[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

The Supremes I Want a Guy

I will try and find the solo version of this song that is on Meet The Supremes, Expanded Edition.

It is worth buying the Expanded Edition just for this new version.

What it told me is that the original single had too much high pitched clutter in the background and when you got rid of all that, the song is no longer shrill and high pitched. What it showed was the Diana Ross that would develop in years to come.

Thanks to Smark and all the guys that have given us these songs and taken us away from the "look what that so and so did to the other Stylistics and the other Supremes"........Hallelujah!

I prefer the Marvelettes' version.

I havent bought The Meet expanded yet..Im not too keen on the-then released early Supremes tracks but Ive heard the solo version is cool,So I will pick up a copy for that..
    Never liked this song,what amazes me is that things like "You Can Depend On Me" where left in the vault in favour of releases like this - Maybe Berry thought so early unreleased Supremes doo-wop feel songs had missed the the doo-wop boat but they are waaay better than most of the tracks on that 1st LP.."I want a guy" is a disapointing track IMHO..

I looked for the solo I Want A Guy on line and cannot find it, sadly.

I know there is some resistance to early Supremes; I don't think this CD is getting the sales of Surrender or Where Did Our Love Go or Everything is Everything. Too bad.