[REMOVE ADS]

Talking "Supremes" Autographed Photo on eBay

Last edited by ejluther; 04-19-2014 at 11:56 AM.

That's overpriced by about $.98 !

smark21 Guest
    Shantal strikes again!

Back to 4! As always, there is a Mary like one there too.

Wow, how weird that there's four of them. That would seem to defeat their purpose in trying to fool anyone into thinking there is some vestige of the original group in there. I mean, aside from us, who even knows there were ever [[briefly) four Supremes?

Can anyone identify these humans?

I think the one on the left is Shantal Baker, who in an Internet interview which was posted here once was saying to the interviewer "Yes, Berry Gordy allows anyone who was once a member of the Supremes to use the name." The dim witted interviewer obviously had no knowledge of the Supremes or the group history, because she just lapped it all up!

Is it not worth anyone's time to try and stop these women?

Do they have any remote connection to Motown and the Supremes? Surely Shantel was not one of the women that sang behind Mary Wilson for a brief moment?

I have always suspected that Universal doesn't corporately care about this because it probably sells a few CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Wow, how weird that there's four of them. That would seem to defeat their purpose in trying to fool anyone into thinking there is some vestige of the original group in there. I mean, aside from us, who even knows there were ever [[briefly) four Supremes?
    To be honest, I find it highly probable that a lot of people who merely know them for a few of their hit songs don't think about whether they were a trio or quartet.

The group in that picture called themselves "The New Supremes IV". Pearlie Salters was the leader and Shantel Baker was a member.........

Gordy obviously does not care about this..imagine people calling themselves The Beatles..how long do you think THAT would last?

I can't believe you people don't remember Shantel Baker was a Supreme! How could anyone forget she replaced Freda Payne in the group in the early 80's?

All kidding aside, I honestly don't think any of those women sang backup for any former Supreme. And I doubt they sell any CD's because no one would go to see them. There was a video of Shantel performing some Supremes songs [[which she hardly knew the lyrics) at some shady bar and the place barely had 15 people in it.

smark21 Guest
    I like the fact that Shantal left the largest autograph on that picture. What a diva!

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I can't believe you people don't remember Shantel Baker was a Supreme! How could anyone forget she replaced Freda Payne in the group in the early 80's?

All kidding aside, I honestly don't think any of those women sang backup for any former Supreme. And I doubt they sell any CD's because no one would go to see them. There was a video of Shantel performing some Supremes songs [[which she hardly knew the lyrics) at some shady bar and the place barely had 15 people in it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYZFzfWUTA

Maybe this is that 'fabulous showroom' you were referring to, Brad!

supremester Guest
    Gordy has nothing to do with The Supremes anymore. I can't believe UMG would allow these nobodies to be Supremes and not let Mary or The Flos use it.

That is just wrong................

My guess is that the photo/autographs are quite old, especially since the contact info in the corner features a "beeper" number! Still, someone could call and see what the going rate is to get "The Supremes" at your tailgate party or backyard BBQ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYZFzfWUTA

Maybe this is that 'fabulous showroom' you were referring to, Brad!
    I thought I was watching an SNL skit for a second...

Why are there four "Supremes"? Are they the Pimpin' Primettes? Is that why they have the pimp hats?

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Why are there four "Supremes"? Are they the Pimpin' Primettes? Is that why they have the pimp hats?

hehehehehehehehehehehe...........................!

smark21 Guest
    Pearlie Salters from this Supremes line up used to post on Yahoo 10-12 years ago when this line up was still working. She like to dish on the eating habits of her group mates.

http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...earlie+salters

This was a really funny thread back in the day!

Wow, it sold for $15.50.... probably the same rate Shantel charges to perform in parking lots these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Wow, it sold for $15.50.... probably the same rate Shantel charges to perform in parking lots these days!
    You're hilarious! And probably correct!