[REMOVE ADS]

The Delfonics Unsung

Did anyone else catch this episode? I was a little disappointed in the two brothers. Again the group is bigger than any single member. Plus they didn't mention a word about Major Harris's solo career. He had a hit with "Love won't Let Me Wait". Just a lot of omissions imo

I saw it. I thought they did a good job, but I was disappointed that they went light on Randy Cain and Major Harris' contributions to the group and why they left.

I was disappointed too. Seemed superficial to me. Recent CeCe Penniston much better.

I watched it online as I do all of the Unsungs Thanksgiving morning and though I agree there
    were quite a few data omissions I enjoyed it very much and was quite thankful some folks
    took the time to tell their story to this present generation and surviving soul fans. Only a book
    by an objective party would go into detail about the group's history better for my tastes. Hope
    that happens in my lifetime. The Delfonics were a bigger influence on black music of the seventies than this episode gives credit too and many artists who had great careers of their
    own later were big fans. One thing that always struck me about Major Harris is how he brought an almost David Ruffin-like presence to the group especially on tracks like Think It
    Over. Incidentally the biggest Delfonics fan I ever knew when I was in the military was a
    Native American [[we called them Indian back then) who turned me on to I Don't Want To
    Make You Wait. Wherever he is now, Yaholla, Thank you brother!....

It's currently billed on YouTube as '2022 update' or something. I had seen it years ago but not sure where it was supposed to be updated to, not that I thought it would be recent enough to mention Poogie's death. What puzzled me were the stripped backgrounds, vocals only, on all the videos they showed. Licensing issues perhaps? Mighty strange. Those Thom Bell-conjured band tracks were as important as the vocals