[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

Lynda Carter's Time At Motown

Hi gang,

Lynda Carter's first solo album Portrait was rereleased and expanded last year. I know she also released a single, "The Last Song" b/w "What's A Little Love Between Friends" on Motown in the UK.

Does anyone have any more information on her time recording for Motown?

The single was something of a collaboration between Motown Productions and CBS and came from a television special Lynda did entitled The Last Song. The single was released in Europe where Lynda was undertaking something of a promotional tour but bombed, resulting in the planned US release being pulled off the schedules. Motown also declined to take up an option on a further recording contract.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotspurman View Post
    The single was something of a collaboration between Motown Productions and CBS and came from a television special Lynda did entitled The Last Song. The single was released in Europe where Lynda was undertaking something of a promotional tour but bombed, resulting in the planned US release being pulled off the schedules. Motown also declined to take up an option on a further recording contract.
    Thanks for the information. I actually enjoy this song and prefer it to most of her work on the Fantasy label. I'm glad she's back to recording and performing - what a beautiful lady...inside and out!

"The Last Song" had all the ingredients of a classic. Written by R. Miller / K. Hirsch and produced and arranged by Kenny Rogers. For me that's exactly what it was - a great song. I do enjoy listening to this. A highlight of Motown Chartbusters 80.

UK single
    The Last Song / What's A Little Love Between Friends - Motown - UK - TMG 1207

alanbill1074 Guest
    My mum and dad took me to see her in Bradford, UK on her tour for this single. I loved Wonder Woman as a kid. She was very entertaining on stage and I remember the brochure had a full page advert for the record. The evening was spoiled a bit though when she wouldn't come to the stage door to sign autographs. The place wasn't full so it wouldn't have taken more than 30 minutes to meet and greet her waiting fans, many of whom were kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Hi gang,

Lynda Carter's first solo album Portrait was rereleased and expanded last year. I know she also released a single, "The Last Song" b/w "What's A Little Love Between Friends" on Motown in the UK.

Does anyone have any more information on her time recording for Motown?
    What's the point of indicating its recent re-release when it's this price http://www.amazon.com/Portrait-Lynda...arter+portrait For "The Last Song", however, can also be found in "Motown Chartbusters, Volume 11".http://www.amazon.com/Motown-Chartbu...hartbusters+11

Go to bn.com [[Barnes and noble) it's only $11.13

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alanbill1074 View Post
    My mum and dad took me to see her in Bradford, UK on her tour for this single. I loved Wonder Woman as a kid. She was very entertaining on stage and I remember the brochure had a full page advert for the record. The evening was spoiled a bit though when she wouldn't come to the stage door to sign autographs. The place wasn't full so it wouldn't have taken more than 30 minutes to meet and greet her waiting fans, many of whom were kids.
    I saw her at Feinstein's a few years ago and we were welcomed backstage. She took pictures with everyone and signed autographs. She and her husband couldn't have been nicer.

Regarding the overpriced re-release on Amazon, just order it from Wounded Bird for $10.98:

http://www.woundedbird.com/

Wait, was Wonder Woman really a Motown artist or did Motown distribute her album? It sounds like a Judas Priest thing.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Wait, was Wonder Woman really a Motown artist or did Motown distribute her album? It sounds like a Judas Priest thing.
    One single was released on Motown:

Lulu Guest
    One single was released on Motown:

The sleeve:

The sleeve:

Interesting...lol

Lulu Guest
    Interesting...lol
    Just noticed that they spelled her first name incorrectly. I must see if this is a legit sleeve!!!

Just noticed that they spelled her first name incorrectly. I must see if this is a legit sleeve!!!
    It's probably not. You know how some music sleeves can appear...

Lulu Guest
    It's probably not. You know how some music sleeves can appear...
    That one was from Australia. Here's another version with the correct spelling:

That one was from Australia. Here's another version with the correct spelling:

That one looks legit.

Lulu Guest
    That one looks legit.
    She's a nice performer. She even covers "Where Did Our Love Go" on her second album and I'll bring this up only as it relates to the music and the fact that she brought it up before she sang the song: the first time she appeared on the "Tonight Show" in the 70s, Diana Ross was the guest host!

She's a nice performer. She even covers "Where Did Our Love Go" on her second album and I'll bring this up only as it relates to the music and the fact that she brought it up before she sang the song: the first time she appeared on the "Tonight Show" in the 70s, Diana Ross was the guest host!
    LOL that's an interesting fun fact.

Lulu Guest
    LOL that's an interesting fun fact.
    Wonder Woman's secret identity is Diana Prince [[aka Princess Diana of Paradise Island to those Amazons). Should I go on? LOL!

Just as long as it isn't really Diane. LOL!

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Just as long as it isn't really Diane. LOL!
    There is a Wonder Woman "story and record" from the 70s that refers to her as "Diane Prince"! LOL!