[REMOVE ADS]

alanbill1074 Guest

Ross 78 Reissue in 2014 on Cuture Factory [[France)

For those who didn't get the Japanese re-issue, completists, or people who like ear-drum-searing mastering on their CDs, Culture Factory look to be issuing this title on CD shortly:

http://www.culturefactory.fr/compone...category_id/15

My experience of them has not been good and I find their releases unlistenable, but perhaps this will be a straight clone of the Japanese re-issue.

This is available to pre-order on Amazon at £13.67. There is also an album by the Temptations - "All Directions".
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-Directio...ulture+factory

The Japan release is excellent. I am still hoping for a deluxe version of this with Baby It's me from Hippo Select. Has anyone heard anything?

Name:  album.jpg
Views: 1786
Size:  86.7 KB

The rarest Diana Ross solo album is finally coming out on CD!

Ross was released in 1978. The album was a mixture of older tunes Ross recorded and newer recordings, side A consisting of four tracks recorded in 1978 and Side B of material recorded between the years 1971 and 1975, but remixed and/or extended specifically for the Ross album. The album was put together while Diana was filming The Wiz, in order to have some product out while she was busy working on the film.

While alternate versions of most of the recordings contained on the album have re-surfaced on a number of Motown/Universal Music compilations over the years, the original album in its original form was only available on vinyl, making it the only one of Ross's studio albums for the Motown label not to have been re-released on CD until it finally came out in Japan last year.

A more accessible [[and cheaper) alternative will be offered on February 24th when Culture Factory release the album on CD. They have previously released The Boss and Evening With in beautiful, glossy LP replica versions so fans should expect the same treatment for this one. You can pre-order now by clicking here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ross-Diana/d...I1H4CXHH5O7YE5

Tracklist:

"Lovin', Livin' and Givin'" [[Kenny Stover, Pam Davis) [[Extended Remix) – 5:11
    Recorded 1978. Produced by Hal Davis. Arranged by Art Wright. Edited version originally issued on first pressings of soundtrack album Thank God It's Friday [[Casablanca), May 1978. Overdubbed remix issued on subsequent pressings. Re-remixed for album Ross, scheduled as US Motown single October 1978 [[cancelled). Released as A-side single in the UK, Continental Europe and Scandinavia b/w "You Got It" [[UK), "After You" [[Germany and Scandinavia) and "Top of the World" [[France and Italy).
    "What You Gave Me" [[Nickolas Ashford, Valerie Simpson) – 4:57
    Recorded 1978. Produced by Hal Davis. Arranged by Art Wright. Edited version [[3:39) released as 7" single b/w "Together" [[1978 Remix). Also released as Motown US promo 12" single 12 TMG 1135, including extended remix [[6:06) b/w "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" [[Album version), commercially released as Motown blue vinyl 12" single 1C 052-62 325 YZ b/w "Lovin' Livin' and Givin'" in Germany.
    "Never Say I Don't Love You" [[Greg Wright, Karin Patterson) – 3:50
    Recorded 1978. Produced by Greg Wright. Arranged by Greg Wright, John Barnes.
    "You Were the One" [[Greg Wright, Karin Patterson) – 4:01
    Recorded 1978. Produced by Greg Wright. Arranged by Greg Wright, Jimmie Haskell, John Barnes.
    "Reach Out I'll Be There" [[Brian Holland, Lamont Dozier, Eddie Holland Jr.) [[1978 Extended Remix) – 5:30 Recorded 1971. Produced by Nickolas Ashford & Valerie Simpson. Arranged by Paul Riser. Edited version [[3:59) originally released as Motown single, April 1971 b/w "They Long to Be Close to You" and original full-length version [[4:50) on album Surrender, June 1971.
    "Sorry Doesn't Always Make It Right" [[1978 Remix) [[Michael Masser) – 3:28
    Recorded 1974. Produced by Michael Masser. Arranged by Lee Holdridge, Michael Masser. Originally released as Motown US & UK single, February 1975, b/w "Together".
    "Where Did We Go Wrong" [[1978 Remix) [[Ron Miller, Tom Baird) – 4:24
    Recorded 1973. Produced by Michael Masser. Arranged by Ken Hirsch. Outtake from 1973 album Last Time I Saw Him.
    "To Love Again" [[1978 Remix) [[Gerry Goffin, Michael Masser) – 4:04
    Recorded 1975. Produced by Michael Masser. Arranged by Lee Holdridge, Michael Masser. Outtake from Mahogany OST sessions, 1975.
    "Together" [[1978 Remix) [[Michael Masser and Pam Sawyer) – 3:31
    Recorded 1975. Produced by Michael Masser. Arranged by Gene Page. Originally released as B-side of Motown US & UK single "Sorry Doesn't Always Make It Right", February 1975.

Sadly, as this is not a part of the fabulous Hip-O-Select series [[which seems to have slowed down a lot), there are no extra/unreleased tracks. Still, a good way to own this album on CD until an expanded version sees the light of day - that is if the mastering is any good, but the Culture Factory releases have a bit of a reputation for bad mastering, it seems. I have not played my Diana CD's from them yet so I can't comment...

http://barbarellasgalaxy.blogspot.co...ove-again.html

Are these Culture Factory releases in jewel cases or cardboard sleeves? Thanks!

They are cardboard sleeves. They are a duplicate of the original vinyl albums. I love them. I have most of them and they are wonderful...

"Where Did We Go Wrong", "Never Say I Don't Love You" and "You Were The One" should have been single releases. Someone at Motown was asleep at the wheel. " Living, Loving and Giving" was pulled from Thank GOD its Friday and was played at the clubs but Motown never released it as a single here.

I know many people consider this to be a throw away album. I don't. "Where Did We Go Wrong", "Never Say I Don't Love You" alone make this album a must have. Those are two of her best ballads.