[REMOVE ADS]

Kim Weston/"Love Me All The Way" queston

I was listening to this song today on my way to work, and I absolutely love it. Is it just me, or do I hear some male vocals in the background with the Andantes? It sounds really good whomever it is. It kinda sounds like The Darnells a little bit to my ears... I could be wrong... Help me out

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  21.1 KB
    I don't hear any male voices in the background. It sounds like just The Andantes.

I know a lot of Motown cuts from that time had The Andantes AND male voices, as well, like The Temptations, or The Love-Tones, or The Four Tops, or C.P. Spencer and Walter Gaines, or some of The Miracles [[on Smokey's productions of other artists). But, in this case, I don't hear it.

thomas96 Guest
    Just Andantes on this one.

I do not hear male voices on this recording, but I am guessing there are more female backing voices than the usual 3 Andantes. In any case it sounds like they brought their "church" voices to the studio for this recording and Kim is much more rawer sounding than usual, gritty. Great record!

Last edited by marv2; 04-28-2014 at 08:38 PM.

My favorite Kim Weston song. Love it!!!

Jackie Hicks of the Andantes had a very deep voice so that's probably the low voice you may be mistaking for a male. There was a video on youtube at one time that had just the Andantes and instrumental tracks. There was one track I've never heard before which had the Andantes singing at their lowest and I could easily see why someone would mistake a male voice in there. Another example would be the alternate background vocals for "Forever Came Today."