[REMOVE ADS]

R.I.P. Gloria Lynne

Another one of the greats has gone on...........

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1489309

Another great one gone. She's up there serenading my hubby along with Sarah and Dinah. RIP

Damn.
    RIP, Gloria...glad you got some of your flowers while you were still here with us...

O Lord, we beg of You, through Your loving kindness, have mercy on the soul of Your servant Gloria Lynne, and now that she is set free from the defilements of this mortal flesh, restore her to her heritage of everlasting salvation and take her to Heaven to live in eternal peace with you forever. Through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

What a great singer

edafan

R.I.P. Ms Gloria Lynne............

Hearing this news has made me go back and re-read her book I WISH YOU LOVE. I had only read it once, back when I bought it in 2000. But it is a really revealing book about a strong woman who survived despite obstacles put in her path.

I never finished that book. Something more pressing came up and I can't remember for the life of me what it was now. That was so many years ago. I have to put it on hold again at
    NYPL. The song though recorded by so many, Gloria made her own...

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Frankie Crocker introduced me to her music as he included her in his daily mix. Ms. Lynne's tone was incredible. I had the opportunity to see her in Harlem at her book release and she was a funny lady and still could sing too. May she rest in peace.

Jimmy was one of Gloria's influences, he had a group of singers that would meet at each other's houses back in the day to go through songs and break them down on delivery, phrasing, and best way to tag or end a song.

We've sent our condolences to Gloria's son & family.
    May she rest in peace.
    Gloria was one of the greatest female vocal stylists that never got her due.

S.S.