[REMOVE ADS]

Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball [[Motown Remix)

I thought you all might get a kick out of this - in order to show how The Funk Brothers were such a big part of the Motown Sound, I wanted to use an unlikely candidate of a singer and song, and remix it in an attempt to show how the musicians in the snakepit might have played it. In the process, maybe get some younger music fans aware of who the Funks are and what they created:

Somewhat interesting. But, now I wonder how Booker T. & The M.G's would do it.

Not too bad...

After seeing the clips of her twerking and tonguing at Robin Thicke, I can't even try to watch this, I'm afraid...

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    After seeing the clips of her twerking and tonguing at Robin Thicke, I can't even try to watch this, I'm afraid...
    Watch it! It will be fine. Your sensibilities will not be harmed.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    IT's just the still photo of Miley on the wrecking ball. This is an audio clip of the remix. Nice job.

Good job capturing that Motown sound in a remix! I recognize that little percussion part from "Ain't No Mountain High Enough!" That reminds me of Solange Knowles' Motown rip-off [[I mean--homage j/k lol) "I Decided." Sounds like "Heat Wave" and the "Where Did Our Love Go" percussion. I loved her album!

Beautiful work, Drew. After I heard your version, I checked out the original and it was very apparent how much your playing had added to it. Subtle and refined and somehow just what it needed.

Well, yes, quite. I liked it