[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Wasn't Lynda Lawrence a temporary Supreme, filling in for Cindy while she was on maternity leave? Should she even be classified as a "real Supreme"?
    According to the Mary Wilson Original Supreme Yahoo Group, Lynda Laurence was never a Motown signed Supreme, yet they spends endless hours trashing Lynda, I mean discussing Lynda.

Since everyone loves to be so technical around here, didn't MILTON JENKINS start the Supremes?

Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    According to the Mary Wilson Original Supreme Yahoo Group, Lynda Laurence was never a Motown signed Supreme, yet they spends endless hours trashing Lynda, I mean discussing Lynda.
    Mary Wilson would be mortified to read what goes on in that group.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Since everyone loves to be so technical around here, didn't MILTON JENKINS start the Supremes?
    Er, the Primettes?

jonc Guest
    That is the understatement of the month marybrewster. If Mary Wilson ever read what they say about Lynda, Diana and Berry over at MWOS she's be very upset, extremely embarrassed and not at all pleased that her name is associated with a group like that.

jonc Guest
    Er, the Primettes?
    Same thing really.

she was a supreme as she was in the group for almost 2 years. what difference does it make if she was temprary or not. if she was only there for a few months ,then maybe,,....but 2 years..she is a supreme. all the ladies were talented and deserve their props

Well then don't you just worry about it.

jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    she was a supreme as she was in the group for almost 2 years. what difference does it make if she was temprary or not. if she was only there for a few months ,then maybe,,....but 2 years..she is a supreme. all the ladies were talented and deserve their props
    Amen daviddh.

Mary, I know you are reluctant to "raise" unsavoury individuals and unsavoury groups with Mary but someone should report those kinds of groups. It is possible that people like Mark Chapman can lurk or be encouraged by such groups and I am sure no Supreme wants to be associated with a group that is abusive of any other Motown act, be they Supremes or anyone else. What about Mary's management?

jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Mary, I know you are reluctant to "raise" unsavoury individuals and unsavoury groups with Mary but someone should report those kinds of groups. It is possible that people like Mark Chapman can lurk or be encouraged by such groups and I am sure no Supreme wants to be associated with a group that is abusive of any other Motown act, be they Supremes or anyone else. What about Mary's management?
    In my opinion I think it would only upset Mary Wilson jobeterob. The less she knows about that cesspit the better.

miss_lish Guest

Ooooooh!! That was just so deliciously bitchy!! LMAO!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Well then don't you just worry about it.
    I sure won't, and don't.

In my opinion I think it would only upset Mary Wilson jobeterob. The less she knows about that cesspit the better.
    While I agree Mary should be made aware that her name is attached to such viciousness, I don't think it's my place to do so. Others claim to be very good friends of Mary's, maybe they want bring this to her attention. Clearly this little group has no purpose than to *bash* others; pretty sad when the Supremes sang about LOVE so often. Mary's management was mentioned, maybe that is a good route.....

Amen daviddh.
    I second [[or third) that.

Each woman contributed something amazing to the group. Even Marlene Barrow who was a "Supreme" for a day or two added a piece to the elaborate puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    Ooooooh!! That was just so deliciously bitchy!! LMAO!!
    I do have my moments.....

You are a good person Mary.

jonc Guest
    While I agree Mary should be made aware that her name is attached to such viciousness, I don't think it's my place to do so. Others claim to be very good friends of Mary's, maybe they want bring this to her attention. Clearly this little group has no purpose than to *bash* others; pretty sad when the Supremes sang about LOVE so often. Mary's management was mentioned, maybe that is a good route.....
    It seems that Diana and Lynda get the worst of it and yet one of the moderators who "claims" to know Diana's sister Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee and Lynda's nephew or brother is the worst offender. Some of the things that are written about DianE and Lynda are despicably vile and uncouth.

How you can say you love the Supremes yet hold such disdain for their former lead singer and former group member is beyond me.

I really don't think Miss Wilson needs to read the filth that is written about her former singing partners. I bet none of them would have the balls to make those comments in Mary's presence.

jonc Guest
    You are a good person Mary.
    Yes she is. I truly learned that when i found out about all the money and awareness she has raised for AIDS and HIV.

LYNDA was sign to THE SUPREMES,With a contract,With MOTOWN,Thanks to MARY WILSON,No Lynda was not a temporary SUPREME,That was something someone made up,Because it looked bad, With JEAN and LYNDA leaving at the same time,So someone came up with the idea,With calling LYNDA a temp,Not ture.But LYNDA leaving THE SUPREMES was a bad move,That's why i love MARY WILSON,She didn't let it get her down.Remember, TO let TVONE know[[if you want it) That we SUPREME FANS,Want THE SUPREMES, From the 70s UNSUNG.
    Please stay positive

I am sure if Mary Wilson knew of the Yahoo Group she would stop it ~ it is just irrelevant and I guess an example of what is bad about the Internet. I'm sure there is much worse though; it is just idle gossip as long as it doesn't inadvertantly encourage stalkers. Its membership is probably minor. I did hear there were a bunch of Supremes Crossdressers together in a group on the Net and that might have been the group mentioned.

Lynda Laurence is a bona fide supreme, signed and recorded as a Supreme with Motown records. Read Mary Wilson's book in it she writes [[Page 61 of "Supreme Faith") " Cindy was expecting her first child in the fall and didn't plan to return after that. She had always been very open about whatever was on her mind, and many times she mentioned that she might leave. Still, it was a surprise when she finally announced she was leaving."

YEP!!! The "unsung" man of the Supremes. And Janie Bradford wrote "Supremes" on her list.

I am sure if Mary Wilson knew of the Yahoo Group she would stop it ~ it is just irrelevant and I guess an example of what is bad about the Internet. I'm sure there is much worse though; it is just idle gossip as long as it doesn't inadvertantly encourage stalkers. Its membership is probably minor. I did hear there were a bunch of Supremes Crossdressers together in a group on the Net and that might have been the group mentioned.
    Ms. Wilson don't have to address that, she knows the truth [[and that's because she wrote about Linda being a member of the group in her book so there).

I'm sure she would prefer to do without them as fans completely.
    Last edited by jobeterob; 11-25-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Missed a word!

msmotown2 Guest

Thumbs up The Supremes, From The 70s

Yes Redhot,
    That sounds good to me and I know it would be interesting.
    I will send out an e-mail to Unsung also.

Thank you,MSMOTOWN2, I'm sure,The fans[[SUPREMES 7Os fans) would love it,Also the people who love MOTOWN music, Would love it too.[[i think)Let not forget,THE SUPREMES THE FINAL SESSION,Is coming 04-2011,The MARY WILSON CINDY BIRDSONG SCHERRIE PAYNE and SUSAYE GREENE years[[smile)
    Please stay positive

I'm sure she would prefer to do without them as fans completely.
    With "fans" like that, who needs enemies?

"Unsung" about The Supremes from the 1970-1977 is a great idea!!!!

Yes she is. I truly learned that when i found out about all the money and awareness she has raised for AIDS and HIV.
    Thank you rob and jon.

I would also like to know, How did Cindy feel, Back,With THE SUPREMES,With Mary,And new SUPREME,Scherrie Payne,And how did Susaye feel,Taking Cindy place.Remember let tvone know[[if you want it)That we[[supremes fans)want,THE SUPREMES,FROM THE 70s UNSUNG.
    Please stay positive