[REMOVE ADS]

Thelma - I Want To Go Back There Again

Several have recorded Berry's song "I Want To Go Back There Again". Chris Clark's is the version we know and love but we also know that Thelma Houston recorded it and it is available by Thelma in two versions.

The released single I've always felt was nothing special but there's an earlier version which personally I love. This has a much stronger vocal performance by Thelma and is more heavily orchestrated. As far as I know it is only available on The Best Of Thelma Houston [[the green cover) and is shown as extended but feels quite different.

Diana Ross and Shanice have also recorded the song but Thelma's "extended" is the one for me and at least on a par with Chris's. Anyone agree?

I take it you mean this version Mysterysinger ....

I don't think I'd ever heard it before, it certainly sounds a lot "fresher" than the version that was released as a 45.
    I'm not sure whether it is "better" than the version by CHRIS CLARK. A few years back I saw them both on stage at the Divas of Motown show at the Hammersmith Apollo, maybe someone should have got the two ladies in the same room and asked them for their own opinion.

Roger

I always thought that this was a superb first release for Thelma on Tamla Motown. I was bitterly disappointed when it failed to sell / make the charts.

Yes that sounds like the version I'm referring to. I think some of the words presented on screen leave a lot to be desired lol. I also saw the Divas Of Motown - loved the show.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 02-10-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Who transcribed those lyrics used in that video?! They're wrong in multiple places! LOL

Lulu Guest
    Thelma's is definitely the best version - she rocks it!

thelma sounda as if she is trying to sound like chris clark!