[REMOVE ADS]

Diana In Concert In Philadelphia

For the first time in over a decade, Diana will be performing in Philadelphia

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...nclick_check=1

Outstanding !!!!

I bet she won't be bringing Scherrie and Lynda with her to Philly this time! hehehehehehehehe.......!

Ok, I'm sorry , but I had to do it! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I bet she won't be bringing Scherrie and Lynda with her to Philly this time! hehehehehehehehe.......!

Ok, I'm sorry , but I had to do it! LOL!!!!
    They would be very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    They would be very welcome.
    Oh sure. I mean it is Lynda's hometown [[one of my hometown's too by the way......) and I am sure Scherrie could find something to do [[maybe go see Mary Wilson's gown collection, but I think that has ended at the African American Museum). But I don't think they would feel Philly if they ever tried to come back again as a group called "Diana Ross & the Supremes" without Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong. Patti LaBelle only said what most of the Philly folk were thinking.......

Oh sure. I mean it is Lynda's hometown [[one of my hometown's too by the way......) and I am sure Scherrie could find something to do [[maybe go see Mary Wilson's gown collection, but I think that has ended at the African American Museum). But I don't think they would feel Philly if they ever tried to come back again as a group called "Diana Ross & the Supremes" without Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong. Patti LaBelle only said what most of the Philly folk were thinking.......
    What were they thinking? The show looked pretty full to me! The crowd was going wild for Diana Ross and the Supremes 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    What were they thinking? The show looked pretty full to me! The crowd was going wild for Diana Ross and the Supremes 2000.
    They were thinking that it was a farse! [[and I am only using that term to be polite because in Philly, they would use a much harsher term LOL!). Do you understand the size of the population of the Philadelphia/So. Jersey metro area? Do you know how many nights they could have sold out the Spectrum or any other large venue in the Philly area if they had the correct group members on that tour? They got 3,000 people to show up to their show in Columbus OH a city with close to 800,000 people of which nearly all of them have heard of the Supremes before. Did you see the press coverage they gave Mary and her gown exhibit last year? That should tell you how Philadelphia loved the Supremes. Getting a place to look pretty full for one night for a monumentally legendary group like the Supremes is not saying much at all.......Think about all the people that bought Supremes records that stayed away!

They were thinking that it was a farse! [[and I am only using that term to be polite because in Philly, they would use a much harsher term LOL!). Do you understand the size of the population of the Philadelphia/So. Jersey metro area? Do you know how many nights they could have sold out the Spectrum or any other large venue in the Philly area if they had the correct group members on that tour? They got 3,000 people to show up to their show in Columbus OH a city with close to 800,000 people of which nearly all of them have heard of the Supremes before. Did you see the press coverage they gave Mary and her gown exhibit last year? That should tell you how Philadelphia loved the Supremes. Getting a place to look pretty full for one night for a monumentally legendary group like the Supremes is not saying much at all.......Think about all the people that bought Supremes records that stayed away!
    I am quite surprised the show did as well as it did with all the bad publicity due to Mary Wilson crying all over the media telling everyone how bad Diana Ross was and playing the victim. The shows were still outstanding and those who saw it loved every moment.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 03-18-2014 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I am quite surprised the show did as well as it did with Mary Wilson crying all over the media telling everyone how bad Diana Ross was and playing the victim.
    You can say what you want, but Mary Wilson is not and never was a victim! Victims don't win............. Victims get cancelled!

You can say what you want, but Mary Wilson is not and never was a victim! Victims don't win............. Victims get cancelled!
    It is amazing how kindly all the Supremes talk of Motown, Berry and Diana but some old miserable wimp of a rag named Marv just cant take it when Susaye say they were promoted right to the end.

supremester Guest
    Like Sophisticated Ladies? Like shows in Chicago? Like Lena Horne in Vegas? Like those cancellations????

Last edited by supremester; 03-18-2014 at 02:35 AM.

supremester Guest
    Marv knows better, we should listen. Do you hear Miss Ross, Paul McCartney, Beyonce or Madonna blame lack of promotion when a song doesn't hit? NO. Did Justin Beiber claim lack of promotion when his movie tanked? NO.
    Did Mary Wilson blame EVERY failure mentoned in her book on lack of promotion? YES.

It is amazing how kindly all the Supremes talk of Motown, Berry and Diana but some old miserable wimp of a rag named Marv just cant take it when Susaye say they were promoted right to the end.

"old miserable wimp of a rag named Marv " Jobeterob, I want you to remember you said this.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Like Sophisticated Ladies? Like shows in Chicago? Like Lena Horne in Vegas? Like those cancellations????
    No! Like the kind that get you sent to rehab several times in one year..........

supremester Guest
    How many nights did Madonna sell it out? Or Michael Jackson?
    I saw Mary at Feinsteins in NYC. A City of 10 million Supremes loving people and only 18 in the audience [[inc 3 comps LOL). Look at how many stayed away!!!!!
    Diana Scherrie & Lynda OVERSOLD MSG and add'l seating was arranged as well as nearly 1000 no view seats sold.

I saw Mary at Hotel Nikko in SF - a city of 3 million. Nearly 100 the first night, 38, the second - look at how many stayed away!

I saw Mary at The Riviera in Vegas, a city of nearly a million. There was about 60 people there. Look at how many stayed away!

By your method of gauging success, Diana, Lynda & Scherrie together are 973 times more popular than Mary Wilson as a solo! Thank you for the info! xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    How many nights did Madonna sell it out? Or Michael Jackson?
    I saw Mary at Feinsteins in NYC. A City of 10 million Supremes loving people and only 18 in the audience [[inc 3 comps LOL). Look at how many stayed away!!!!!
    Diana Scherrie & Lynda OVERSOLD MSG and add'l seating was arranged as well as nearly 1000 no view seats sold.

I saw Mary at Hotel Nikko in SF - a city of 3 million. Nearly 100 the first night, 38, the second - look at how many stayed away!

I saw Mary at The Riviera in Vegas, a city of nearly a million. There was about 60 people there. Look at how many stayed away!

By your method of gauging success, Diana, Lynda & Scherrie together are 973 times more popular than Mary Wilson as a solo! Thank you for the info! xoxo
    I prefer to use use the method or logic that they use in most U.S. Courtrooms when it comes to anything you say now or in the future and that is once a witness has lied on the stand, the jury is instructed to view anything further that witness says as a lie......... So you can keep yakking at me all day and night long. I have already formed my opinion of the things you say here. Goodnight!

supremester Guest
    Practice makes perfect! I'm proud of Miss Ross for doing, like she does everything else, it over until it's perfect. The best performances of her already iconic, history making career are post rehab. Practice makes perfect!
    I'm also happy that Mary got her coke habit under control. That business of singing Diana Ross &The Supremes hits to pushers in the Bowery after shows on 10th avenue to get bigger snorts for her $70 could become dangerous.

No! Like the kind that get you sent to rehab several times in one year..........

supremester Guest
    I prefer to use use the method or logic that they use in most U.S. Courtrooms when it comes to anything you say now or in the future and that is once a witness has lied on the stand, the jury is instructed to view anything further that witness says as a lie......... So you can keep yakking at me all day and night long. I have already formed my opinion of the things you say here. Goodnight!
    Girl........even that is a lie! Jurors are never instructed how to receive admissible testimony. LOL. You will just say anything - just like your "2 million, and then, maybe 3" idol. LOLOLOL

I love you, and would like to buy you a drink the next time I'm in LonG Island. I'll be in Manhasset, Roslyn and NYC April 1-7. Let's meet up for a cocktail.

DIana is FOREVER !!!!
    Philly will LOVE her !!!!

Another thread ruin by the bitc*y antics of marv2 who act like a 14 year old nasty petty little girl.

Pitiful just real real pitiful.

Roberta

If the members here use your method of logic, then they will prefer not to believe anything you say. Many members here remember how you had inside info on the forthcoming Motown 50 Special that never materialized. Most people here remember how you heard Love Hangover by the 5th Dimension on the radio before it was even recorded. And most people here remember other statements that you made but then never backed up when called out on it.

Even Mary Wilson doesn't blame promotion for the failure of the 70's Supremes. They had just run their course by 1973 and went through death throes thereafter.

It's only Marv that blames the lack of promotion on their demise.

If anyone knows a way to upload pictures off their computer onto this website again, I can upload the Billboard ad for Up the Ladder to the Roof ~ they looked very good.

supremester Guest
    I've just made travel arrangements to go from Albany NY to Philly on June 25 in Marv's honor. I'll send him a selfie in my new tour tee!

RossHolloway Guest
    Can't we just celebrate the fact that Diana Ross is still performing at age 70 and is going back to Philly for the first time in a very long time?

supremester Guest
    What is this venue like? Is it right downtown Philly? I'm psyched - I've only driven thru it but never stopped. This gives us something to do between Albany and The Sands. Are you going?

supremester Guest
    .........and Mary.

Even Mary Wilson doesn't blame promotion for the failure of the 70's Supremes. They had just run their course by 1973 and went through death throes thereafter.

It's only Marv that blames the lack of promotion on their demise.

If anyone knows a way to upload pictures off their computer onto this website again, I can upload the Billboard ad for Up the Ladder to the Roof ~ they looked very good.

I just moved out of Philly a few weeks ago. I think I'm gonna have to return though for this show!