[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Edwin Starr

RossHolloway Guest
    Awesome piece. It's so good to see that Starr is not forgotten and is still appreciated. Thanks for posting this!
    Last edited by RossHolloway; 10-24-2013 at 05:49 PM.

I still can't believe that Edwins' home was within walking distance from my home.

As I posted on the main Soulful Detroit thread, What a True Gentleman and such a professional every time! it was more than a pleasure to interview Edwin many times, later to use him as an artist at large events with the radio station I worked for, he never failed to deliver and even delivered far much more than his fee's he asked for. His backing bands were always so strong, young guys and with such a family feel. Miss him, still feel he never received the respect he so deserved.

Thanks for posting the link. A nice package honouring a great singer and performer.