[REMOVE ADS]

I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations Guest

Rare video of you can't hurry love?

I have never seen this clip. Not sure if you guys have or not?

S&T - I always say "When in doubt--POST!" It's bound to be enjoyed by someone who hasn't seen it before. Or even by someone like myself who has. But I'd say it's still a fairly rare one. And very enjoyable. Thank you for posting.

It's not really rare. If it was on Youtube, thousands of fans have seen it before. It is part of TJL's videos on Motown, which people can get by pledging money to PBS. It has aired on PBS stations ACROSS THE COUNTRY SEVERAL TIMES THIS YEAR. The clip has also been posted on the forum before.

See:
    http://www.wvpt.net/motown.html
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 09-29-2013 at 01:59 AM.

I'd say that's rare! One hardly ever sees this one when compared to the classic Sullivan performance. It's too bad this as a synced performance. I believe they also did "Stop!" on this same show.

I guess it depends on how you define a rarity. In this day with the technology and media sources we have, nothing is really rare There are old forum members who have collected this stuff for years, but it may be new to Motown virgins.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 09-29-2013 at 11:42 AM.

supremester Guest
    Thanks for posting and sharing this great clip!

Thanks for posting this clip.

Does anyone know which show this is from? If it's US it's most likely a syndicated show. I'm not familiar with the outfits they are wearing. The tops look similar to those they wore on the Sullivan Berlin show.

I've only seen this on youtube for the first time during this past year. Although I probably could have it on one of my VHS compilation tapes. Time to review those again.
    Last edited by johnjeb; 09-29-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Can't remember if I've seen this before or not.....it was fun watching just the same. Don't worry if it's been posted before....so what. The clocks won't stop and blood won't flow in the streets....well....maybe around here!

Thanks so much, that clip is new to me. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Could it be from Shebang?

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    Thanks for posting this clip.

Does anyone know which show this is from? If it's US it's most likely a syndicated show. I'm not familiar with the outfits they are wearing. The tops look similar to those they wore on the Sullivan Berlin show.
    I've seen some collector's list the segments being from a TV special titled MOD, MOD WORLD. I assume this show was syndicated. It looks like it was filmed at Pallisades Park, which I guess was or is in New Jersey. It looks like Where the Action Is, but the Supes were only on that once.

Quote Originally Posted by I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations View Post
    I've had this show on VHS, "Mod, Mod World" or something like that for over 20 years. Great piece of historical entertainment footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    I've seen some collector's list the segments being from a TV special titled MOD, MOD WORLD. I assume this show was syndicated. It looks like it was filmed at Pallisades Park, which I guess was or is in New Jersey. It looks like Where the Action Is, but the Supes were only on that once.
    You are correct about the show it was from. It aired in 1966.

Sorry didn't mean to offend. That's why I said not sure if you guys saw this or not plus I put a question mark. I don't want to repost something that was already seen.

And it's rare for me.... It's my first time seeing it. Well technically a lot of Supreme videos are brand new to me because....I wasn't born when the Supremes came out. So what's considered old[[youtube clips) to some people on this board is considered new to me.
    It's not really rare. If it was on Youtube, thousands of fans have seen it before. It is part of TJL's videos on Motown, which people can get by pledging money to PBS. It has aired on PBS stations ACROSS THE COUNTRY SEVERAL TIMES THIS YEAR. The clip has also been posted on the forum before.

See:
    http://www.wvpt.net/motown.html
    Last edited by I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations; 09-29-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Sorry didn't mean to offend. That's why I said not sure if you guys saw this or not plus I put a question mark. I don't want to repost something that was already seen.

And it's rare for me.... It's my first time seeing it. Well technically a lot of Supreme videos are brand new to me because....I wasn't born when the Supremes came out. So what's considered old[[youtube clips) to some people on this board is considered new to me.
    No biggie, you're a newbie. I just have an aversion to the word rare. A video dealer I once knew always used the term when he was selling some video that he almost always overcharged for.

I would say I'm a "Motown virgin".
    I started my Supremes/Motown "obsession" last year..... Ever since then I've been listening to every song, watching every YouTube clip and reading every book about them.

I guess it depends on how you define a rarity. In this day with the technology and media sources we have, nothing is really rare There are old forum members who have collected this stuff for years, but it may be new to Motown virgins.

Good for you, I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations - you've got great taste! You have a lot to look forward to and I expect your love and appreciation will just keep growing...

...And your credit, debit card and bank account balances get smaller and smaller.

that's right I [[heart) The Supremes and Temptations! welcome to the world of great music. and you know what - you go right on ahead and post as many videos on here as you want. it might be new to you and familiar to us, but we all love seeing them again anyway!

please disregard some of the nonsense people post on this site. often the dialogs get far too insane and heated. people tend to forget it's about sharing the joy and love of the music these great artists gave us. thrilled to have new fans coming on board

btw - there are tons of Sup videos on youtube. i know cuz i posted a lot of them! lol

Thanks so much! I dont think Ive ever seen it. Is not Miss Flo sashaying her way up front or is it the camera angle?? She looks like the lead singer to me from her position. Just love her!

New to me and these ladies were Super!

A MOD, MOD, WORLD - ABC 8/13/66 TV
    Special hosted by Bruce Morrow and featuring

Dusty Springfield [[Little By Little and You Don't Have To Say You Love Me)

Freddie & The Dreamers [[Do The Freddie)

Jay
    & The Americans [[Only In America, Come A Little Bit Closer, and Living above Your Head)

Lesley Gore [[Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows and You Don't Own Me)

Lovin' Spoonful
    [[Daydream and Summer In The City)

Marianne Faithful [[Cockleshells and Tomorrow's Calling

Paul and Barry Ryan [[Twas On A Night Like This and Hey, Mr. Wiseman)

The Supremes [[Stop In The Name Of Love and You Can't Hurry Love)

The Trude Heller Dancers

The Yardbirds [[Over Under Sideways Down and Turn Into Earth)