[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: X-factor ~

X-factor ~

LILLIE MCCLOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly Rowland made some mistakes esp. keeping that Rachel who made all the excuses for sounding so sucky!

Opinions???

S.S.

I don't watch the show, but I caught about 20 minutes last night. My wife and I disagree on the guy who sang "You Are So Beautiful" very well in his first audition, but totally blew that song last night. In my opinion, you are only as good as your last chance to prove it. You may have been lucky the first time to perform well, so if you do poorly the second time, that's more than enough reason to kick you out. Forget potential. She made a mistake with keeping that guy.

And the Santa Claus clone totally blew "Midnight Hour". I can sing that song better with a frog, newt, salamander, and crocodile in my throat than Grandpa did on that stage. I laughed when Simon tried to cajole her into keeping him, knowing that he was by far the weakest thing going. Anyway, I don't have the patience to watch those contests on a week-to-week basis, so all I can comment on is what I saw.

I didn't get to see the whole show either, but I'm with you, S.S. on Lillie. Fantabulous!!

I think think they may have made a mistake on Santa Claus. Yes, he did blow "Midnight Hour", but his personality and crowd appeal was something else. The audience was totally with him and he might have lasted a while during the competition. On the other hand, some good singers might have gone home as a result, so it's six of one and a half dozen of the other.

The producers need to come clean about Lillie - the fact she has recorded before, etc., to avoid any negative backlash.

~~Mary~~

Geez.....................Demi Lavato sent home the young girl who sounded like a young Whitney! Bad move, the girl Ashley had such an amazing voice she could have won the entire thing.
    For someone so young her voice was perfection.

I think Demi needs to be sent home she couldn't make any decisions and then only bad ones for the most part. What is going on... on X-Factor.

S.S.

I was shocked by Demi's decision to send Ashley home, too. I guess she wasn't pop enough for their taste, but she had a much better voice than some she chose.

~~Mary~~

smark21 Guest
    X Factor hasn’t been much of a success in America. The previous two winners of the show went nowhere after the show. The purpose of the show is supposedly to find a star, not the best singer. The biggest star to come out of the UK version is the boy band One Direction, a group not known for their singing prowess, but they appeal to the tween girls at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    Geez.....................Demi Lavato sent home the young girl who sounded like a young Whitney! Bad move, the girl Ashley had such an amazing voice she could have won the entire thing.
    For someone so young her voice was perfection.
    you are only as good as your last chance to prove it
    Ashley blew it and she knows it. Great singer, but when you're on a show like that you have to be on the top of your game every night.

I'm amazed at how the contestants on these shows don't take advantage of the advice offered by the judges. Forget the insults [[especially on Dancing With the Stars and American Idol) and listen to why they are panning you and not the words they use to do it. And don't do that the next time. Music and dance are based on fundamentals and if you nail the bottom right, it's hard to screw up what you put on top of it. Don't take it personal. Find out what they want and give it to them because if you can't, I don't care how talented you are, you weren't meant to be in the bright lights.