[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New BRENDA HOLLOWAY cd coming from ACE....

I just logged on to ACE's website to see what's new and was thrilled to see a new Brenda Holloway cd coming up.
    I can't believe there are still tracks from the vaults on this lady! Can't wait for this one.

http://acerecords.co.uk/when-im-gone-classics-rarities

This is great. I'm sure the unreleased stuff will be amazing, as has been everything so far by her.

Now, if we could just get her unreleased Music Merchant / HDH sessions released...

Looks great..[[I assume) the mono version of Tamla-Motown TML 11083 + a few selections from Tamla 257 + [[8) previously unreleased bonus tracks!!!
    Keith,
    Are you able to say anything about the unfamiliar bonus tracks # 17, 19, 23, 24?

And, thanks be to God, the cover photo is not the 'violin bow-tie' shot constructed for TML 11083, but rather a very classy out-take from the same photo session.

Name:  CDTOP405a.jpg
Views: 1350
Size:  21.2 KB

cdtop-405

RossHolloway Guest
    YEA!!!!!!!! This is such good news!

this is great news...all good things come to those who wait.

stopinthenameoflove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    And, thanks be to God, the cover photo is not the 'violin bow-tie' shot constructed for TML 11083, but rather a very classy out-take from the same photo session.
    I'll be buying this! But Carole, you're right that album cover was bl00dy awful first time round!!

Here's the track list, looks like tracks 17-24 are the previously unreleased songs. Definitely have to buy this one.

1. Together 'Til The End Of Time
    2. Every Little Bit Hurts
    3. Where Were You
    4. I've Got To Find It
    5. Unchained Melody
    6. Hurt A Little Every Day
    7. I'll Be Available
    8. You've Made Me So Very Happy
    9. I've Been Good To You
    10. Too Proud To Cry
    11. I'll Always Love You
    12. Operator
    13. When I'm Gone
    14. You Can Cry On My Shoulder
    15. Just Look What You've Done
    16. Starting The Hurt All Over Again
    17. Mr Lifeguard [[Come And Rescue Me)
    18. My Smile Is Just A Frown Turned Upside Down
    19. After All That You've Done
    20. The Love Line
    21. Can't We Be Strangers Again
    22. Just Another Lonely Night
    23. Where There's A Will There's A Way
    24. It's Love I Need

Just eight previously unreleased songs? I don't see much here to get excited over.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-23-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Just eight unreleased cuts? I don't see much here to get excited over.
    You're kidding surely Kamasu? I've bought entire albums with eight tracks on them

Quote Originally Posted by stopinthenameoflove View Post
    You're kidding surely Kamasu? I've bought entire albums with eight tracks on them

I'm not. They must be helluva songs...Will this be in stereo or mono? The Brenda Holloway Millenium set was stereo if I remember right. Is there a stereo version of Tell Me Your Story ? I've only seen it on one CD release.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-23-2013 at 09:59 PM.

I'm not. They must be helluva songs...
    the usual two or three singles and the rest filler. I really did think you were kidding! Oh well!

It takes a lot to get Kam in a positive frame of mind.

Nice Work Ace!!!! The covers for the Motown series are all first rate. Unreleased material at 33% works for me. Looking forward to this set.

This is a must-have. Any idea of release date?

SORRY I just don't go ga-ga for a Brenda Holloway CD of which I already have more than half of the tracks already. And you Brits will only pay half for this CD that Americans will as an import.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-23-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Not counting Brenda's solo CD releases [[Anthologies, early years, Motorcity, etc.), numerous unreleased Motown tracks have popped up from time to time on CD releases such as the CELLARFUL series, etc.).

Does anyone have a complete listing of all of her "unreleased" tracks that have so far popped up?
    Last edited by longtimefan; 08-23-2013 at 07:11 PM.

As usual, eagle eyes have pipped me with the post!

The CD is scheduled for release at the end of October.

I'm not sure what you want me to say about those particular bonus tracks, Carole! They're all great, of course. The running order roughly reflects the recording date order: "Mr Lifeguard" must be one of her earliest Motown recordings, "It's Love I Need" is one of her last.

Sorry to those who would have liked more previously unreleased. The notion was to put out the original LP - which has never been issued digitally - in its rare stereo format. The bonus tracks are what they say - a bonus. Yes, there are TONS of unreleased Brendas in the Vaults, I'm happy to say. It'll be a while before that well runs dry.

The next Ace/Motown CD will be more like 50/50 released/unreleased. And we plan to make the one after that ALL unreleased, for a change.

Keep the faith and get ready to cash in your pension funds ... With luck, Motown Select's TCMS V12B will be following hot on the heels of Brenda.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    As usual, eagle eyes have pipped me with the post!

The CD is scheduled for release at the end of October.

I'm not sure what you want me to say about those particular bonus tracks, Carole! They're all great, of course. The running order roughly reflects the recording date order: "Mr Lifeguard" must be one of her earliest Motown recordings, "It's Love I Need" is one of her last.

Sorry to those who would have liked more previously unreleased. The notion was to put out the original LP - which has never been issued digitally - in its rare stereo format. The bonus tracks are what they say - a bonus. Yes, there are TONS of unreleased Brendas in the Vaults, I'm happy to say. It'll be a while before that well runs dry.

The next Ace/Motown CD will be more like 50/50 released/unreleased. And we plan to make the one after that ALL unreleased, for a change.

Keep the faith and get ready to cash in your pension funds ... With luck, Motown Select's TCMS V12B will be following hot on the heels of Brenda.
    Are you saying there will be two more Brenda CDs?

See my making my observation is not gonna stop you Brenda fans from getting more music from your precious Northern soul queen. There is more coming. But would we have found out there is lots more had I not griped? Probably not.

See my making my observation is not gonna stop you Brenda fans from getting more music from your precious Northern soul queen. There is more coming. But would we have found out there is lots more had I not griped? Probably not.
    What a bitter and self-righteous post

[QUOTE=keith_hughes;185618]As usual, eagle eyes have pipped me with the post!

The CD is scheduled for release at the end of October....
    The notion was to put out the original LP - which has never been issued digitally - in its rare stereo format. The bonus tracks are what they say - a bonus. [QUOTE]

Thanks, Keith.
    As you have mentioned on several occasions that your preference is to issue ALL mono or ALL stereo cd's, should we assume that the bonus tracks are also stereo versions?

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Not counting Brenda's solo CD releases [[Anthologies, early years, Motorcity, etc.), numerous unreleased Motown tracks have popped up from time to time on CD releases such as the CELLARFUL series, etc.).

Does anyone have a complete listing of all of her "unreleased" tracks that have so far popped up?
    Going here http://www.dftmc.info/artists/ah.htm and scrolling down to Brenda Holloway, you should be able to compile the list you desire [[as well as seeing titles for a few tracks still in the vaults).

Keith,
    Which is the correct title for a selection on Disc 2 of Brenda's [[U.K.) Anthology

"Don't Judge Me" [[listed in booklet and on back cover) or "Baby Before You Judge Me" [[listed at DFTMC)?

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Are you saying there will be two more Brenda CDs?
    I'm reading it to mean that the next 2 planned Ace/Motown cd's [artist[[s) currently not disclosed] will be of that make-up , not that the next 2 Ace/Motown cd's will be Brenda Holloway cd's.

What a bitter and self-righteous post
    Call it whatever you want. As a consumer expected to spend my money on this CD, I CAN ask all of the questions I please. I don't brown nose and act overly grateful just because some CD is getting released. I didn't say don't buy this, I just wanted to know if it will be worth my money.

Call it whatever you want. As a consumer expected to spend my money on this CD, I CAN ask all of the questions I please. I don't brown nose and act overly grateful just because some CD is getting released. I didn't say don't buy this, I just wanted to know if it will be worth my money.
    And yet you didn't ask ask any questions! Just a lot of 'me' and 'my' and a bit of 'your precious Northern soul queen'

Great news about this CD. What caught my eye was the track "Just Another Lonely Night", an awesome song as done by the Fantastic Four [[and it will have to go some to beat that). Looking forward to hearing Brenda's version. Yes I would buy pretty much anything on this lady but would really welcome her "Every Little Bit Hurts" album with original artwork which is very attractive. ACE are certainly spoiling us with these releases. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    I'm reading it to mean that the next 2 planned Ace/Motown cd's [artist[[s) currently not disclosed] will be of that make-up , not that the next 2 Ace/Motown cd's will be Brenda Holloway cd's.
    Carole,
    That's actually how I read it, too. I am sure that Keith will clarify. Thanks!

And yet you didn't ask ask any questions! Just a lot of 'me' and 'my' and a bit of 'your precious Northern soul queen'
    Go back to the first post, bright boy. That looks like a question to me. And the last time I checked, I was free to post my opinions just like everyone else.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-23-2013 at 11:05 PM.

I'll be getting this cd too for the extra music. I just wish the stereo version of "All I Do" gets released sometime soon.

An absolutely gem of a release - and a must have. Yes, some of the tracks from the "Artistry" LP were included on the Anthology, but to get it all in stereo is a bonus. Love the Temps version of "Just Another Lonely Night", and wouldn't have thought anyone could top the emotive vocals of Paul Williams, but we're talking Brenda Holloway here...
    Would have liked to see "Can't Hold This Feeling Back" included as one of the unreleased tracks. Can't believe this masterpiece hasn't seen the light of day yet. However, with a hint of more Brenda to come, it may get a release . . . eventually.
    Great cover by the way...

Wayne

Carole, you're quite right: I didn't mean to imply that the next two Ace CDs following The Artistry will both be Brenda comps.

"Don't Judge Me" is what the song is called on the tape box, but on the filing card that's crossed out and replaced by "Baby Before You Judge Me". I can't find the song under either title at BMI!

Yes, personally I prefer all mono or all stereo collections. But this one was complicated. For a start, it seems that the multi-track tape of "Every Little Bit Hurts" never reached Detroit, and when Motown made the stereo version of her first LP, they created a "fake stereo" version of the track. We don't feel that "fake stereo" tracks are acceptable in 2013, so we've reverted to the mono version. The bonus tracks on the CD were only mixed for mono back in the day, and we thought people would rather hear the original mixes to hearing new stereo mixes.

I would buy a cd if it only had 1 unreleased track let alone 8...cant wait for this one..great artwork Keith.

Blimey! - 6 messages Kamasu. That's 6 times you've logged on to tell us your not buying this CD. I think Keith H will sleep OK.

Now that the TamlaMotiwn anthology is OOP and extremely expensive on the resale market, this will be a welcome release.
    I'll buy it to support the program, and future releases.

Originally Posted by longtimefan
    Not counting Brenda's solo CD releases [[Anthologies, early years, Motorcity, etc.), numerous unreleased Motown tracks have popped up from time to time on CD releases such as the CELLARFUL series, etc.). Therefore, does anyone have a complete listing of all of her "unreleased" tracks that have so far popped up?

carole cucumber

Going here http://www.dftmc.info/artists/ah.htm and scrolling down to Brenda Holloway, you should be able to compile the list you desire [[as well as seeing titles for a few tracks still in the vaults).

Thanks, Carole. I have gone to DFTMC [[great site!) and, of course, none of the unreleased tracks on this new Ace release appear there.

I am still wondering if other tracks that were once "unreleased" and have now come out on various compilation are indeed all on that site? My question remains: Does anyone have a complete list of Brenda's tracks that are now on CD?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, Carole. I have gone to DFTMC [[great site!) and, of course, none of the unreleased tracks on this new Ace release appear there.

I am still wondering if other tracks that were once "unreleased" and have now come out on various compilation are indeed all on that site? My question remains: Does anyone have a complete list of Brenda's tracks that are now on CD?

Thanks in advance!
    [/QUOTE]

DFTMC does not list vault tracks not yet officially released; once "The Artistry of Brenda Holloway" is released , tracks 17-24 will be added. DFTMC does, however, list tracks that have found their way into collector's hands via acetates.
    It also lists tracks that have appeared on compilations such as A Cellarful of Motown, etc. You should have no trouble compiling the list you desire utilizing the fine work of DFTMC's authors.

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    Blimey! - 6 messages Kamasu. That's 6 times you've logged on to tell us your not buying this CD. I think Keith H will sleep OK.
    If you read all 6 messages you did not see me say I wasn't buying this set. Go over all of the messages and show me where I said I'm not buying this. Some of you guys assume way too much and think you know everything about someone else when you don't. If you mind your own business and quit sniping at me because I think and speak for myself, we'd all be fine.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-24-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Go back to the first post, bright boy. That looks like a question to me. And the last time I checked, I was free to post my opinions just like everyone else.
    Your first post is a statement with a question mark at the end. I do see you edited your second post to add a question. I'm certainly not questioning anyone's right to post their opinions here

Im all confused. Was the Artistry album/cd ever released in US? If not this is great news for Yanks who can order it,right?

Your first post is a statement with a question mark at the end. I do see you edited your second post to add a question. I'm certainly not questioning anyone's right to post their opinions here
    I still asked questions...lots of them. It's my right. You can't tell me how to think or whether I can edit a post or not or if I should be grateful about some CD. It's ridiculous for you to tell me how and what I should feel. Move on, we will not agree on this.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-24-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Im all confused. Was the Artistry album/cd ever released in US? If not this is great news for Yanks who can order it,right?

It was not released in the US in the Sixties. But some form of it was released on the Brenda Holloway Motown Anthology and there was a mono album with that title in the UK [TML 11083]. I think this will be a stereo, but I am not sure because a few bozos have taken offense because I have an opinion and questions. And yes you can order it if you like.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-24-2013 at 05:46 PM.

I still asked questions...lots of them. It's my right. You can't tell me how to think or whether I can edit a post or not or if I should be grateful about some CD. It's ridiculous for you to tell me how and what I should feel. Move on, we will not agree on this.
    I have not told you how to think or whether you can edit a post. Neither did I tell you how or what you should feel, so I'm not being 'ridiculous'. What you did not do was ask any questions until you were challenged after stating your right to ask them! You tell me to 'move on' after I log in and see you describing me disparagingly as 'bright boy'? I'll not describe how I see your behaviour and will leave you to it.

Basically, in essence you were telling me how I should feel and what I should think. Why did you think you needed to respond to my statement or question? I realize by your being from another country and culture, you can't see just how offensive you were. It's not your place to challenge me. I'M not your child.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-24-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Basically, you did tell me how I should feel and what I should think. Why did you think you needed to respond to my statement or question? You should have minded your business. It's not your place to challenge me. I'M not your child.
    It's a discussion board. For discussion, hence a response to your statement [[not question). No, you are quite correct you're not my child - but you are acting like a child.

And you didn't answer my question. Why did you feel that what I stated needed challenging? Why did you care so much what I posted on a discussion board? Is it going to stop you and others from buying a CD? NO.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-24-2013 at 06:27 PM.

GO pass out somewhere.
    That's just rude.

That's just rude.
    I see you edited your post to remove the rude comment. Thank you. It was reported though.