[REMOVE ADS]

Can the Motown Tour push Expanded Editions?

as the predicted [[by me) MOTOWN THE MUSICAL begins a NATIONAL Tour, shouldn't there be a tour book that could include a page [[or two or three) making the more interested fans out there aware of the expanded editions that they still don't know exist?...this would revitalize the existing, waiting to be sold inventory titles, and help to bring forth the other titles we've been waiting to see released.. someone please pass this on to the proper parties..

hippo certainly hasn't stepped up to the plate considering the show is making so much money. if people are willing to spend bucks on fake motown singers, than it seems they would really spend money for the real deal. time for "supremes a go-go" and "sing h/d/h" expanded editions!

That's an excellent idea, Jimi. I have yet to make it to the Musical; are they selling Motown-related items [[CD's, shirts, etc.) before and after the performances? Perhaps they could even sell some of the EE's?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    That's an excellent idea, Jimi. I have yet to make it to the Musical; are they selling Motown-related items [[CD's, shirts, etc.) before and after the performances? Perhaps they could even sell some of the EE's?
    They have a nice merchandise area. Everything from keychains to coasters. They even have LOVE CHILD t-shirts, similar to that which Diana wore on ED SULLIVAN.

smark21 Guest
    I don't know...I'm sure most of the people attending MTM are there to hear the hits, or are new to Motown and thus they're hearing the big hits for the first time. Expanded Editions are for the die hard fans. Best bet is to sell the Motown the singles boxset that came out 20 years ago as it would give people a sample of some of the deep cuts beyond the big hits.

I didn't suggest that they should sell the product there...
    they SHOULD highlight the product/Hip O site in the program books, or an insert in the program books..many old school Motown fans are coming out of the woodwork for this show, and at least a share of them will buy these items.. and as the show goes on tour, that could lead to quite a few copies being sold on Hip O, Amazon, etc.. it's basic common sense, I mean, really..

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    They even have LOVE CHILD t-shirts, similar to that which Diana wore on ED SULLIVAN.
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I think I just wet myself, LOL.

I wonder if I could buy one online?

I just sent this to the 'classic motown' e- mail address..

Looking forward to the release of the expanded edition of BABY IT"S ME
    by DIANA ROSS:
    with the looming worldwide success of MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL, now is not
    the time to stop, now is the time to capitalize on Motown fans, new and old, finding
    out about the existing inventory of expanded editions, perhaps with tie ins to the
    MOTOWN Broadway show's program booklet, either a few pages in the booklet,
    or an insert..
    all the existing expanded editions are potentially more sellable NOW than they were
    upon their release, and we will support the continued releases to come.[[more ROSS,
    more SUPREMES,please..)
    Happy New Year,
    Jimi LaLumia
    GOOD TIMES Magazine/ Long Island, New York

Well done Jimi.