[REMOVE ADS]

Has everything in the vault been catalogued?

Reading the thread about Tammi's version of I'll Turn To Stone I am left wondering if there are still masters in the vault [[for any artist or group) that have not yet been catalogued?

Does anyone know please?

Discoveries are still being made. Andy and George have said the session and tape logos may say one thing, but when the tape plays it's another. One would really have to sit down and listen to every track on every tape to find and make the appropriate corrections Motown forgot to fill in.

Andy and Harry stumbled across the Jean Supremes version of Walk With Me, Talk With Me Darling which was included on the 70s Anthology

I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations Guest
    It would be nice to hear some unreleased music from the Temptations.
    We hardly hear a thing from them.

thomas96 Guest
    Until every single tape is gone through, no. And that will take years.

Send them to me and I`ll through them free of charge.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post

I know, right!

RossHolloway Guest
    Preach MJ!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations View Post
    I'll second that! They are my absolute favorite Motown group.

Oh, what I would give to listen to all the multitrack tapes

Quote Originally Posted by I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations View Post
    Last I heard, there wasn't anything known left on the Temptations, so any future releases would have to be new finds.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    You'll have to get in line first

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    You'll have to get in line first

Which one are you - I reckon I'm about 250th in this line....

I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations Guest
    So are you saying that there's no more unreleased music from the Temptations?
    Everything has been released? Wow!, if that's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Last I heard, there wasn't anything known left on the Temptations, so any future releases would have to be new finds.

RossHolloway Guest
    I no longer have my Emperors of Soul box set on the Temptations, but if my memory serves me correct, I don't recall any unreleased tracks after 68/69 and that also goes for their Lost and Found set. Does anyone else find it odd/strange/curious that the Temps did not have ANY vaulted tracks, while MR & the Vandella's can have 150+ unreleased tracks?? Is it also plausible that Jr Walker & the Allstars also have no unreleased tracks from the 1970's?

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    I no longer have my Emperors of Soul box set on the Temptations, but if my memory serves me correct, I don't recall any unreleased tracks after 68/69 and that also goes for their Lost and Found set. Does anyone else find it odd/strange/curious that the Temps did not have ANY vaulted tracks, while MR & the Vandella's can have 150+ unreleased tracks?? Is it also plausible that Jr Walker & the Allstars also have no unreleased tracks from the 1970's?
    Ross
    I wonder if Norman Whitfield has/had control over any vaulted Temptations tracks. They were constantly touring where as Martha Reeves wasn't in the 70's

Based on what I've read about The Temptations, and I would assume the same holds true for Junior Walker & The All Stars and a couple of other artists, they were on the road so often [[the Temptations invariably did some 300+ dates a year) that recording sessions were done on the run, so to speak. Also, after the disaster that was the House Party album, I'm sure The Temptations themselves wouldn't have wanted large quantities of unused tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    RH:

The Emperors Of Soul box set included one unreleased track after 68/69, "My Kinda Woman" which was an outtake from their "Special" LP from 1989 w/ Ollie Woodson on lead.

The Temptations' 25th Anniversary set, issued in 1986, included three early-mid 70's unrelesaed tracks: "Come To Me", "Soulmate" and "Thanks To You".

I've also heard about the Tempts not having any more vaulted tracks a few years back; if you recall late last year Motown issued unreleased songs as MP3's on the Tempts via I-Tunes/Amazon under "Motown Unreleased 1962: Guys, Vol. 2". Me thinks that there are still some unissued songs somewhere in those vaults!
    Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 10-10-2013 at 02:16 PM.

This is too good a straight line to pass up.

The title of this thread is wrong.

Has everything in the vault been catalogued?

It should be:

Has everyone who has been catalogued put into a vault.

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by no_place_like_motown View Post
    RH:

The Emperors Of Soul box set included one unreleased track after 68/69, "My Kinda Woman" which was an outtake from their "Special" LP from 1989 w/ Ollie Woodson on lead.

The Temptations' 25th Anniversary set, issued in 1986, included three early-mid 70's unrelesaed tracks: "Come To Me", "Soulmate" and "Thanks To You".

I've also heard about the Tempts not having any more vaulted tracks a few years back; if you recall late last year Motown issued unreleased songs as MP3's on the Tempts via I-Tunes/Amazon under "Motown Unreleased 1962: Guys, Vol. 2". Me thinks that there are still some unissued songs somewhere in those vaults!
    Will we ever see the "Motown Unreleased 1962: Guys, Vol. 2", on hard copy?

If I can download it and produce it on CD then anyone can. The recordings aren`t that sophisticated but well worth having.

thomas96 Guest
    I'm sure there are still dozens of unreleased Temps tracks.