[REMOVE ADS]

Barrett Strong - Money [[That's What I Want)

Another great old song written which by BG and the wonderful Janie Bradford. There have been lots of versions over the years including a UK top 10 hit for the Flying Lizards which I love. My preferred version is by Blinky, of course

I love the Flying Lizards' version. New wave interpretation lol

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Another great old song written which by BG and the wonderful Janie Bradford. There have been lots of versions over the years including a UK top 10 hit for the Flying Lizards which I love. My preferred version is by Blinky, of course

I liked Blinky's version of Money...too. I assume it won't be on the forthcoming Blinky CD. But Barrett Strong's original was not only the theme at Motown, but all of Detroit as well. When it hit, Ddetroit was full of hardworking and ambitious people all trying to get their hands on some money.

Kam, hopefully Blinky's 'Money' will be on her second CD that Reel Music are proposing to issue sometime in 2011

^^ It sure was. I thought "what a great song to really take Motown off" and it still wasn't even "Motown" yet when this came out lol but it sure signaled the real start.