[REMOVE ADS]

Unsung's new season debuts tonight on tv one

The popular show begins a new season with Heavy D & The Boys. I haven't seen the complete line-up for the season but I know that CeCe Peniston, The Delfonics, The Getto Boys will be among the ones featured. So many others they could have featured but hopefully they will get around to them.

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 30, - Heavy D & the Boyz
    WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, - Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
    WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, - Geto Boys
    WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, - The Delfonics
    WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, - CeCe Peniston

Not the most interesting line up for me, except The Delfonincs.

I agree and am looking forward to seeing The Delfonics most of all. I am curious of what became of LL&CJ though.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea the season was starting. And the time was great, too, 8pm est. I hope they stick with that for the rest of the season.

I'm not too thrilled with the lineup as of yet, except for the Delfonics. But I'll be tuning in regardless.

I too am only looking forward to the episode on The Delfonics.

thomas96 Guest
    I'm with everyone here, excited only about the Delfonics. But that one will be spectacular! Still hoping they do one on Bobby Taylor and one on Levi Stubbs.

Thanks for the info glencro i wish theyd do an unsung on Barbara Martin and Jean Terrell. I may write them and suggest this/

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

RossHolloway Guest
    I'm more interested in Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam!!!

Not too thrilled with the line-up either but will be tuning in. I've watched a few others that I initially wasn't interested in but actually enjoyed

I thought the episode on Heavy D and the Boyz was very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Not too thrilled with the line-up either but will be tuning in. I've watched a few others that I initially wasn't interested in but actually enjoyed
    The mary Wells one was real sad. Im still hoping for an Unsung on Barbara Martin and Jean Terrell. Have they dione one on El Debarge yet?

Greetings,
    I am really interested in watching the one,
    On the DELFONICS.
    There are a lot of stories in the city of brotherly love.
    And I know a few, anxious.
    Ceasar
    The
    Original
    Tymes

Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    Greetings,
    I am really interested in watching the one,
    On the DELFONICS.
    There are a lot of stories in the city of brotherly love.
    And I know a few, anxious.
    Ceasar
    The
    Original
    Tymes

Ceasar, you would make a great resource for the show, as well as an on-camera interviewee for some of these subjects including the Delfonics.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    The mary Wells one was real sad. Im still hoping for an Unsung on Barbara Martin and Jean Terrell. Have they dione one on El Debarge yet?
    Roberta75, they did the DeBarge family [[including Switch) in the very first season along with Phyllis Hyman and The Clark Sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Roberta75, they did the DeBarge family [[including Switch) in the very first season along with Phyllis Hyman and The Clark Sisters.
    Oh I missed it glencro i hope they repeat it soon. I swa the Clark Sisters and the one on Phylliss. Im still holding out for an unsung on Jean Terrell and Barbara Martin Im going to write TVOne and ask them do do a episode on Jean and a episode on Barbara.

I also love the Celebrity Crime Files shows on TVOne.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Roberta75, here's the full episode on the DeBarge family. What a tragic story

I haven't caught any of the new season yet. I look forward to seeing the episodes on Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam, and CeCe Peniston.

I'd like to see a program on Cheryl Lynn , Minnie Riperton and Millie Jackson.

They already did episodes on Minnie Riperton and Millie Jackson. You could probably find them on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    I'd like to see a program on Cheryl Lynn , Minnie Riperton and Millie Jackson.
    You need to write tvone r.mark desjardins thats what I did cause I want to see an unsung on Barbara Martin and Jean terrell.

Fondly,

Roberta

The Geto Boys was interesting. In almost all of these Unsungs people are not getting paid.

Here's the full episode featuring Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam:

http://tvone.tv/shows/unsung/video/u...-cult-jam.html

I'd love to see these girl groups featured:

Sister Sledge [[of course)
    The Jones Girls
    The Emotions
    Mary Jane GIrls [[have to be interesting working with Rick James)
    The Three Degrees

I enjoyed the Lisa Lisa episode a lot, they were one of my favorite groups. I agree with one of Cult Jam's members, the whole "Full Force" thing confused people. Heck, it confused me, are you Cult Jam or Full Force or what? That's basic marketing: don't confuse your audience.

They disappeared quickly and that's too bad. I really liked them. One thing about these Unsung episodes, you see where these groups [[or their managers or "handlers") make these enormous mistakes. In LL & Cult Jam's case, it's going away from their freestyle sound. Anyway, great episode, Lisa seems like a cool person.

Just wanted to bump this up because the Delfonics episode that most of us are waiting for will be broadcast tomorrow night, Wed. Nov 20th at 8 pm I set my DVR.

Word has it that there is an episode in the works that will feature the Emotions for the next cycle. If I'm not mistaken they are filming their episode now.

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Word has it that there is an episode in the works that will feature the Emotions for the next cycle. If I'm not mistaken they are filming their episode now.
    Now that I am excited about!!!

Saw the episode tonight on the Delfonics and loved it! My only complaints were that they were a little light on Randy's and Major's history with the group and that the overall show was not long enough!

Someone from UNSUNG called me yesterday, "The Manhattans" episode will be on sometime after the new year.

S.S.

The one on the Manhattans is the one I'm waiting for.

~~Mary~~

I really liked the Lisa Lisa unsung! Learned a lot of stuff I didn't know about. I knew her on "Taina" before I even knew about her career in the '80s. Glad they pointed that out. I haven't seen the others episodes from the season so far though.

Enjoyed the Delfonics as well. I was surprised; however to know that they were from 2nd & Vine Streets. That area back then was skid row full of flop houses, missions and home to the original homeless people. Their parents obviously wanted a better life for them not to mention that that area is part of 95 now and that precipitated their move to West Philly. At that time West Philly was considered the East Side ala the Jeffersons as Randy Cain lived on their street and his father was a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    Enjoyed the Delfonics as well. I was surprised; however to know that they were from 2nd & Vine Streets. That area back then was skid row full of flop houses, missions and home to the original homeless people. Their parents obviously wanted a better life for them not to mention that that area is part of 95 now and that precipitated their move to West Philly. At that time West Philly was considered the East Side ala the Jeffersons as Randy Cain lived on their street and his father was a judge.
    Nosey, great info you provided here. I didn't know what the neighborhoods were like down there were I-95 is now. I know some of the streets heading South and just West of Broad Street looked kind of rough when I was living in Philly. I spent most of my time in West Philly not far from the 59th & Market station.

The Delfonics

Hi Ms. Nosey. I know it has been a longtime. Glad to see you still post here. You told truthful stories as my mom grew up across the street from the Cain's on 55th Street in West Philly. My grandparents and Randy's parents were best friends..

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Nosey, great info you provided here. I didn't know what the neighborhoods were like down there were I-95 is now. I know some of the streets heading South and just West of Broad Street looked kind of rough when I was living in Philly. I spent most of my time in West Philly not far from the 59th & Market station.

Hi Ashley! I'm a Georgia peach now having retired and selling my house and fleeing North Philly like Lot fled Sodom & Gomorrah. I was there for the holidays and I'm going back for Easter [[it's still Easter to me!) and Mother's Day. It's easier and cheaper for me to go there to see my kids than it is for them to come here with the responsibilities they have. Are you still associated with the Arts Garage? If so, I'll pop in while I'm there.

Manhattans, Chic, and some rapper....Have to say, looking forward to Manhattans, but Chic, I'll watch too - but c'mon Unsung - you can dig deeper than that! How's about LTD? Or Frankie Beverly and Maze? Or Slave? Highly appreciated the Unsung "marathon" last night, got to re-watch, even learn a few new details on the lives of Delfonics and Whispers, behind the singing. Who'da think, the Whispers were at one point, pimps, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    Manhattans, Chic, and some rapper....Have to say, looking forward to Manhattans, but Chic, I'll watch too - but c'mon Unsung - you can dig deeper than that! How's about LTD? Or Frankie Beverly and Maze? Or Slave? Highly appreciated the Unsung "marathon" last night, got to re-watch, even learn a few new details on the lives of Delfonics and Whispers, behind the singing. Who'da think, the Whispers were at one point, pimps, ha!
    Totally agree Ngroove, CHIC IMO were far from Unsung. I was pretty shocked when they did the O'jays, Spinners & Teddy Pendergrass. They all also shared major success.

The Fuzz, Major Lance, Billy Butler, Deon Jackson, Cissy Houston [[young people that I know have heard of her through Whitney but aren't at all familiar with her music career). A show on one-hit wonders and others that had more than one hit but never attained mainstream attention would be nice also.
    Last edited by mr_june; 01-22-2014 at 02:27 PM.

I sure wish they would do a episode of Unsung of the Dramatics. One of my favorite and most under rated R&B groups of all time.