[REMOVE ADS]

Joe Tex Question

Elvis Costello does a song on the bonus CD of the Rhino reissue of "Blood and Chocolate" called "Tell Me Right Now", which is credited to Joe Tex as the writer. I have never heard of this particular song before...I'm assuming that Joe did a version of it, so my question is...which of his albums has his version of the song?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Mark

Mark, it's on the LP "Hold What You've Got" : http://www.allmusic.com/album/hold-o...t-mw0000856694

PERFECT! Thank you, Phil!!!

Best,

Mark

Joe Tex... My mother loved that guy !!

Your mother? I loved that guy! He was known as the preacher [[and he later became an ordained minister, too!)

But, i'm still pissed that his "I Gotcha" album still isn't represented on CD. It was available very briefly on CD, but I have never seen it, nor do I ever see it offered online. I have to make do with my needledrop.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Your mother? I loved that guy! He was known as the preacher [[and he later became an ordained minister, too!)

But, i'm still pissed that his "I Gotcha" album still isn't represented on CD. It was available very briefly on CD, but I have never seen it, nor do I ever see it offered online. I have to make do with my needledrop.
    Well... I was a young lad when he was popular, but I remember she used to wear out "Skinny Legs and All" on the family record player. That's my memory of him.