Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
Not being insulting, but how can an album change a person's life? Just curious.

I can't think of any one song or album that has ever made a huge impact in a life-changing way.

I'll briefly explain. Until the disco era, and in particular the Gloria Gaynor album [[plus George McCrae's 'Rock your baby' and also Barry White's 'Can't get enough') I was a good student, and most of my time was spent studying, reading, and listening to music. That music was primarily Motown or classical. I was a solitary person, and had no idea what the inside of a nightclub was like, and probably only went into a pub about once or twice a year. Gloria's album came out, and when I played it, I just found it so very hard to keep still. I wanted to get up, to dance, to go out, studying suffered, music was played very loud, went out, slept with women. When I was getting ready to go out, I often would play this album very loud [[and I do mean loud) and I would become extremely excited about where I was going to go, where I would end up, who I would meet, and so on. For me, the first side of this album was about 19 minutes of sheer fantastic music, designed to stimulate, motivate and make me feel that the night was mine for the taking. That's enough for now ... :-)