[REMOVE ADS]

Percy Sledge Ill

REPORT: Singer Percy Sledge Suffering from Liver Cancer

Unfortunately, we have sad news about singer Percy Sledge.
    According to a report, Sledge has pulled out of a U.K. tour after he was reportedly diagnosed with liver cancer.
    73-year-old Sledge, whose classic 1966 hit “When a Man Loves a Woman,” was due to perform as part of producer David Gest’s Legends of Soul tour, but was hospitalized before a concert in Stockport, England.
    According to Britain’s The Sun newspaper, Gest told the audience:
    “Percy won’t be with us tonight, I’m afraid. He’s in hospital with liver cancer. I know we are all going to pray for him.”

http://blackamericaweb.com/2014/02/1...-liver-cancer/

So sorry to hear this.
    We were with him in England on tour.
    A David Gest tour. We will keep him in our prayers.
    Ceasar
    The
    Original
    Tymes

Hang on in there, Percy Sledge, the survivor, one of the last of the great soul men - Sam Cooke, Ray Charles, Solomon Burke, Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, Jackie Wilson, James Brown, Joe Tex, Marvin Gaye, Edwin Starr...

Please keep us updated on his condition. My brother knew Percy Sledge in the 60s and my parents also met him and went to a performance at a local club back around 1967 or 68.

Prayers coming his way...he's an amazing talent. We don't need to lose any more!

Best,

Mark