[REMOVE ADS]

Smokey Robinson on Radio 2 now

A new interview with Smokey by the very knowledgeable Paul Gambaccini on BBC Radio 2 now, 22:00 until midnight. Great music clips, two intelligent men discussing them.

Thanks. Will catch it on i-player.

Well worth it, 144man.

It's sort of jumped a few years.

Interestingly, that he confirms that the "Bill" in Dont Mess With Bill is not any specific person but just a name that works well in the song

It's well worth a listen, going back to the earliest days of Motown.

Only two days left on BBC i-player.

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    A new interview with Smokey by the very knowledgeable Paul Gambaccini on BBC Radio 2 now, 22:00 until midnight. Great music clips, two intelligent men discussing them.
    soulwally...thanks so much for the info. I just listened to it...nicely done. The interview got into some things I was surprised about.

Paul Gambaccini really is an excellent presenter. Shows enthusiasm for all kinds of music, and really knows his stuff. An American in the UK - and we've been glad to have him these past 40 years.

Thanks to the guys who posted.....just spent 2 hours in the company of my favourite Motown writer & producer.....well put together.
    I'd love to get UMG to sweep the vaults of SR&TM material from 65-69...if there is such material left....I spent so many hours in my youth listening to Smokey's songs.....it would be nice to thing I could have that excitement again.