, where the band had to create an alternate radio version that removed the "white boy" phrase. Otherwise, no one I knew ever had a problem with it. White guys dug the song! The song went to #1 in September of that year. In fact, on their second album, they did the theme again, and this time used the word "honkey" on the lead single.
    Last edited by soulster; 04-27-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Jonc, Cluckie, we know all about you , so you might want to cut your stuff and move on. You talk about me almost as much as you talked about my "Motown Special" on here several years ago before Ralph banned you for being so obnoxious.
    Ralph should consider automatically banning anyone who pops back up with a new user name. It would be so easy to verify if the person uses a static IP address.

I am aware of at least one alias.

The phrase "white boy" was never part of the title.

According to the song's writer and the band's lead singer, Robert Parissi, the story is true. He wrote it on a napkin between sets.

If you were Black and living in the 70s, you would know that being a White band playing soul/funk music was rare. Most people, White and Black, thought Wild Cherry [[The Average White Band and Boz Scaggs included) were Black. remember that the band' faces were not on the album cover for that reason. People judged the music by how the band looked, and they still do. When is the last time you browsed section of a record store? Mis-slots everywhere!

The only place I know of where people had a problem with "Play That Funky Music" was in the south, where the band had to create an alternate radio version that removed the "white boy" phrase. Otherwise, no one I knew ever had a problem with it. The song went to #1 in September of that year. In fact, on their second album, they did the theme again, and this time used the word "honkey" on the lead single.
    Well, see I was listening to Rare Earth, the Guess Who and people like Bob Seger years before that record came out and I never thought once.....hmmmmm, these guys are white, but yet they are soulful. It was about whether i liked the sound or not. Oh yeah the title was "Play That Funky Music", what I posted was the chorus.......

Roberta
    Kenneth, who has, BTW, viciously attacked me in the recent past, provided a couple of links, but I didn't see anything that even remotely smacked of vile anti-gay comments. I actually have him on ignore, but only viewed his posts here to see what he could provide the offending stuff.

You, still have not given me anything but accusations and no hard evidence.

Kenneth, who has, BTW, viciously attacked me in the recent past, provided a couple of links, but I didn't see anything that even remotely smacked of vile anti-gay comments. I actually have him on ignore, but only viewed his posts here to see what he could provide the offending stuff.

You, still have not given me anything but accusations and no hard evidence.
    If you read my comments along with the links I had sent, you would see that my point was to show that the comments seemed to have ceased. That was my point.

I'm not interested in proving what comments were made in the past. I've read them before. I commend Marv/DetroitLives313 if they have abated. I like Marv and prefer to think we can all "evolve" and mature in such ways.
    Last edited by kenneth; 04-27-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Look Jonc, aka Clucketta, you are just sore that you have been continuously banned from here for exactly what you are doing now. Ralph does not need this headache that you are preparing for him sooooooo knock it off!
    And Ralph must be real tired of you kissing his rear end.

There's always the ignore feature. If they don't have an audience or a target, they won't have any reason to post stuff, and you won't have to read it. That goes for anybody on this forum.

Well, see I was listening to Rare Earth, the Guess Who and people like Bob Seger years before that record came out and I never thought once.....hmmmmm, these guys are white, but yet they are soulful. It was about whether i liked the sound or not. Oh yeah the title was "Play That Funky Music", what I posted was the chorus.......
    Yeah, but, those bands you mentioned sounded White, to me, anyway. I am a year or two younger than you, and even I could tell. The ones that did throw me were Joe Jeffery [[Group) singing "My Pledge of Love", and and Tony Joe White singing "Polk Salad Anne". Joe Jeffery is Black, Tony Joe White is White.
    Last edited by soulster; 04-27-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    If you read my comments along with the links I had sent, you would see that my point was to show that the comments seemed to have ceased. That was my point.

I'm not interested in proving what comments were made in the past. I've read them before. I commend Marv/DetroitLives313 if they have abated. I like Marv and prefer to think we can all "evolve" and mature in such ways.
    Can you "evolve" and mature from vile name calling and insults too?

Have you ever seen me insult any group of people on Soulful Detroit? Go read your mail......
    Im lol at this. its true that you never insult any group of people on Soulful Detroit but you do insult individual members. I think what dear Soulster was asking you was did you or have you made bigoted and hateful homophobic comments over at YouTube which youve yet to confirm or deny. You can call me clucketa or JohnC or Gladys Pipster or Mary morgan till you blue in the face but all you doing is defelectting the question.

I know who i am and so do most on this here forum and Im Roberta Fonseca.

You can put this all to to bed by answering this 1 question are you DetroitLIVe313 at YouTube and did you or have you made bigoted and hateful homophobic comments over at YouTube? Please answer truthfuly.

Roberta

Can you "evolve" and mature from vile name calling and insults too?
    I have never done this, to you or anyone else. Do me a favor and put me back on "ignore."

And Ralph must be real tired of you kissing his rear end.
    See when you say vulgar and disrespectful things like this, it just makes it hard for anyone to believe that you are this benevolent church lady you try so hard to portray yourself to be. Ralph is a great guy, a really good human being [[so am I) and does not deserve you smearing him the way that you do. If you are so unhappy here, maybe you should leave? Try staying on topic sometime rather than falling into you regular character assassination attempts on people when you disagree with something they've said.
    Last edited by marv2; 04-27-2014 at 04:51 PM.

I have never done this, to you or anyone else. Do me a favor and put me back on "ignore."
    See guys, this is unnecessary! This is the kind of thing Roberta, Jobeterob wants! They want you at each others throats. They sit behind their computers and enjoy the fights that they are ALWAYS at the root of. All you need do is to read back on this thread and you will see how we got to where we are now. Roberta lives for this kind of thing. She wants acrimony at all costs!

Im lol at this. its true that you never insult any group of people on Soulful Detroit but you do insult individual members. I think what dear Soulster was asking you was did you or have you made bigoted and hateful homophobic comments over at YouTube which youve yet to confirm or deny. You can call me clucketa or JohnC or Gladys Pipster or Mary morgan till you blue in the face but all you doing is defelectting the question.

I know who i am and so do most on this here forum and Im Roberta Fonseca.

You can put this all to to bed by answering this 1 question are you DetroitLIVe313 at YouTube and did you or have you made bigoted and hateful homophobic comments over at YouTube? Please answer truthfuly.

Roberta
    Look Jonc, Ralph was nice enough to let you rejoin here, the least you could do is not cause him any undue stress by staying on topic or ignoring threads where you cannot contribute.

honest man Guest
    i really can't be bothered ,the moderator also can;t be bothered,yawn.

See guys, this is unnecessary! This is the kind of thing Roberta, Jobeterob wants! They want you at each others throats. They sit behind their computers and enjoy the fights that they are ALWAYS at the root of. All you need do is to read back on this thread and you will see how we got to where we are now. Roberta lives for this kind of thing. She wants acrimony at all costs!
    I guess the comment about being put back on "ignore" didn't need to be said, but honestly, Marv, it seems Soulster wants the threads to be all about him. Anyway, for what it's worth, I accept your criticism. You know I seldom if ever take comments personally.

Yeah, but, those bands you mentioned sounded White, to me, anyway. I am a year or two younger than you, and even I could tell. The ones that did throw me were Joe Jeffery [[Group) singing "My Pledge of Love", and and Tony Joe White singing "Polk Salad Anne". Joe Jeffery is Black, Tony Joe White is White.

You just made me remember something. For years I thought Vicki Sue Robinson was white until I met her over in Jersey one time. LOL! She was great RIP.

Now that Polk Salad Anne did sound like a black singer [[a bit like Larry Graham to me....) The others i am not familiar with. My bands [[Rare Earth, Guess Who, Bob Seger Silver Bullet Band) were just Soulful and they did not sound contrived. David Clayton Thomas and BST put out some very soulful cuts, but I knew there were white and he was from Canada just from watching TV back in the day. Still I bought all of their music that I liked just for that reason.......I liked the music, the sound, etc.

honest man Guest
    i love AL JOLSON DRATS ,Whatever your warped perception of this.i DON'T CARE,by the way a redskin to me in the uk is an onion or potato,do i care .

I guess the comment about being put back on "ignore" didn't need to be said, but honestly, Marv, it seems Soulster wants the threads to be all about him. Anyway, for what it's worth, I accept your criticism. You know I seldom if ever take comments personally.
    Kenneth, Let's just ignore that stuff and discuss the music and interesting social topics, cool?

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    i love AL JOLSON DRATS ,Whatever your warped perception of this.i DON'T CARE,by the way a redskin to me in the uk is an onion or potato,do i care .
    Fine and I don't care that you don't care.

Kenneth, Let's just ignore that stuff and discuss the music and interesting social topics, cool?
    I'm with you.

honest man Guest
    Ralph really needs to eliminate you from SDF you are bad news ,even the way you ignore his post about uploading internets copyright,you are a law to yourself,your comments are vile .you really are trouble on SDF ,AND RALPH SHOULD BAN YOU.

I'm with you.
    Great and thanks!

smark21 Guest
    Here's a clip of Al Jolson in the 1934 movie Wonder Bar "saluting and honoring" African Americans in this production number staged by Busby Berkeley. Enjoy honestman.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Here's a clip of Al Jolson in the 1934 movie Wonder Bar "saluting and honoring" African Americans in this production number staged by Busby Berkeley. Enjoy honestman.
    Oh that was horribly disgusting!
    I could watch the first 10 seconds when the children came into view. There are people that like this kind of racist stuff? What am I talking about, this is premium entertainment to Honest Man. Geez.........

Lulu Guest
    I'm sorry but I don't see much of a difference between attacking members of this forum and attacking Motown/Detroit artists with the same level of vitriol. This forum is meant to be a place for us to share our collective interest in Detroit and Motown soul music. I'm not sure calling Diana Ross "fat" or a "dumb b*tch" or a "drunk" should be tolerated here. Ditto for any low blows to Mary Wilson or any of the other acts, most of whom have all fallen on hard times at one point in their lives and careers. I simply don't get the need for this sort of commentary or how it even relates to the forums or why the moderators even tolerate it. As a woman, I find those words highly offensive and to some degree, a bit misogynistic. Can you imagine if we drudged up all of the low points in David Ruffin or Marvin Gaye's lives? What about Florence Ballard for Christ's sake? Death seems to have canonized these figures while we still deem it acceptable to tear down Miss Ross and Miss Wilson for their own personal struggles and hardships. Regardless of how we feel about their music or the salacious details of their personal lives, I think we can all agree that the Supremes, Diana Ross and Berry Gordy really put Motown and Detroit on the map for the rest of the country and the world so how about we rise above the petty insults and just keep a lid on it if we're not interested in a particular forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't see much of a difference between attacking members of this forum and attacking Motown/Detroit artists with the same level of vitriol. This forum is meant to be a place for us to share our collective interest in Detroit and Motown soul music. I'm not sure calling Diana Ross "fat" or a "dumb b*tch" or a "drunk" should be tolerated here. Ditto for any low blows to Mary Wilson or any of the other acts, most of whom have all fallen on hard times at one point in their lives and careers. I simply don't get the need for this sort of commentary or how it even relates to the forums or why the moderators even tolerate it. As a woman, I find those words highly offensive and to some degree, a bit misogynistic. Can you imagine if we drudged up all of the low points in David Ruffin or Marvin Gaye's lives? What about Florence Ballard for Christ's sake? Death seems to have canonized these figures while we still deem it acceptable to tear down Miss Ross and Miss Wilson for their own personal struggles and hardships. Regardless of how we feel about their music or the salacious details of their personal lives, I think we can all agree that the Supremes, Diana Ross and Berry Gordy really put Motown and Detroit on the map for the rest of the country and the world so how about we rise above the petty insults and just keep a lid on it if we're not interested in a particular forum?
    Sorry but you're off topic.

Look Jonc, Ralph was nice enough to let you rejoin here, the least you could do is not cause him any undue stress by staying on topic or ignoring threads where you cannot contribute.
    Your playing the Ralph card prove you have no shame and your fake and shameless sucking up to Ralph is a real low tactic cause what your trying to do is get Ralph to zap this here thread. smh at your low down tactic. Now LISTED GOOD DetriotLIVES313. I have no issue with Ralph and Ralph and I have no problem with each other and Ralph and me get along real well.

You have yet to you answer truthfully if you are DetroitLIVe313 at YouTube and have yet to admit or deny that you made bigoted and hateful homophobic comments over at YouTube? Your silence confirm that you are so with that said you stick me on ignore and Ill stick you on ignore and hear this real good I HAVE NO intention of leaving this here forum but im prepared to ignore you but just remember one thing. I have SEEN all your hateful comments about gay and lesbian people and have seen your comments about Diane Ross and Berry Gordy killing Flo Ballard. Im being truthful here but you cant be so im moving on from YOU and pray that the good Lord can forgive all the hate and evil that you have wrote about gays and lesbians at youtube becuase we are ALL Gods children and that includes YOU but you better start making it right with the man upstairs. Have you any idea the hurt and pain your comments cause and cowardly homophobes like you are going to be the minority one day and one day you will answer for what you wrote.

Roberta
    Last edited by Roberta75; 04-27-2014 at 07:47 PM.

I'm gonna watch my deluxe DVD boxset of THE JAZZ SINGER now, thank you very much!!!

[QUOTE=Roberta75;224956]
    Now, i'm asking YOU: can you provide any actual comments made by Marv to that effect, WITH valid links?

I could give you proof, unlike you. But, I would have to bug Ralph to retrieve them from the thread he pulled. It was on the thread where I asked why you particular gay guys on this forum are so obsessed with Diana Ross and other female singers. It's pretty easy to figure out who it is because ALL you guys do is talk about her and bash Marv, and, now, me.

But, i'll keep you on ignore. This is the last post I read from you and the other obsessed Ross/Wilson/Supremes fans. It's been fun, but I am now backing out of this whole stupid, childish, third-grade crap.

The others i am not familiar with.
    Joe Jeffery Group had this Billboard top 20 hit in 1969:

Now, i'm asking YOU: can you provide any actual comments made by Marv to that effect, WITH valid links?
    His homophobic hate filled comments at YouTube have all been posted in this here forum in the past and Im real sure youve seen them. He has been asked by you and about 6 other folks here to confirm or deny that he post homophobic vile comments at YouTube but he wont answer so that just prove everyones theory that hes DetroitLIVE313.

Now like you I am now backing out of this whole stupid, childish, third-grade nonsense.

Respectfully.

roberta

His homophobic hate filled comments at YouTube have all been posted in this here forum in the past and Im real sure youve seen them. He has been asked by you and about 6 other folks here to confirm or deny that he post homophobic vile comments at YouTube but he wont answer so that just prove everyones theory that hes DetroitLIVE313.

Now like you I am now backing out of this whole stupid, childish, third-grade nonsense.

Respectfully.

roberta
    IF you truly believe that I am on Youtube posting all kinds of hate and filth, why aren't you over on Youtube telling all the members there? Why are you trying to build a case here at Soulful Detroit? What is your goal? You are exhibiting signs of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder [[OCD). You may be on the verge of some kind of breakdown similar to when you constantly interrupted the forum a few years back by always talking about MY "Motown Special". You also strike me as a very bitter person for some reason. I may be wrong because I do not know you at all, but from what you post here daily, it sure sounds like you need help!

Joe Jeffery Group had this Billboard top 20 hit in 1969:
    Oh yeah, OK now I remember this song. It has the feel of something Jose Feliciano would have recorded. Vocally, I can't really distinguish whether or not he was a black or white singer. Remember the song "Sunny" by Bobby Hebb? It was another one of those recording where it could have been anyone from any ethnic background singing it.

But, i'll keep you on ignore. This is the last post I read from you and the other obsessed Ross/Wilson/Supremes fans. It's been fun, but I am now backing out of this whole stupid, childish, third-grade crap.
    I am a fan of both Diane and Mary, and a friend of Marv's as well as Jobeterob's, Roberta's, and many others on this forum.

As for your retiring from the posting here, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLola View Post
    Sounds like he's full of shit to me.
    I can recall years ago Ralph asked that we not repeat some of the Youtube quotes commonly ascribed to Marv who has been said to be DetroitLives313 for years, without denial.

Sad when you can't even admit who you are and won't go on Facebook by your own identity.

It doesn't matter if you are fat or skinny, transgendered, straight, gay, black, white, brown or in between a bunch of those characteristics ~ but it does matter what kind of person you are. Angry bigoted bullies should not be tolerated and Marv has exhibited all those characteristics on this Forum ~ to one of the biggest stars of her day, to Roberta, to Milven, to Rick, and to a dozen other people who's names I'm not remembering.

Stand up to it. It's shameful conduct.

honest man Guest
    Oh that was horribly disgusting!
    I could watch the first 10 seconds when the children came into view. There are people that like this kind of racist stuff? What am I talking about, this is premium entertainment to Honest Man. Geez.........
    Ralph can you sort this Vile person out,He is now slandering me.Please.

honest man Guest
    Disgusting

Marv -

Remember what you told me. Honest Man is a good guy. Rewind and let's focus on the music, guy.

Your bud, Kenneth