Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
Juice! We are the same age! ssssshhhh....! LOL! I am finding all this incredible because you had the same mindset, experience and perspective on things that were going on at that time in music as we did over in Michigan and Ohio! When the film "Saturday Night Fever" came out [[ I think I first saw it in December 1977 or around there...) we were like cool, Vinny Barberino is in a new movie. Some of the clothes he wore, we were already wearing to high school so that was cool too. Now when it came to the club scenes, it was like we might as well be looking at the Cantina Scene from "Star Wars" LOL! We did not dance like that and no one we knew danced like that [[ the Russian Kosak moves, hehehehehe...) but still it was enjoyable. We could relate to the commaraderie and hanging with your buddies on the weekend. To us it was not an accurate portrayal of Urban music, dancing and club going.
Well sheeeit! Both of you are the same age as me. When SNF came out, I didn't think much of the movie at all beyond the music. When I went to the theater to see it, I was not impressed at all. Actually, my father went with my sister and I to see it. Had we know all the stuff that was going to be in it, that never would have happened. Imagine having to sit with your sister and father and having all that sex stuff on the screen. I was fifteen years old and I couldn't have been more embarrassed...except for my sister! And, my father wasn't too crazy about white people at that point in time.