[REMOVE ADS]

Long version of Youre My Driving Wheel on radio today-questions

On Sirius Studio 54 channel. Im assuming this was a 12 inch-?Great arraqngement. A man's voice came on briefly in middle and at end-a brief rap like vocal. I also thought I heard Mary come in very briefly saying or singing something towards the end. Wondering if anyone has info or heard a 12 inch version. Did Scherrie also sing backgrounds on this? Thanks. PS As it was 1977 when released Im assuming male voice added later.

Interesting because just last week I listened to the long version of this song on Youtube! Came across it by accident. I didn't pay attention but the man's voice may have been one of the Holland Bros who produced it.

Luke, yes here it is. The male voice breaks in at at 4:53 with "Yeah, next tune....." What makes this record unique to me hearing now after all these years is that the background/chanters [[Mary Wilson & Susaye Greene) are leading the lead/caller [[Scherrie Payne) in many parts of the song!!!

This version sounds so much better,crisper than what was released as a single and on the album back in late '76:

Looking closer at the above video, I see it is a Canadian release of "Mary,Scherrie & Susaye". This version, mix or whatever you call it is so, so much better than what I remember getting for Christmas back in 1976! LOL!!!

Marv -you are so right. I enjoy this version much more. And the call and response vocals so interesting! I dint even realize it.

Interesting remix. The edits are a bit "jumpy" but it definitely has a lot of verve to it. Nice find!

no this isn't original to 1976. a good remix but it's not a 12" version, at least not one done by the Hollands for release. it's one done by this dj after the Let Yourself Go box set came out using the extended alt version on there