[REMOVE ADS]

Rare Mary Wilson Lead : "If You Let Me" 1969

Here's a rare, unreleased track of Mary, Jean and Cindy from 1969 with Mary on lead: "If You Let Me" Check it out!

Thanks Marv-great Mary lead though I think Sly and Family Stone would have sued!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks Marv-great Mary lead though I think Sly and Family Stone would have sued!
    you're welcome, hehehehehehe.......

I like how you can hear Jean very prominently on the background. Cindy too!

I am learning bits and pieces about this recording. It was written by Deke Richards and Beatrice Verdi [[and produced by the former).

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I am learning bits and pieces about this recording. It was written by Deke Richards and Beatrice Verdi [[and produced by the former).
    Cool, it's an awesome tune! Do you think it's really 1969? It almost sounds like it could be an outtake from New Ways.

I really do think it is 1969 because they were doing a lot of recording with Jean during the day and performing with Diana Ross at night.

To hear the "original" version, check out Chris Clark's version recorded over three sessions in January 1969. It was previously unreleased, but eventually turned up on her 2-CD set, "The Motown Collection," a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    To hear the "original" version, check out Chris Clark's version recorded over three sessions in January 1969. It was previously unreleased, but eventually turned up on her 2-CD set, "The Motown Collection," a few years back.
    Thank you Danman. Hey do you know who produced Chris' version? I am guessing that Frank Wilson produced the Supremes version.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mary Wilson is and was a great singer, but Motown and Ross did not want you to know that.

Mary Wilson was almost destroyed at Motown in order for Diana to rise - You could not have Mary Wilson and or any combination of the post Diana Supremes get success that would bring them up in the Diana Ross league. Not ever gonna happen.
    Last edited by topdiva1; 10-28-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Deke Richards produced both Chris Clark and The Supremes' versions.

Now its gone!

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Now its gone!
    Maybe Berry had it pulled? LOL!!!!

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Mary Wilson is and was a great singer, but Motown and Ross did not want you to know that.

Mary Wilson was almost destroyed at Motown in order for Diana to rise - You could not have Mary Wilson and or any combination of the post Diana Supremes get success that would bring them up in the Diana Ross league. Not ever gonna happen.
    Give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post

I agree and all the facts seem to point to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Deke Richards produced both Chris Clark and The Supremes' versions.
    Way to go, Danman. Ever the Motown scholar. Someone who actually buys Motown product and reads the liner notes and credits.

It was probably an issue with Universal, they own that material.

Just adding my thoughts. Universal are always on the watch for anything like this because what we are dealing with here is basically stolen property as these two tracks have never been released. The poster or A.N. Other somewhere down the line stole music tapes from Motown, a fact that's been well documented in fan groups over the years. The moral of the story is don't mess with Universal.

^ Right. So much for the Diana/Berry conspiracy lol

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Just adding my thoughts. Universal are always on the watch for anything like this because what we are dealing with here is basically stolen property as these two tracks have never been released. The poster or A.N. Other somewhere down the line stole music tapes from Motown, a fact that's been well documented in fan groups over the years. The moral of the story is don't mess with Universal.
    Well said as usual Copley. Universal has the right to protect its investment. But you would be surprised at who leaked these taped rarities. An artist might have had tapes for years that they were given as reference guides or rough mixes just to see how they sounded. They may have kept the tapes for years until they either give them to fans to "listen to" or the fans sneak through the singer's private items and lifts the rarities. And we know what happens next. They get traded among fans. But you're right, in essence many of these "rarities" were stolen from the company.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-29-2010 at 11:16 AM.

This video has been removed before I had opportunity to listen to it

deke also produced the cc rides again and put forward the idea for the weed record label for its only release cc rides again

But isn't it these illegal tapes that stimulate interest and eventually force their legitimate release? Would we have had the "Cellarful of Motown" series if it weren't for the bootlegs?