[REMOVE ADS]

Exclamation Jan Gaye presents 'Trouble Man' documentary - BBC Radio 2 tonight [[Tues)

There's a documentary on Marvin tonight on BBC Radio 2 at 10pm, presented by Jan Gaye. Should be fascinating, if only to hear her recollections! The programme is said to 'dig deep' into his life and include contributions from family members including sister Zeola.

I had no idea. I know a similar documentary was gonna air on his birthday today. Checking to see if the program is still available. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    There's a documentary on Marvin tonight on BBC Radio 2 at 10pm, presented by Jan Gaye. Should be fascinating, if only to hear her recollections! The programme is said to 'dig deep' into his life and include contributions from family members including sister Zeola.
    Alanh, could you possibly provide a link to the BBC Radio 2 site?

Here's the link to the 'show page'. Click on the photo to start the progamme. Not sure whether it'll work outside the UK though. Hope it does.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03zdfj9

Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    Here's the link to the 'show page'. Click on the photo to start the progamme. Not sure whether it'll work outside the UK though. Hope it does.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03zdfj9
    Thank you so much Alan! It appears to be working.

It worked. Great program. Loved to hear from Zeola and Janis. I love what Janis said at the end. And I agree with her. Dude wasn't on no suicide pact, he needed the support and he just wasn't getting it. I was always of the opinion if he had returned to Belgium following the tour, he'll still be here. It would've probably taken years for him to be fully sober but it would've worked. RIP Marvin and happy birthday.

A truly wonderful, but heartbreaking documentary. Although it wasn't billed as a repeat, I it seems to be a reworked version of programme that was broadcast a few years ago also adding some more recent contributions. Marvin was obviously a complex person, but it is so sad that drugs were so prevalent in his and so many of the other lives around him. But despite all the sadness what still shines out after all the years is the music. I'm looking forward to hearing that new Mizell produced track 'Woman Of The World' in full in May. [[I'm assuming it hasn't been on any of the Deluxe boxes and I missed it previously?)

If you've not listened to the documentary yet, please do.

Thank you so much Alanh for making us aware of this touching tribute to Marvin Gaye! The Brits have been so attuned to the Tamla Motown Sound from the git go, and it would fall to them to truly honour Marvin. As the years move on, move and more people involved in this sad story are no longer with us, the most recent being the passing of Zeola Gaye.

Alanh,

Thank you for the timely and fascinating interview on Marvin. It deserves one more listening until the BBC2 link expires.

Much appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    Thank you so much Alanh for making us aware of this touching tribute to Marvin Gaye! The Brits have been so attuned to the Tamla Motown Sound from the git go, and it would fall to them to truly honour Marvin. As the years move on, move and more people involved in this sad story are no longer with us, the most recent being the passing of Zeola Gaye.
    Hmm, you mean his older sister or...? Because Zeola was at Marvin's last night to celebrate Marvin 75...

Midnightman, you are right, I got confused.

Thanks for this; I found it and am listening; a very sad start where Jan talks about their drug abuse and calls it like it was.

A very sad story of a drug addled life ~ maybe it fed his artistry or created it or something. A very tough life. It's hard to hear the stories of Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye. Is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    Midnightman, you are right, I got confused.
    Gotcha. So Jeanne Gay's passed away? Sad news. RIP

I loved her recollections of Marvin on the What's Going On documentary.

I really enjoyed listening to this programme - I can never get enough Marvin!

Such a tragic loss to the music industry as well as his family.