[REMOVE ADS]

There Is A New Diana Ross in Motown the Musical

Saw this online:

I don't know that Felicia Boswell is being let go, but I do know that [[the fabulous) Krystal Joy Brown is coming in to replace her. Her first performance is January 23rd.

I also read that Ms. Boswell's contract is over and she may be going on tour with the show.

supremester Guest
    If she was the replacement in August - I'm all for her leaving - I didn't find her enjoyable or anything Rosslike at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Saw this online:

I don't know that Felicia Boswell is being let go, but I do know that [[the fabulous) Krystal Joy Brown is coming in to replace her. Her first performance is January 23rd.

I also read that Ms. Boswell's contract is over and she may be going on tour with the show.
    Yes, there will be a new Diana Ross in Motown The Musical. Felicia was brought in to replace Valisia LeKae for a defined period of time when she went out on medical leave. Due to her illness, Valisia will not be able to return. Felicia's contract is ending as scheduled and Krystal Joy Brown will take over. There has only been speculation as to why Felicia is not continuing but she may have had something else already lined up. The rumor is that she will be Diana Ross on the tour when it goes out. And Felicia was playing Diana Ross starting in mid August, though I believe Valisia did come back for a period of time before she left again.

I saw Felicia this past summer, and thought she needed a bit more time with the role. I also thought that she was working with some musical arrangements that seemed uncomfortable for her.

supremester Guest
    She wasn't even attempting to sing like Miss Ross

Just saw pics of Miss Brown....let me just say the lady has got "IT." You can tell by the way she OWNS the pics she's in. Presence and charisma are jumpin into the camera lens!! Can't wait to see her as Miss Ross!!!!

supremester Guest
    OMG you are SO right - so right! Miss Brown gots it already!!!!! Happy to see that. How have you been? Missed you on here!