[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    The set is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com for $62.56, which indicates a modest discount below the list price of $66.99. Of course, the nice thing about Amazon is no shipping and no sales tax [[which many of our lawmakers in Congress are in a fight with Amazon about and trying to change). It also shows the release date to be May 17.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    Yes, as someone else pointed out, Amazon's price is now a very reasonable $55.39, and they guarantee if you order now and the price drops before release date, you get the still lower price.

lol. Everybody on Facebook is panicking because they think this set is completely sold out.

is the thinking behind this to have it earlier than expected, but pay a penalty?

Looks like this collection is a hit even before release! It's currently #357 in music sales on Amazon's Bellsellers Rank. It's also #11 in the Oldies category and #15 in the R&B category!

Our ladies still can sell!

Well...folks may know that Andy Skurow will be on "Nightflight" this Tue, Apr 19th. I've just been listening to the "Final Sessions" promo tracks that Andy sent and that he and Harry have been so generous to allow me to play on Andy's show. I hope you will listen in to hear the pre-release tracks and this special show that spotlights Andy, his fascinating life and the remarkable work he has done on so many of our favorite Universal/Motown releases. Join us on Tue April 19, 9P-12M ET! [[www.womr.org)
    Andy....and Harry...thanks so much!

Help!!! Andy and Harry....

In the Hip-O blurb for this set, it states the following:
    Disc Two
    Tracks 1-16: High Energy
    Tracks 17-19: The High Energy Sessions
    Tracks 11, 12 and 14-19 previously unreleased

This indicates that tracks 9, 10, and 13 must have been released already! I know that track 13 [[Don't Let My Teardrops Bother You) was released on The 70's Supremes Anthology.

My question: Where have tracks 9 and 10 been previously RELEASED, i.e., High Energy [[Russ Terrana Mix) and I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking [[Russ Terrana mix)?

Many of us are very interested in these Russ Terrana mixes and are hoping that the High Energy track 9 features the Scherrie lead ... but we know it has never been released.

The alternate "High Energy" was on the Greatest Hits And Rare Classics cassette but was an edited single version. THE FINAL SESSIONS includes the full version. The original mix of "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking" first appeared with an alternate edit on Greatest Hits And Rare Classics but the full version first came out on a Motown compilation called FUNKOLOGY VOL. 3: DANCE DIVAS.

that cassette proved HUGELY important to collectors at the time it came out for several reasons! thank you, George!

Thank you for the information, George.

Therefore, I assume that means that the "High Energy" track on THE FINAL SESSIONS does not feature a Scherrie lead since it is just a full version of the one on GREATEST HITS AND RARE CLASSICS.

I remain puzzled because, apparently, Russ Terrana has stated that he never worked with Susaye and her lead is on this "Russ Terrana Mix" track..

Russ mixed the "High Energy" tapes but that doesn't mean he would have been in the studio when Susaye was recording. And by the way...the original mixes sound great!

George is right, I mixed the project but was not in the studio with Susaye. I must say, she sure has a great voice, a real talent.

which mix of "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking" appeared on the early 80s DRATS CD that came in those long boxes?

i see you can order now at the Hip-O site as the "sold out" has been changed to "buy now".

Just to clarify...The version of "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking" that Russ mixed was one of the few songs that did NOT get remixed. It just received a new edit for the released album. So it is Russ' mix with an alternate edit that is the hit version that we all know. The 80's CD Anthology included the even shorter single edit.
    Inside note to Russ: I'm still waiting to record "She's Only Loose At Night".

George, thank you for the clarification on the 80s anthology, and a big thank you for your creative design on the "Rare Classics" CD and cassette versions. they both were certainly aimed at fans and collectors! when can we get alternate version #8 of THE SHA-LA BANDIT where the band members have multi-leads?

I absolutely cannot wait for this release! I pre-ordered mine from Amazon Canada, which has a release date of May 10th, versus the release date of May 17th on Amazon US. Now whether it actually comes in stock and arrives a week earlier is totally another story [[I doubt it). Even though it came out to $70, which is the top list price, I'm willing to pay it because I MUST have this NOW! Looking forward to the release party/celebration on Nightflight tomorrow evening!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I absolutely cannot wait for this release! I pre-ordered mine from Amazon Canada, which has a release date of May 10th, versus the release date of May 17th on Amazon US. Now whether it actually comes in stock and arrives a week earlier is totally another story [[I doubt it). Even though it came out to $70, which is the top list price, I'm willing to pay it because I MUST have this NOW! Looking forward to the release party/celebration on Nightflight tomorrow evening!
    I can't wait either! LOL!!!! I ordered directly from Hip-O. Estimated street date May 3rd!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I can't wait either! LOL!!!! I ordered directly from Hip-O. Estimated street date May 3rd!
    How much does it cost please and do you have a link to Hip-O sophisticated_soul?

Thank you.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    How much does it cost please and do you have a link to Hip-O sophisticated_soul?

Thank you.

Roberta
    Hi Roberta, Here's the link [[from Harry's post on page 3 of this thread):

http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.publi...3-0AD19CA4F0B5

With tax and [[regular) postage it comes to $83.69.

Sorry, I just checked the link and it's not working anymore. Just go to www.hip-oselect.com and look it up under "The Supremes". That should take you to it.
    Last edited by sophisticated_soul; 04-19-2011 at 03:47 PM.

wow, and amazon with no shipping charges is at $55 something. that's about $29 less for a two week wait. And how many weeks/years has this release been bandied about? then to think I already have these 3 albums and the bootlegs. life is crazy!

If this DOES sell out before I can order, I will be VERY, VERY, VERY PISSED OFF. I have waited all this time, and every site showing sold out????..Paulo xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by chestersong View Post
    wow, and amazon with no shipping charges is at $55 something. that's about $29 less for a two week wait. And how many weeks/years has this release been bandied about? then to think I already have these 3 albums and the bootlegs. life is crazy!
    Yeah, I know I didn't get the best price. But every now and then I like to splurge a bit if it's something I really want right away. Life is crazy, but it's all good!

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    If this DOES sell out before I can order, I will be VERY, VERY, VERY PISSED OFF. I have waited all this time, and every site showing sold out????..Paulo xxxx
    I don't think selling out will be a problem Paulo, there are copies of Vol. 1 still available.

Paulo

I think it's on amazon uk.....but you might have to wait a while.

Hi Roberta, Here's the link [[from Harry's post on page 3 of this thread):

http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.publi...3-0AD19CA4F0B5

With tax and [[regular) postage it comes to $83.69.

Sorry, I just checked the link and it's not working anymore. Just go to www.hip-oselect.com and look it up under "The Supremes". That should take you to it.
    Thank you so much sophisticate_soul. I will order it when i get my next paycheck.

Thank you again.

Roberta

Okay, maybe I heard this story before but I'm getting old and can't remember. Someone, please humor me! Why was the album remixed after Russ mixed it? I imagine the two mixes are mostly different since we are getting both on this release but.... what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Thank you so much sophisticate_soul. I will order it when i get my next paycheck.
    I hear that. I'll be eating rice and beans for couple of weeks for this indulgence. LOL! But that's the least of anything I've done for Diana Ross and/or The Supremes over the decades! LOL! Besides I like rice and beans.

I hear that. I'll be eating rice and beans for couple of weeks for this indulgence. LOL! But that's the least of anything I've done for Diana Ross and/or The Supremes over the decades! LOL! Besides I like rice and beans.
    LOL and I'll be eating boxed mac and cheese for a month but at least we'll have great music.

Roberta

I know the site has a ship date of April 29th but it also says that it is in stock. Does than mean it is actually in stock and will be shipped sooner?

my confirmation e-mail from Hip-O said it would arrive 5-2-2011. Now other firends have said they could not order as the site was down again and saying "sold out". very confusing.

I ordered a copy this morning and the email confirmation gives a "estimated street date" of May 3, 2011. Looking forward to this collection.

then that must mean it's coming for sure! just a few more days!

I pre-ordered my copy on Amazon UK on March 7th. I might not get it until June, but I'm ready to wait that long! I just pre-ordered the Patrice Holloway cd there too with a date of June 7th.

looking forward to this set. i am sure Andy ,Harry and the gang did another outstanding job. cant wai to hear the Russ Terrana Mixs of HIGH ENERGY, what i heard last week ...they sound sooo much better than the disco meets symphony mixs?? never really got it but GONNA LET MY HEART was a great track

Is this going to get an official UK release?

Um, yeah... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Let-Yourself...xgy_m_h__img_a. Amazon UK shows a release date of June 27, 2011.

maybe june comes before may in the U.K.----ouch!---

Thanks danman.

Ramone Verona Guest
    Ordered my copies today. Has anyone heard what the next Supremes project will be? Or Diana Ross project?

on the radio preview, Andy just mentioned those projects he'd like to have a hand in. nothing definite announced.

Having re-read some of the comments regarding this set, I still don't get why they chose that horrible butterfly logo for the cover. Besides, wasn't that done during the JML period? Harry and Co. are always right on with the detail of these sets but the picture on page 3 of this forum of the cover is perfect. Sorry guys, I don't get this one.

I think there's an expanded version of More HIts By The Supremes on the way. Hope I heard right! Still one of my favorite albums of all time.

Agree nathan--it is a set celebrating The Supremes-why no pic? Dont get it either.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    Having re-read some of the comments regarding this set, I still don't get why they chose that horrible butterfly logo for the cover. Besides, wasn't that done during the JML period? Harry and Co. are always right on with the detail of these sets but the picture on page 3 of this forum of the cover is perfect. Sorry guys, I don't get this one.
    you are right. i was looking at the "This is the story" set, and behind where the discs are placed is that butterfly logo.
    It could have been 3 circles once again with nice photos of the three. Lynda wasn't featured on the cover, so Cindy or Susaye could be left off at least the front cover. But the one on page 3, for HIGH ENERGY, seems appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff9nyc View Post
    I think there's an expanded version of More HIts By The Supremes on the way. Hope I heard right! Still one of my favorite albums of all time.
    one of my favorites, too. that would be great. i didn't hear the entire 3 hour radio interview.

The dates have been changed a tad i see. Site ship date is now May 2nd.

huh, its coming a bit earlier? COOL.
    i would have went with the High Energy cover artwork but the butterflies are ok for me. i want to hear the music!

Ramone Verona Guest
    Earlier shipping from Hip-O or Amazon?

Hip-O :-).

originally the "ship date" was 4/29, on friday. now it's been moved to monday, 5/2. seems like another delay?