[REMOVE ADS]

Ok, so I was watching LaBelle on Soul Train today...

Yup, it was another "early day" at the office...So I come home, watched some Nancy Wilson on You tube [[thanks Kams!) and then turned on the tv and was catching the last half hour of Soul Train...

Labelle was on...already missed the Lady Marmelade set [[dam), and was once again wondering "How in the entire hell did I miss the shows from '75?"....

Anyway I noticed that during the interview session, she seemed kinda "distant" from Nona and Sarah...When they were talking about the costumes they had custom made, Patti whispered something to Sarah after Sarah said where she got hers from, and it was kinda like Sarah said something she shouldn't have...I dunno, maybe it's just me...But they just didn't seem like they were "together", but a bit "apart"...Neither one of them backed the other one up nor added to the comments when they gave answers....Just seemed kinda awkward to me....

The song they sang which Patti swore was gonna be a hit, I can't ever recall hearing on the radio during that time or later.....

Maybe it's true what they say: If you can remember the 70's, you weren't really there"....

But it's the 80's I got a real problem with....

Interesting view GrtGzu. I guess it was hard to focus on Patti with stacked and sexy Nona and Sarah pulling attention. You didn't know where to look. When I first saw footage of Labelle, I thought Patti was 60 years old, getting down with two young women. It was the silver hair.Labelle's relationship was always intense, I'm told. These chicks were not afraid to fight each other physically when things got too heated. They could say whatever they wanted to each other and remain friends. They were that close. But success drove 'em apart. Was it the Soul Train episode where they sang live? They were on the show at least twice.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 09-24-2013 at 01:05 PM.

"These chicks were not afraid to fight each other physically when things got too heated." Oh, to be a fly on that wall!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Interesting view GrtGzu. I guess it was hard to focus on Patti with stacked and sexy Nona and Sarah pulling attention. You didn't know where to look. When I first saw footage of Labelle, I thought Patti was 60 years old, getting down with two young women. It was the silver hair.Labelle's relationship was always intense, I'm told. These chicks were not afraid to fight each other physically when things got too heated. They could say whatever they wanted to each other and remain friends. They were that close. But success drove 'em apart. Was it the Soul Train episode where they sang live? They were on the show at least twice.
    OMG, I was thinking the same thing! [[I didn't wanna say it out loud)..She looked so much "older" up there next to Nona and Sarah...

That's too bad that success drove them apart, but after watching their interview on ST, I can see why....DC even seemed to control the questions being asked of them by the dancers [[which I understand is not unheard of)...

And nope, they weren't singing live....