[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I DID embarrass myself and waitresses gave up trying to move me from the middle of the aisle as I stared at him eating his Denny's Deluxe and just walked around me. Finally, I got the nerve to go over to him and his blue eyes and hairy chest and he was SO nice [[not so his manager.)

With Gale?? Both shows. You should hear my extended version of the "My Little Margie" Theme song....such a great piece..that song! All the pizzicato ..................

OK Gale Storm: My Little Margie or Oh, Suzannah! ???
    With Gale?? Both shows. You should hear my extended version of the "My Little Margie" Theme song....such a great piece..that song! All the pizzicato ..................

Laura's version is missing the reed & brass overdubs of the San Remo Golden Strings recording.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    It's a pity you couldn't have sneaked in Laura Lee's "To Win Your Heart" after you played "Festival Time".

I don't know that one....same song??

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    I don't know that one....same song??
    On RicTic. Same backing track. See Carole's post #52.

Laura version , Ric-Tic RT 111 [[1966) & as a British Tamla-Motown re-issue [[1971)

At 82, Jaye P. Morgan is still with us. This is the flyer from the show I saw, when a bunch of us guys went up to Palm Springs for the Memorial Day weekend. I wish it said the year because I don't recall now. I was in my early/mid 20's. It had to be some time between 1973 and 1977, so I'll say 1975 [[my mind has gotten rather mushy too). I believe she was on the Gong Show at the time. When she exited the stage after the show I asked her to autograph the album I had brought with me. I guess because the album was from 1958, when she looked at it she said, with smile "Are you being mean?". I almost screamed out "No Miss Morgan, No!" And she laughed out loud and invited me to her dressing room. We sat for just a few minutes as she signed the album. She was very nice.

Attachment 7950

On RicTic. Same backing track. See Carole's post #52.
    Gotcha.....thanks, you two!!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    at 82, jaye p. Morgan is still with us. This is the flyer from the show i saw, when a bunch of us guys went up to palm springs for the memorial day weekend. I wish it said the year because i don't recall now. I was in my early/mid 20's. It had to be some time between 1973 and 1977, so i'll say 1975 [[my mind has gotten rather mushy too). I believe she was on the gong show at the time. When she exited the stage after the show i asked her to autograph the album i had brought with me. I guess because the album was from 1958, when she looked at it she said, with smile "are you being mean?". I almost screamed out "no miss morgan, no!" and she laughed out loud and invited me to her dressing room. We sat for just a few minutes as she signed the album. She was very nice.

Attachment 7950

get out!!!!!! Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Never noticed the similarity between "7 Rooms.." and the Dells' "There Is" before.

Hey, some of us were gypped. My copy of TCMS 1967 doesn't feature the Mandante as much as Bobby Gardner's does!!!

Never noticed the similarity between "7 Rooms.." and the Dells' "There Is" before.
    I never thought about it, but yeah. Oddly enough both songs are particular favorites of mine.

Wow, I've never heard any of Paul Peterson's Motown material. Actually, this isn't bad. I probably would have bought if I had known about it at the time.

You're right...never noticed!!

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Hey, some of us were gypped. My copy of TCMS 1967 doesn't feature the Mandante as much as Bobby Gardner's does!!!

Be glad......

Jimmy Webb offered "By the Time I Get To Phoenix" to Paul Petersen, but Motown turned it down

Paul first, then Marvin

Jimmy Webb offered "By the Time I Get To Phoenix" to Paul Petersen, but Motown turned it down
    Yikes! That might have totally changed Paul Peterson's fortunes. I hadn't heard that before. He has a good voice for that type of song.

J. Fred Coots is one of the writers of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"

Phew.........................

Paul first, then Marvin
    Wow......never would have thought. But I guess Paul was in LA as was Frank.....

A song written with with Sam Lewis help as lyricist and recorded by some Motown artists:
    "Rock-a-Bye Your Baby With a Dixie Melody".

Tata Vega's albums weren't shelved. All 4 were released on Tamla!

Tata Vega's albums weren't shelved. All 4 were released on Tamla!

I swear she said in the film that the last 2 were shelved at the time....

Jimmy Webb is quoted as saying that when he left Motown L.A. to work at Soul City for Marc Gordon, he asked to take "By the Time i Get To phoenix " and a few other songs he had written at Motown with him. he received permission. Among the treasures -"Up Up and Away", "Worst That Could Happen"

Tata's albums released on Tamla 8/76; 2/77; 1/79; 9/80

Tata's albums released on Tamla 8/76; 2/77; 1/79; 9/80
    Hmmmmmmm...thanks!

Tata may well have said that; many of us don't remember everything from the past correctly. We've seen that with many Motown and non-Motown artists.

RossHolloway Guest
    Everybody Needs Love is my favorite song by GK&TPs.

Berry Gordy chose "Your Unchanging Love " for release over "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" at a 1967 quality control meeting.

supremester Guest
    That's cuz it's so derivative of so many hits. Can you imagine if Marvin's came out first?????

Eddie.xoxoxoxo!!!!!!!!!

Let me take a moment to thank you all for a great show!!! Do come back for Andy and Ta Ta Vega next week!!!! Til then....Happy Trails to you until.......

RossHolloway Guest
    I still think Reflections is about Diana and Florence.

supremester Guest
    GREAT FINISH! Mono, baby! Thanks for a great show, MJ........xo to OUR Joseph,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    I still think Reflections is about Diana and Florence.
    Springboarding from that thought.. it is chilling to hear Flo so prominent in the refrain of "Going Down.." SAVE ME I'm going down for the THIRD Time [[three strikes & you're out?)
    and mixed so so so very low [[almost inaudible) for "Reflections"

What a bang up finish! Thanks John Thanks everybody See y'all next time. . .for Tata and Andy!!

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    GREAT FINISH! Mono, baby! Thanks for a great show, MJ........xo to OUR Joseph,,,,
    Thank You Gregg

Springboarding from that thought.. it is chilling to hear Flo so prominent in the refrain of "Going Down.." SAVE ME I'm going down for the THIRD Time [[three strikes & you're out?)
    and mixed so so so very low [[almost inaudible) for "Reflections"
    And the revelation of Flo objecting to Berry's desire to add the Andantes to the background of "The Happening" HMMH.......