[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

Huffington Post: 22 Lost Classics of Motown

Very nice to see--and hear--this. Thanks Lulu!

RossHolloway Guest
    Lulu you're a treasure! The author obvioulsy knows her MOTOWN and even gave a shoutout to Soulful Detroit and Motown Junkies! I did offer one correction about Brenda Holloway, Brenda could not have been singing the Mary Wells song My Guy [[eventhough Brenda herself has stated as such): My Guy was released on March 2, 1964 [[Sunday marks the song 50th Anniversary!!!) and Brenda's first Motown release Every Little Bit Hurts, was released 13 days later on March 15, 1964!

I thought Brenda sang "Bye Bye Baby".

A really unusual list with lots of surprises...certainly not the expected Top 10s. Great article and sound clips!

Did one of us write it?? LOL

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Did one of us write it?? LOL
    I know right.. it was obvioulsy written by someone who knows their Motown beyond a greatest hits collection. Most of those songs were all deep cuts. While my list would have been different, I'm impressed with the author's depth of knowledge of Motown songs.

I am so glad to see an article like this outside of the forum. Hope it garners the attention of others so they will dig deeper as well and find sites like Hippo and others. Either I am wrong or this author is correct but I dont think Loves Gone Bad charted as high as 41 on Billboard did it?

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I am so glad to see an article like this outside of the forum. Hope it garners the attention of others so they will dig deeper as well and find sites like Hippo and others. Either I am wrong or this author is correct but I dont think Loves Gone Bad charted as high as 41 on Billboard did it?
    I think you are right; but perhaps she or he was quoting the R & B Chart; I bet they do post here!

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    I know right.. it was obvioulsy written by someone who knows their Motown beyond a greatest hits collection. Most of those songs were all deep cuts. While my list would have been different, I'm impressed with the author's depth of knowledge of Motown songs.
    I was impressed.....until I read the following:

' The moodiness of "Remember When" recalls another famous Motown hit, the Four Tops' "Bernadette."'

The original text read "Temptations' Bernadette" not Four Tops. When you read it in the context of the paragraph, you'll see why the edited sentence seems awkward.

After I read that......I got out the salt shaker.