[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I kind of preferred the days of 1970 when I thought Mary Wilson was singing the Johnny Bristol parts of Someday We'll Be Together! Well, she had a lower voice and it WAS the Supremes.
    Well, I never thought that. I knew it was a male singer, but did not realize that it was Johnny. However, I did think that the female voices on LOVE CHILD and SOMEDAY were Mary and Cindy, that their mikes finally turned up and they were kickin' ass. I was disappointed years later to find out that those two records were Diana Ross records , not Supremes records

However, if anyone ever asks me what my favorite Supremes records are, I always answer SOMEDAY WE'LL BE TOGETHER and UP THE LADDER TO THE ROOF.

Even though there's evidence pointing to the fact that Flo is not on "You Can't Hurry Love," that is still my favorite record with Diana. If I want to hear Flo on it, I just listen to the superb live performance on Sullivan.

Three of my favorite singles were You Keep Me Hangin On which features Flo prominently and Where Did Our Love Go which features Mary prominently and Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart. Are there Andantes on LILAIIMH or fluffing up the other two songs?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Three of my favorite singles were You Keep Me Hangin On which features Flo prominently and Where Did Our Love Go which features Mary prominently and Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart. Are there Andantes on LILAIIMH or fluffing up the other two songs?
    From all I've read and understand, I don't think they're on any of those singles. When they recorded WDOLG, I think that's when they had Flo stand several feet back from the mic. I hear no support from the Andantes whatsoever on YKMHO - it really just sounds like a duet between Flo and Diana. The backgrounds on LILAIIMH are a little soft, but again, I hear Flo very distinctly so I don't think the A's are present.

Yeah I don't hear Andantes on those recordings either. Sounds like Diana, Mary & Flo to me.

i know people have stated Flo isn't on Can't Hurry Love. frankly, to my ear i think she's on it. and until someone can produce a session sheet or some documented proof, then i'm just gonna keep on believing lol

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i know people have stated Flo isn't on Can't Hurry Love. frankly, to my ear i think she's on it. and until someone can produce a session sheet or some documented proof, then i'm just gonna keep on believing lol
    Same goes for me, except for me I want to hear/read Berry, Diana, Mary or H-D-H say "Yes that is Marlene singing with Mary and not Florence", until then to me it's a Diana, Mary and Florence record. Same for "Stop!", yes I believe the Andantes are on there but I also believe they are mixed in with Mary and Florence as Louvaine has stated she hears Florence on the song when she took a listen to it.

Back to the 70's, on Jimmy Webb wasn't in the Blossoms who are providing the extra background vocals? Did that include Darlene Love? Some songs I thought it worked like on "Paradise" but others not so much. One that comes to mind is "All I Want", first of all the background vocals should have been turned way down on that one as there's a few times where I have a hard time even understanding what Jean is singing.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Same goes for me, except for me I want to hear/read Berry, Diana, Mary or H-D-H say "Yes that is Marlene singing with Mary and not Florence", until then to me it's a Diana, Mary and Florence record. Same for "Stop!", yes I believe the Andantes are on there but I also believe they are mixed in with Mary and Florence as Louvaine has stated she hears Florence on the song when she took a listen to it.
    You'll never hear them say that because Mary, Diane and Flo are on all the major hits from 1963-67 and Mary on the ones into the 70's.