[REMOVE ADS]

"Magic" 1971 Rare Earth label album

Just heard this song for the the first time, and how lovely is this??? Anyone have this album, and what is the rest of it like?

I've never heard of this group or this song before, but it's very lovely. Thanks for posting. jillfoster.

I wonder what this group's background is? I don't remember them ever being discussed here before, and that surprises me, considering they were signed to Motown.

Line-up for this album [[which was produced by Scott Regan) was Joey Murcia [[Guitar), Duanne King [[Guitar), Nick King [[Bass) & Gary Harger [[drums).

Brothers Duanne & Nick King joined Langsing band the Next Exit in 1968. In 1969 they changed their name to Magic and released a single on their own label in the same year. Joey Murcia, a Miami native joined late 1969. He had played with that city's Birdwatchers, and was also a session player for TK Records in Miami and was able get the band a record deal with the label, so they moved to Miami, becoming the label's first white group signed to the label. They recorded their first LP in the summer of 1969, which saw release on their own Armadillo label.

Th group returned to Michigan in 1970. Scott Regan helped to get the band signed to the Rare Earth label, and, in 1971, began recording their second album. The self-titled album, which featured songs composed by the group, was released in 1972 to some good reviews and featured Stevie Wonder playing keyboards on "Alexis", but not long after the album's release, Motown move West leaving Magic without a label. In 1973 the band called it quits and folded.

"Magic" Rare Earth RS-527

1 Keep On Moving [[Duane King)
    2 No, Know [[Duane King)
    3 Alexis [[Joey Murcia)
    4 Pacifying Burn [[Duane King)
    5 Don't Use Your Love To Blind Me [[Duane King)
    6 Back At Beckers [[Shelly's Blues) [[Joey Murcia/Duane King/Nick King/Gary Harger)
    7 Velvet Underwear [[Duane King)
    8 Absolutely Free Absolutely Beautiful [[Joey Murcia)
    9 Duck Butter [[Duane King)
    10 I'm Your Landlord [[Duane King)
    11 Our Hearts Are In Our Heads [[Joey Murcia)

I found the LP listed on Ebay for $25.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAGIC-SELF-T...item58a9beba65

I like a lot of the albums on the Rare Earth label [[e.g. Rustix, Sunday Funnies, Matrix, Poor Boys). I played the Magic album twice and don't remember a thing about it.

Then there's this early Magic on Ebay.....
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAGIC-ENCL...item5898161fb2