[REMOVE ADS]

Special Thankgiving Day "Nightflight" Earlier Time-5P-8P ET:Supremes/Diana Ross Live!

A very Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Chanukah to you all! Please join me for a special earlier "Nightflight" today, Thanksgiving Day, at 5P-8P ET. I'm actually filling in for my buddy Rich Rubino on his "Sounds Of America" show. In pondering what to air on this show that normally focuses on the Great American Songbook, I thought what could be MORE great and American than to fill these 3 hours with LIVE performances by the Supremes and Diana Ross.
    These include the Copa, Ed Sullivan, Hullabaloo, Roostertail, Talk Of The Town, An Evening With Diana Ross....and so much more.
    So have a most enjoyable day as you think about what you are grateful for, and then do join me for 3 hours with Diana, Mary, Florence and Cindy at this special, earlier time.
    On WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and streaming live worldwide at www.womr.org
    Thanks so much!
    John
    Attachment 7631
    Attachment 7632
    Attachment 7633
    Last edited by midnight johnny; 11-28-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Whoops....sorry...I forgot to mention that I'll be playing some RARE live tracks that don't get aired often....just FYI!
    Thanks!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Whoops....sorry...I forgot to mention that I'll be playing some RARE live tracks that don't get aired often....just FYI!
    Thanks!
    John
    You mean you'll be airing the two hour version of Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In from Farewell so you can have a break to eat your entire Thanksgiving dinner plus pie?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    You mean you'll be airing the two hour version of Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In from Farewell so you can have a break to eat your entire Thanksgiving dinner plus pie?

Heee heeee! Not if you PAID me!!! Happy Thanksgiving, Glen...should I get a table for 2?

Make it a table for five! I am here with Carl & Diane to enjoy the musical feast you've prepared!

How wonderful!!! Hello Carl and Diane!!

Happy Thanksgiving John and Glen and all who is listening! What a pleasant surprise for today.. I will be listening until I have to go to the family dinner. Gobble Gobble!

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving John and Glen and all who is listening! What a pleasant surprise for today.. I will be listening until I have to go to the family dinner. Gobble Gobble!
    Tonyyyyyy!!!! Welcome!!! How nice!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!! Stay as long as you can, my friend!

Tony have a fabulous Turkey fest with the family!

John, you've found some fabulous things ive never heard... Outstanding! Diane really does gorgeous work on Little Girl Blue

John, you've found some fabulous things ive never heard... Outstanding! Diane really does gorgeous work on Little Girl Blue
    Excellent, Glen! I love to keep you surprised!!!!

Thank you both! Ditto that you are playing some wonderfully rare tracks today! and I went on a 2 hour walk earlier so I can over eat later lol ...

I love the Millie Rose Mame medley

I love the Millie Rose Mame medley
    Me too, Glen...and the orchestra was just terrific!!!!

Have to log off of SDetroit now but will be listening in the car until I get to the house. See you soon..

Have to log off of SDetroit now but will be listening in the car until I get to the house. See you soon..
    Nice to have you Tony...have a wonderful holiday!

John;
    I feel like I'm "double dipping'" today. Being a Canadian, I celebrated Thanksgiving several weeks ago, but I have no guilt in enjoying a heaping' helping of your special program this afternoon. I took this picture yesterday as a tribute to my Jewish friends, and pass it on to your listeners of that faith. Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Detroit Soulful Forum pals, and especially to you John, for whom I have a lot to be thankful for! MarkName:  P1620122.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  41.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    John;
    I feel like I'm "double dipping'" today. Being a Canadian, I celebrated Thanksgiving several weeks ago, but I have no guilt in enjoying a heaping' helping of your special program this afternoon. I took this picture yesterday as a tribute to my Jewish friends, and pass it on to your listeners of that faith. Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Detroit Soulful Forum pals, and especially to you John, for whom I have a lot to be thankful for! MarkName:  P1620122.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  41.1 KB
    Mark.....how nice to see you...and a belated Happy Thanksgiving to you! And I am very thankful for you, too! It's always nice to know you're there....

supremester Guest
    i LOVE this song! Happy Thanksgiving Johnny & Co!!!

supremester Guest
    PS This was Gil's prefferred opener instead of Put On A Happy Face but Berry won out

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    i LOVE this song! Happy Thanksgiving Johnny & Co!!!
    Gregg...how nice!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

supremester Guest
    This is MY fave opener, but it didn't get polished.......too high lol........plus Miss Ross had a verse problem................again

A big thanks to you all....so nice to be with you on the holiday!!! See you on Tuesday for MORE of 1965?? Hope so....bye!!!

Was a great show John, sorry I couldn't be online more to interact with everyone. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Thanks, Glen! I'm so glad that you and Diane and Carl could have the show as part of your festivities. Have a great holiday weekend yourself!!