[REMOVE ADS]

Another 'spoken part' question

Following on from the Marvelettes thread, does anyone have any idea who does the spoken part on the Vells 'you'll never cherish a love so true' - it's in the mid part of the song [[c. 1.30-2.00) with one of the V[[and)ells echoing Gloria W's lyrics in spoken form.

It doesn't sound like Martha to my ears - could it be Gloria herself, or Roz or Annette? Or someone else for that matter. Any ideas?

smark21 Guest
    It's Gladys Horton

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    It's Gladys Horton
    Are you sure cause I think its skeeter Davis. I think Frances needs to write Vaughen Thornton to confirm if its his mom.

Roberta

i was asking a serious question.

Psychedelic Jacques

It doesn't sound like Martha to me but this Youtube poster believes it is.

spoken part in vells song

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelic jacques View Post
    Following on from the Marvelettes thread, does anyone have any idea who does the spoken part on the Vells 'you'll never cherish a love so true' - it's in the mid part of the song [[c. 1.30-2.00) with one of the V[[and)ells echoing Gloria W's lyrics in spoken form.

It doesn't sound like Martha to my ears - could it be Gloria herself, or Roz or Annette? Or someone else for that matter. Any ideas?
    Here's what Roz Holmes wrote today:
    Hi David
    That is me doing the talking part to that song.
    Roz

thanks for taking the trouble to do that David, and please thank Roz for her response. Thanks also to you xtown, as ever.

PJ