[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Live December 29 2013

Thanks a lot for posting this, Jobeterob. It's always enjoyable to catch Ross doing something just a little different than I've seen and heard her before. She always seems very free and happy on stage but I think she's got it down to a science. For the busy touring schedules she goes out on, she would have to know exactly how to pace herself in order to do it. She, herself, is such a thrill to see live. Thanks again for posting.

Di looking and sounding great but I wish that she would ditch 'I Will Survive'. It's not hers and never will be! Oh and orange is simply not her colour! However the rest of the show was excellent. Old age becomes her

What becomes a legend most?

Age?!

No idea, but she looks happier, more relaxed and natural than I've ever seen before. Sometimes I felt that her performances were 'forced', if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Di looking and sounding great but I wish that she would ditch 'I Will Survive'. It's not hers and never will be! Oh and orange is simply not her colour! However the rest of the show was excellent. Old age becomes her
    I agree. She has been singing "I Will Survive" for 19 [[!) years now. When she covered the song for Take Me Higher, it was 17 years old. I do remember my pleasant surprise when she did the song live at the Wolf Trap in 1995 -- a big surprise as Take Me Higher had not been released yet. Then it was exciting and fun; now it is getting a bit old IMHO. Her recent sharing the stage with Gloria Gaynor singing the song was fun though.

It's probably too popular with the crowd to take it out.

But I'd love to see her put in Love Is Like An Itching in My Heart, You Keep Me Hangin On, Someday We'll Be Together ~ heck I'd even take back Reach Out and Touch and Endless Love for a change.

Love Is Like An Itching in My Heart, Reflections & Forever Came Today Supreme wise. Remember Me, Touch Me In The Morning & Surrender solo wise would be most excellent.

I also wish she's ditch Don't Explain and put in Strange Fruit or Lover Man or God Bless the Child or Good Morning Heartache.

I'd love for her to put MY MAN back into the show. She hasn't done that one in a while.

I'd love to see " Love is like and itching in my heart" added to the show! She's been including "Reach Out and Touch" as an encore since 2011 on and off. I'd LOVE to hear "Surrender" added to the show. I think It would be great in the first segment before going into the Supremes material. She's been doing "Don't Explain" since about 2004 and although I wish she add some other "Lady" material I never get sick of the way she does "Don't Explain." I've been lucky to see her a lot over the last few years, and believe me when I see it only gets better each time. She really gets in the song and acts it, it's so clear you're in the presence of legend when she does that song! I think Strange Fruit is much too dark for the tone of the show, It's hard to move from "Strange Fruit" into "Why Do Fools." She was doing "Good Morning Heartache" every once in awhile on the 2010 tour, I love that one. She only seems to do "My Man" when Berry is in the audience because it's his favorite. She kills it though, would be great to hear more of it. I think she doesn't like the line "...he beats me too"

smark21 Guest
    Of course she could dump Why Do Fools. It's a horrible song to go into after any of her Lady sings the Blues songs. It's my least favorite moment of the show as it's such a jarring transition and the arrangement of the song has aged really badly.