[REMOVE ADS]

MARY WILSON Interviewed by N'DIGO Now! - New Half Hour Interview!

Hermene Hartman, Publisher of N'DIGO magapaper lauches her new TV magazine with a live interview with Singer Mary Wilson,an original member of The Supremes.

Watch for more new episodes of NDIGO Now! on Comcast RCN and WOW on Cable channel 25. N'DIGO Now! is an original Urban Broadcast Media Production.

Mary suddenly having difficulty remembering Brenda Holloway's last name?! What was that all about? A weird interview moment if ever there was one. And I ain't buyin' it. No. No. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Mary suddenly having difficulty remembering Brenda Holloway's last name?! What was that all about? A weird interview moment if ever there was one. And I ain't buyin' it. No. No. No.
    I noticed that too, but it happens to the best of us that we forget something in the moment.
    To me, the oddest moment was when she said that the death of her son was the worst thing that ever happened to her and then corrected herself and said losing him was the second worst thing and that losing Flo was the worst thing that ever happened to her. I was shocked when I heard that. I've always heard that there is no greater pain than losing a child. It's like she threw her son under the bus to make points with Supremes' fans.

It was a long interview, but nothing new was learned. But after all these years and all the interviews and books, I doubt that there is anything that a Supreme fan does not know. The non-chalant fan may have learned something.

There is something that I wish she would eliminate in these interviews. Everytime she tells the story of the beginning of the Supremes, she says that Flo had a fabulous, almost operaetic voice. Instead of just leaving it there, she then goes into a version of Ave Maria to demonstrate Flo's voice. It's as if she is saying to the interviewer, "I have a fabulous voice too!". Sadly, in this interview, her voice cracked a little while trying to imitate Flo and she was a bit embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I noticed that too, but it happens to the best of us that we forget something in the moment.
    To me, the oddest moment was when she said that the death of her son was the worst thing that ever happened to her and then corrected herself and said losing him was the second worst thing and that losing Flo was the worst thing that ever happened to her. I was shocked when I heard that. I've always heard that there is no greater pain than losing a child. It's like she threw her son under the bus to make points with Supremes' fans.

It was a long interview, but nothing new was learned. But after all these years and all the interviews and books, I doubt that there is anything that a Supreme fan does not know. The non-chalant fan may have learned something.

There is something that I wish she would eliminate in these interviews. Everytime she tells the story of the beginning of the Supremes, she says that Flo had a fabulous, almost operaetic voice. Instead of just leaving it there, she then goes into a version of Ave Maria to demonstrate Flo's voice. It's as if she is saying to the interviewer, "I have a fabulous voice too!". Sadly, in this interview, her voice cracked a little while trying to imitate Flo and she was a bit embarrassed.
    First of all, that is not what she meant! She meant in chronological order in her life the hardest or the worst things that happened was when Florence died [[in 1976), then when Rafael died [[in 1994). Had she'd continued she would have mentioned her mom, Miss Johnnie Mae who passed in 1997. None of that had anything to do with Supremes fans happiness. I remember how she reacted to each of these tragedies as they occurred. Many of these types of interviews are scheduled in the morning which makes it difficult if you work nights.
    Last edited by marv2; 01-11-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Is that really that strange? She was remembering a moment from 50 years ago [[Dick Clark Caravan of Stars.....). I probably wouldn't remember Brenda Holloway immediately either if I were not on this forum. I loved her music but it was 50 years ago when I first heard her.

What was strange about it, Marv, was that Mary actually did recall Brenda's last name--it's that she seemed unsure and unclear about what it was. She didn't seem to know if she had gotten it right. Since Brenda was at Motown, was a popular recording artist, and was what sealed the deal to include The Supremes on that Dick Clark tour, I would have expected Mary to be well aware of Brenda's name. Certainly anyone at any time can have a lapse in memory for any number of reasons, and it's very likely that's all this was. But I thought Mary's unsureness about it seemed somewhat dismissive about Brenda as a known recording artist. Perhaps that's not what Mary meant or intended. But if so, it would have made things clearer if Mary had said that she couldn't believe she was having trouble remembering Brenda's last name. That would have smoothed it out. But I know doing interviews can be stressful and tiring, and that it's often just not possible to say or do everything that you'd hope you would.

Mary Wilson is darned near 70 so Im sure her mind isnt as sharp as it used to be heck Im 20 year younger than Miss Wilson and I forget things. I think we need to cut our legends some slack given they advanced age. I got real emotional when Mary say that she loves Diane and flo and think about Diane and Flo everyday

.Roberta

What was strange about it, Marv, was that Mary actually did recall Brenda's last name--it's that she seemed unsure and unclear about what it was. She didn't seem to know if she had gotten it right. Since Brenda was at Motown, was a popular recording artist, and was what sealed the deal to include The Supremes on that Dick Clark tour, I would have expected Mary to be well aware of Brenda's name. Certainly anyone at any time can have a lapse in memory for any number of reasons, and it's very likely that's all this was. But I thought Mary's unsureness about it seemed somewhat dismissive about Brenda as a known recording artist. Perhaps that's not what Mary meant or intended. But if so, it would have made things clearer if Mary had said that she couldn't believe she was having trouble remembering Brenda's last name. That would have smoothed it out. But I know doing interviews can be stressful and tiring, and that it's often just not possible to say or do everything that you'd hope you would.
    She knows who Brenda is. Shit she and Brenda are friends. Let's not make a big deal about it. Mary does dozens of interviews a year. I don't do any and have to sometimes think hard to remember names of people I know from all across this country through the years.

smark21 Guest
    Something else to consider: Her mother had Alzheimer's disease. That's a disease which can run in families so Mary may have a genetic predisposition. Between botching lyrics in some of those Holiday spectacular clips I've seen on youtube and this business with recalling Brenda's last name, perhaps this is an indication of something sadder and more troubling? I guess time will tell if this is just another case of forgetfulness or a symptom of an oncoming medical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    First of all, that is not what she meant! She meant in chronological order in her life the hardest or the worst things that happened was when Florence died [[in 1976), then when Rafael died [[in 1994). ..
    I just watched it again, and I think that you are right about what she meant. She was trying to say in chronological order. But grammatically, it came out wrong. You can only have one worst thing [[worse, worser, worst) . She said that losing her son was the second worst thing that happened to her. So, it made it sound like losing Flo was worse for her than losing her son.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I just watched it again, and I think that you are right about what she meant. She was trying to say in chronological order. But grammatically, it came out wrong. You can only have one worst thing [[worse, worser, worst) . She said that losing her son was the second worst thing that happened to her. So, it made it sound like losing Flo was worse for her than losing her son.
    No, she was in shock when Florence passed as I recalled. She was basically dead inside when her son passed. These are things I recalled. They both were terrible tragedies for Mary and many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Something else to consider: Her mother had Alzheimer's disease. That's a disease which can run in families so Mary may have a genetic predisposition. Between botching lyrics in some of those Holiday spectacular clips I've seen on youtube and this business with recalling Brenda's last name, perhaps this is an indication of something sadder and more troubling? I guess time will tell if this is just another case of forgetfulness or a symptom of an oncoming medical condition.
    Well I sure hope this isnt the case and I will be praying that it isnt and I will ask my church to pray for Mary Wilson tonight and tomorrow.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    I don't think Mary was putting Flo over Rafi - but even if she did, so what? Love is an unusual emotion with many nuances. Personally, I don't think Mary's love for Flo was very strong and I don't believe she loves Miss Ross. She sold both of them down the river when she could gain from it, but that can be love to Mary, but maybe not for me. In her Lena show in Detroit last year, she made a comment about how Lena was stabbed in the back by someone she trusted and added this aside, "Of course y'all know I'm an expert at how THAT feels...." Like Flo said, "Love Ain't Love."

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I don't think Mary was putting Flo over Rafi - but even if she did, so what? Love is an unusual emotion with many nuances. Personally, I don't think Mary's love for Flo was very strong and I don't believe she loves Miss Ross. She sold both of them down the river when she could gain from it, but that can be love to Mary, but maybe not for me. In her Lena show in Detroit last year, she made a comment about how Lena was stabbed in the back by someone she trusted and added this aside, "Of course y'all know I'm an expert at how THAT feels...." Like Flo said, "Love Ain't Love."
    There was nothing controversial about that interview and you know nothing about these women's personal relationships.

supremester Guest
    Re-read it, Marvi-poo, I didn't say it was controversial nor did I claim to know any more about these women's personal relationships than you do.

There was nothing controversial about that interview and you know nothing about these women's personal relationships.
    Neither do you but you talk like you got all this inside knowledge about Mary and Diane which you dont.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Neither do you but you talk like you got all this inside knowledge about Mary and Diane which you dont.

Roberta
    I know more than you'll ever know because you are an .............

I know more than you'll ever know because you are an .............

Whatever I am im way classier and decent than youll ever be and my manners are much better than yours. Its a New year so cant you just quit bullying people and stop all the personal attacks. Its much nicer to show respect to people and use basic civillity when correspponding with other members? Its real obvious you have anger issues but please do us all a real big favor and stop the negative attacks.

Roberta.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Oh I think Mary love Diane and Flo very much and I belive she thinks about Diane and Flo every day cause she misses them. I thought it was nice for Mary to say that she got out of an abusive relationship/marriage cause she learned to love herself. Thats a real powerful message to all women who are trapped in abusive relationships. Pedro Ferrer and his kind will have to answer for beating women to a pulp on judgement day. It takes a real low classless man to beat up a woman and they will all get they commeupance

The good book of Colossians say the following:

Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.

Roberta

1) I don't think there was any malicious intent in forgetting Brenda's last name.
    2) I really don't think Mary intended to downplay her son's death against Florence's.
    3) Who cares if Mary loves these women or not? That's not our business, nor do we have the foggiest idea about how these women actually feel.

It's just an interview. Nothing ground-breaking here at all, really.

Attachment 7917

Brenda, Freda, Kim, & . . . uh, . . .oh, . . . wait, it'll come to me . . . it's, a . . .

Attachment 7917

Brenda, Freda, Kim, & . . . uh, . . .oh, . . . wait, it'll come to me . . . it's, a . . .
    Oh you're funny LOL! That was taken at the BMI Dinner in 2003 I believe, but I may have forgotten.......

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    1) I don't think there was any malicious intent in forgetting Brenda's last name.
    2) I really don't think Mary intended to downplay her son's death against Florence's.
    3) Who cares if Mary loves these women or not? That's not our business, nor do we have the foggiest idea about how these women actually feel.

It's just an interview. Nothing ground-breaking here at all, really.
    I agree on all points!