[REMOVE ADS]

Cool The Stylistics on BBC TV in the UK [[please take a look)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11628062

Hi Guy's please take a look at this video and post what you think LOL

Ooooooooo my god

What a shame!
    Once again they prove that they suck!
    FRAUDS!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JUST AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in choir and often we had to sing a capella so I have a somewhat musical ear for harmony blend. I have to say these guys can't sing harmony that was just plain awful.

Here we go again!

I've always been an open discussion guy but I'm starting to think SD should ban all the nutty Stylistics and Supremes threads.

I see that guys post for a certain number of years and then just pack it in......it's all been said a dozen times in a dozen different ways.

If you dislike someone, you'll keep disliking them...........until you're "knockin on heaven's door", you hope.

Jaybs, I did not post this to argue or fall out with anyone and none has argued. For years Russlle has said that arion can't sing. This video just proves what he has been saying.
    I can't see how anyone can defend this!!
    All airon & herb are doing is showing them selfs up and making it easier for RTJ & TNS.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lj1 View Post
    Jaybs, I did not post this to argue or fall out with anyone and none has argued. For years Russlle has said that arion can't sing. This video just proves what he has been saying.
    I can't see how anyone can defend this!!
    All airon & herb are doing is showing them selfs up and making it easier for RTJ & TNS.
    So why did Russell when he was still in The Stylistics let a untalented non singer like Arion remain in the group all these years rather than dismissing him and replacing him with a real vocalist?

Likely cause just like Mary of the Supremes, they desparately needed them at one time.

These guys aren't that bad.

lj1 - as others have said it is lighting a touch paper with this subject or Mary and The Supremes there are different camps and their loyalty often lets down the artist they give so much support to.

I have no argument with either side of the debate whatever artist or group it may be, but what I do know is that virtually Every artist have bad days vocal wise and that includes all these we discuss here and some do not age well vocal wise.

But I can assure you The Stylistics that seem to get so many knocked and attacks are Very Successful here in the UK, I have known the Promoter for many years and worked for him, each visit to the UK he has not one problem filling the diary and venues are pleased to take them over and over again, sometimes Loyalty can be Blind and that is what I fear and find Sad arouses these uncalled for attacks.

I was always taught you stand on your own two feet, if you are good enough the audience will like you, these is plenty of space in this Big Wide World of Entertainment for everyone! I managed a boy band that toured many times in the UK with Backstreet Boys and sometimes the group I managed got equal appreciation and at some venues even better, but I still rate Backstreet Boys and the amazing vocals they had!

It just gets boring the attacks, if you don't like someone that is your opinion, but why keep raising the same subject over and over again??

Jaybs, I am from the UK and people know on here that we have worked closely with Mr Brown.
    Fair play to Danny and KSE they are going to keep bring them over untill they stop making money on them! That's just business.
    Dose not change the fact that they have been
    On tv in the UK twice in two year and both time's airon has been crap!

Smart21

Hey Smart21
    Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff suggested the same thing.From what Russ explain to me,Kenny Gamble told Russell that he should replace all of them.But Russ told them if they wanted him,they have to take all of them...
    They were all childhood friends...loyalty played a factor!!!

IJI
    You are very smart!!!

PianoMD.
    I take it you are "pianoman"? LOL
    We have all had our say in the past. LOL I cant see how anyone can defend this video.
    If you look at it from a business point of view and to help the group you would think he would keep his mouth closed!! LMFAO

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I've always been an open discussion guy but I'm starting to think SD should ban all the nutty Stylistics and Supremes threads.

I see that guys post for a certain number of years and then just pack it in......it's all been said a dozen times in a dozen different ways.

If you dislike someone, you'll keep disliking them...........until you're "knockin on heaven's door", you hope.

Sometimes people opinion of other people change - but they are not strong enough to admit it.

But these guys are just awful.

What is everyone fussing about?

Seriously people
    You all know that's how they really sound.
    Quit pretending you don't you don't know what's happeniing
    You all keep spending your hard earn money to see them perform.
    If they're that horrible why do you keep spending your MONEY?
    Most of you are really tone deaf.
    But its your money, so you're going to keep spending your money on those horrible concerts.
    If you don't believe me, go to a 70s soul jam!!!
    It speaks for itself!!!!

lj1

Yes a promoter will keep bringing any artist over to the UK when they sell out all the time! and punters the people who attend never complain. I have several UK Concert DVD's and the sound is fine, I have heard much worse and I have been in the industry since I felt school. I was always taught and artists I worked with I taught the same if you are Professional Never, Never! knock a fellow artist in Public, if you do then you stoop to a very low level.

I could say and know many things about artists, from record company execs to management but they were private discussions and that is how they always stay with me!

It is just time that these most Petty discussions but they are not that they are made by few as personal attacks stopped, if you want to be a very loyal clique form a website or forum and whine to yourselves all day! LOL

Jaybs,
    When they are in concert they sound nothing like what they do on this video!! manily down to the face they all have there own mic's and the sound tech will mix it so a certin voice is not coming out very loud! LOL
    In a live show Van keeps the harmany together, as did "painoman" when Russel was with the group!
    But this was on TV as a promo for the tour. If I had never been to see them live but was thinking about going, then seen that on TV I would of changed my mind!
    There is no argument to be had on this subject because the video speaks for its self!!
    The only reason I say names is becasue why should the other members of the group be made to look shit?

lj1

I do feel you tend to accept that on a forum like this some of us have knowledge about music and the industry, the Majority of those who go to live concerts will not think the same as many here will do, they will Never be as critical, they would not spot errors like we do and if people are off tune unless it stands out a Mile and even on the BBC show which I watched live I do not think 95% of viewers would notice anything wrong.

Some concerts I may not go to but that is just one person like you and as we have discussed The Stylistics fill Concert Halls still in the UK and they have a really dedicated following.

Wwwwwwwwwwoooooooooowwwwwwwwww.
    Ceasar