[REMOVE ADS]

Cool The Elgins - Darling Baby

Great track featuring the very wonderful Sandra Mallett [[a.k.a. Sandra Edwards) who sadly died on 22nd Feb 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Great track featuring the very wonderful Sandra Mallett [[a.k.a. Sandra Edwards) who sadly died on 22nd Feb 2002.
    Darling Baby is one of those Motown songs that was not passed around or covered by other artists. However, singer Jackie Moore did an almost note for note cover version which hit No. 22 on the R&B charts in 1972.

So sad to hear she has passed on. I didnt know that. Rose Banks did a great version on her one and only Motown album ROSE, which got released as a UK 45 when she toured with Marvin Gaye on his last British Tour. Didnt sell though, sadly....Paulo XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post
    Darling Baby is one of those Motown songs that was not passed around or covered by other artists. However, singer Jackie Moore did an almost note for note cover version which hit No. 22 on the R&B charts in 1972.
    Rose Banks did indeed cover Darling Baby on her lone Motown album, but her version came out years after The Elgins' and Jackie Moore's versions.

Indeed. Just nice to know somebody thought it well worth covering all those years later.AND to a great job too..Paulo XXX

I always loved me some Elgins. Really dug this tune, and their two additional 45 releases: Heaven Must Have Sent You and I Understand My Man backed by It's Been A Long, Long Time. For this last single, I preferred the "B side" rather than the "A side."

Does any know how Sandra Died? A fellow motowner on youtube also said that Cleo "Duke" Miller Also passed away some time ago. Can anyone back this up?