[REMOVE ADS]

Dionne Warwick, Mary Wilson, Lulu Join Lineup of Beatles Tribute Show!

Dionne Warwick, Mary Wilson, Lulu Join Lineup of Beatles Tribute Show to Be Held at NYC's Apollo Theater:

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/...pollo-theater/

Three major pop stars of the 1960s have been added to the lineup of the Beatles tribute concert scheduled for February 6 at New York City’s famed Apollo Theater. Dionne Warwick, original Supremes member Mary Wilson and Lulu will perform at the Twist & Shout Benefit Concert, one of a series of events being held in conjunction with the NYC Fab 50: America Celebrates The Beatles festival commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Fab Four’s historic first trip to the U.S.

Other artists who have joined the Twist & Shout show’s bill include Barbara Harris of The Toys, Margaret Ross Williams of The Cookies and acclaimed R&B singer Bettye LaVette. The lineup also features previously announced performers Lloyd Price, Gary U.S. Bonds, actor/director/composer Melvin Van Peebles and Tony Award-winning actress/singer Dee Dee Bridgewater, among others.

Tickets for the concert are on sale now through Ticketmaster, and cost from $20 to $150. The NYC Fab 50 fest will run from February 6 through February 9 and will include several multi-act tribute events at various venues around the Big Apple. All proceeds raised by the shows will benefit the Food Bank for New York City. For more information, visit NYCFab50.com.

What a line up! Mary in good company!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    What a line up! Mary in good company!
    Mary is going to be superb......... in this!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mary is going to be superb......... in this!
    You are going? Cant wait for your review.

Best regards.

Roberta

This sounds like a DREAM concert!! Mary and Lulu in the same concert? Get me the smelling salts! And damn... I really like Lloyd Price.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    This sounds like a DREAM concert!! Mary and Lulu in the same concert? Get me the smelling salts! And damn... I really like Lloyd Price.
    I have a strong feeling that this going to be something really special. Yeah Mary and Lulu on the same show, they cannot miss!

I have a strong feeling that this going to be something really special. Yeah Mary and Lulu on the same show, they cannot miss!
    I love Dionne, too... but her voice has pretty much gone up in smoke, literally. Mary is still in excellent condition, and Lulu's pipes are untouched by time. Last I heard Lloyd Price, he still sounded amazing, too.

I love Dionne, too... but her voice has pretty much gone up in smoke, literally. Mary is still in excellent condition, and Lulu's pipes are untouched by time. Last I heard Lloyd Price, he still sounded amazing, too.

Amazing! I just watched this clip about an hour ago! Now here it is again. Lulu has always been a very soulful singer. Like Mary, she is able to really put across feeling in her singing. Dionne, I am sure will sound fine depending on what she chooses to sing. If each of the performers are to sing from the Beatles catalog, I'd like to hear Lulu sing "Yesterday", Mary Wilson sing "Let It Be" or "We Can Work it Out" and Dionne Warwick do "The Long and Winding Road" or "Strawberry Fields". Just my personal choices.

. Last I heard Lloyd Price, he still sounded amazing, too.
    He does. I got a new CD by him about a year ago with all standards on it. He did a good job on them. I was amazed that he was still singing. One of the first records that I bought as a kid was PERSONALITY. A favorite of mine on the CD was Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow.
    The show at the Apollo sounds interesting. I posted a review of his CD here

http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...e-Has-A-New-CD

And you can hear snippits of it here. Sounds good for an eighty year old man.

http://www.amazon.com/Im-Feelin-Good...m+feeling+good

smark21 Guest
    8 Days a Week would be a good one for Mary as well as I always liked how she sounded on her part for the Supremes performance on one of those 60s teen music TV shows.

DAMMMMMMMMMM Mary Wilson is everywhere lol,i love it

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    DAMMMMMMMMMM Mary Wilson is everywhere lol,i love it
    She's also scheduled for the Jamaica Jazz & Blues Music Festival.

She's also scheduled for the Jamaica Jazz & Blues Music Festival.
    Did you get good seats for the Apollo gig? I'd like to go, but a family member is scheduled for a major operation that day. Looks like I'll be missing a good show.

There seems to have been a huge tribute last night in NYC - with current artists, John Legend etc. and Stevie Wonder. It's in the morning newspaper. I will look for it online later.

I guess it wasn't this show.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Did you get good seats for the Apollo gig?
    lol I bet he isnt going milven.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    lol I bet he isnt going milven.

Roberta

Once again, a perfectly nice thread until you decide to show your ass. Are you having your period or something?

Once again, a perfectly nice thread until you decide to show your ass. Are you having your period or something?
    Well sir it does apear that he never attend Marys concerts unless they are free.

A person cant have a normal conversation around here without you being real crass and crude.

Have a blessed weekend.

Roberta